Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Has Rusty finally gone?

Rusty was absolutely key. Sending him packing because you (I can''t remember who said it) have some unresolved issues over relegation is, frankly, moronic. He was part of a team that went down. A team. Since then he''s proved to be instrumental to the way we play. I hope he stays.

Too many rushes of blood. His sendings off in the Championship contributed massively to our relegation. Not bothered if he goes.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Too many rushes of blood. His sendings off in the Championship contributed massively to our relegation. Not bothered if he goes.[/quote]Thats a good point.

What about the seeing red in league 1? Didn''t see it much did he?

[quote user="thirdlion"]Rusty was absolutely key. Sending him packing because you (I can''t remember who said it) have some unresolved issues over relegation is, frankly, moronic. He was part of a team that went down. A team. Since then he''s proved to be instrumental to the way we play. I hope he stays.[/quote]

And maybe he''s found his level...

A very good League One player and an Average to Poor Championship player.

If he goes then the omens are good for us... the last two times he left a Championship side they went on to gain promotion the next season. Us & Stoke.

I don''t think it''s ''rusty'' as you guys call him. Were after Connoly from Derby, James McAthur and Billy Sharp. But I''m thinking it''s Connoly, could be wrong, will have to see this coming week.But if it is him I hope you don''t call him that due to his playing consistency [:)].

[quote] Resident Leeds Fan Jonny!I don''t think it''s ''rusty'' as you guys call him. Were after Connoly from Derby, James McAthur and Billy Sharp. But I''m thinking it''s Connoly, could be wrong, will have to see this coming week.But if it is him I hope you don''t call him that due to his playing consistency [:)][/quote]He will fit well into your dirty team. [y]

Well we are dirty Leeds. We could actually do with a few more ''defensively minded'' midfielders if you like. Would prefer McAthur though, if we get both then super.From the jist of the posts he sounds like a sound holding midfielder with a bit of a sting. Although you all seem pretty divided about the guy, would that division remain if he signed a new contract I wonder...

Can''t say i''ve ever been a fan of him fella.. He started the season really well, but from January he was terrible lol. The game I remember the most was away at Tranmere, when we really needed our midfield the most.. Every time he got the ball he would lose it, I watched him off the ball for abit aswell (as the game had become not worth watching) and he just slugged about the pitch not caring.. Thanks for being in a team that got us promoted, but we won''t miss you. [y]Just to add... Everytime he leaves a team, they go up [;)]

Yeah you should send him somewhere in Jan, as then you will go up from League 1 the following season. [:)]

All this bitterness because he may leave is a bit silly tbh.He had a good season playing a role that doesn''t attract much glamour.If he hadn''t decided to look at other clubs the question of whether or not he could do a job next season wouldn''t even have been asked.

He is not a top 6 championship player. Having said that he has obviously been offered a deal which is probably less than he thinks he can get elsewhere hence the probable departure

I think a fully committed Rusty would be a big loss to any team. A very experienced central midfielder crucial to our good form last season.

However, no one can deny he gets his wander lust and wants a move elsewhere. When that happens, his form dips right off. We saw it in the relegation season - when no one came in for him and Lambert brought him back from the cold, his form picked right up again.

I hope he stays - but I think he should only stay if he can stay focused and concentrated on NCFC.

Someone had a good point. If he wasn''t out of contract would you want to sell him and be saying this...?