Sign in to follow this  
Resident Leeds Fan Jonny!

Your Ideal First Match - July 17th

With the fixtures being released on July 17th I started contemplating, as I often do, what my ideal first match of the season would be...hmm I thought to myself.Ideally it would be at home, and I''m sure I''ll be there again like last season, and maybe it would be a local derby. BUT I thought, they''ll be plenty of those this season so do I really want that ''anguish'' feeling so early on, that kind of "God no! we can''t get beaten by Doncaster again or have Hull rub it in that early!" [:O]Don''t get me wrong, I have immense belief in my team, but there''s always a worrying doubt when playing in local derbys, rather leave that for later on in the season.So then I thought, well, it would be good to start with a team who will get the players going more than others and that''s gotta be Norwich right? The team that lorded it over us by winning the league prior. Makes sense, each team would be more that up for it and no one would want the other team to stamp their authority on the league so early on, would make for a brilliant match up. Good possibility it would be on TV too, First vs Second, what more could you want for an explosive start to the Championship season. [:)]

No offence to you personally but after last years game at Carra Rud I think the majority of Norwich fans would be quite happy never to see those so called fans of leeds in our city ever again!!!

Resident Leeds Fan Jonny!

That Tony Yeboah goal on your signature is a classic....he also shot from the halfway line from kick off in that gamke against wimbledon, aswell as scoring another great goal...........very good striker....he came after Leeds spent years looking for a decent striker, and he was class.......think he put on weight and he shot to bits, but at his peak, superb and pleasure to watch.

A home tie against one of the easier teams would be a good, hopefully get of to a winning start, so yeah Leeds would be ideal. Am quite keen to see what the first away day will be as I am planning to make a weekend of it, if its somewhere decent.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Ipsh*t at home[Y] we win 4:0 and sit top and stay there all season................[/quote]If Carlsberg did football seasons.......[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Ipsh*t at home[Y] we win 4:0 and sit top and stay there all season................[/quote]

If Carlsberg did football seasons.......

[:D]
[/quote][Y]  ya never know m8

I''d like a winnable away game to start with.

Watford perhaps, Q.P.R?

Nightmare scenario, first five games...

Reading (H)

Sheff Utd (A)

Burnley (H)

Palace (A)

Leicester (H)

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I''d like a winnable away game to start with. Watford perhaps, Q.P.R? Nightmare scenario, first five games... Reading (H) Sheff Utd (A) Burnley (H) Palace (A) Leicester (H)[/quote]

QPR and easy away game shouldn''t be put together at this point in time. They supposedly had all but signed Ambrose prior to Palace being bought out.

If that is the standard of player they will be going after with the dosh they have they could do well, especially now they have a reasonable manager to back.

Would not want to play them too early on. For me the first game of the season is always a bit wobberly for both teams so in a way I would like a ''top'' team at Carrow Road. Gives us the chance to get behind out lads to help with the wobbliness and to get some points in the bag over one of the bigger teams early on.

I''d probably go for either Barnsley or Scunthorpe at home to have the best chance of getting a winning start. We''ll end up with Reading or Hull away though probably.

Sunday August 8th Carrow Rd, showdown at noon against the old enemy for early season bragging rights. A good score and go top of the league.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I''d like a winnable away game to start with. Watford perhaps, Q.P.R? Nightmare scenario, first five games... Reading (H) Sheff Utd (A) Burnley (H) Palace (A) Leicester (H)[/quote]

If we can''t win at Palace next season we never will.

On the other hand, you''re probably right.........