Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Cowling - He's still not happy

I don''t see why we would get angry or abusive with them?Just ignore the immature behaviour of their chariman. At the end of the day, we''re in a much, much better position. [Y]

The pitch is being relaid as we speak. The Fox cash was just a bonus for a free transfer, and you can''t keep a player here who never settled due to under-utilisation by our previous manager.

Cowling''s apologised on the official site. And Wiz, it was your fan who ''brought it up again'' by sending him that provocative email.

Anyway, I am so bored of this, it got boring after you got your revenge on the pitch. I want my pre-season friendlies with you lot back, they were good.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]I honestly could not care less about Colchester. I knew absolutely nothing about them before the first game of last season, they weren''t even on my radar, I don''t think I could have even named one of their players.

It is only the actions of one man, whom I suspect is a grade one attention whore who will happily take negative attention over none at all, that has kept us talking about Colchester.

I don''t really care about Colchester or their fans, I could say the same about many, many other clubs, it is no disrespect to them, its just how it is.
[/quote]Thre''s a line Morty, from the greatest Sci Fi move ever, Starship Troopers, it sums them up for me:

KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL![;)]

[/quote]

You''re not helping here, you know.

Don''t you go on their message boards and wind them up too?
[/quote]

Whenever  I can, they deserve it, armpit of a jumped up little club.

[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be more adult to maybe just stop that, move on, and leave them and league one behind?

[:)]
[/quote]It would, and I will..............in time![;)]

If I were a Colchester fan I wouldn''t be looking at Fox leaving as a bonus for a free transfer, more as a loss of one of your best passers of the football, but I see where you''re coming from.

All this aside, best of luck for next season.

Wiz can leave it all behind when the fixture list is released and we all remember there is a trip to another hell hole in Portman Road (But at least they''ll have a half decent playing surface!)

[quote user="SirRobbie"]Sometime in the near future I''m going to be up the pub surrounded by tractor boys watching the almost legendary "Old Farm Derby".

In the past I, and I think most, Colu fans have cheered you lot on - christ I even wanted JC to score a couple of seasons back! and I think I want to again. The trouble is though this business keeps flaring up - now, I suppose the popular belief here is that Robbie can''t let it lie and keeps shooting his mouth off. Well I think you may have a case regarding some of his more passionate offerings. The thing that seems to be forgotten is why has this dragged on?

What would be happening now if instead of playing fast and loose (illegally) over the way you got Lambert, or agreed to the 400K which was apparently the figure Cowling first asked for - if that had been paid there would have been no tribunal which would have meant no punishments for Cowling to comment on, it would have probably meant an increase to your ticket allocation to the game at WHCS and it probably would have led to dear old Keith Armour sending Robbie an email of thanks instead of one wishing him personal misfortune?

In the final analysis there doesn''t seem to be much professionalism or business sense practised on either side. As fans we will always fully support our teams on the pitch, and be thankful for those that keep our clubs afloat (we''d both be up the creek without it) but should we blindly line up and cheer on every proclamation made and action taken?

I hope this will be taken in the right spirit! although First wiz I''ve already imagined your response so need to bother pal ;-)[/quote]The thing that I would be most irritated about if I was a Col U fan is how spectacularly Mr Cowling has p*ssed away the moral high ground that your club had after our approach for Lambert. We acted improperly, as has been proved by the tribunal, yet he''s still banging on about points deductions (which have never once, in the history of English football, been applied for the poaching of a player or a manager), and comparing our hierarchy to Nazis! Unfortunately the irony is clear - there''s only one person acting like a megalomaniac! No disrespect to Col U or its fans, but I can''t understand how you could feel anything but embarrassed by the tripe coming out of Cowling''s mouth.

I feel sorry for you lot having to read Wiz''s tripe all the time.

I posted at great length on another board about my sadness when you lot came to Colchester in January, as ours always used to be a friendly rivalry, and from that day I''ve only really directed my ire at the WUM''s and not the real Norwich fans.

Hope this all dies down quickly. Now that you''ve gone up, there''s really no reason for the dislike any more. I''m certainly not urging Cowling to appeal the compensation amount, simply because I''m so bored of the whole thing. Once the football starts again, I''m sure this will be confined to ancient history.

I should add that I want to see them relegated whilst Howling is there, if he went, I''d see them in a different light probably.

Agreed, he was our best ball player, but it''s our own fault he was unsettled as he just wasn''t getting the games under Boothroyd.

Anyway, it''s good that we''re at least talking about football again.

[quote user="open goal"]Or we could have gone with

Whistle while you work

Cowling is a twerp

Hes half Barmy

So''s his Army

Cowling is a twerp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3SqxUomwk&feature=related[/quote]They haven''t got enough fans to make an army.  [:P]

Wiz my friend, we''re promoted, they''re still in league one, wish IPSWICH to be relegated not Colchester :D

[quote user="First Wizard"]I should add that I want to see them relegated whilst Howling is there, if he went, I''d see them in a different light probably.[/quote]I think your obsession is bordering on unhealthy.[:)]

Seeing as we''re back on the top of football, any idea why he wasn''t getting into your starting XI consistently? Fitness, didn''t fit the system, better options? Any advice would be of use :)

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Seeing as we''re back on the top of football, any idea why he wasn''t getting into your starting XI consistently? Fitness, didn''t fit the system, better options? Any advice would be of use :)[/quote]No good being a midfield ball player if the manager advocates missing out the midfield entirely in a hoofball stylee!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Wiz my friend, we''re promoted, they''re still in league one, wish IPSWICH to be relegated not Colchester :D[/quote]Oh I do Lincs, but you''re right of course, when the fixture list is out, I''ll not think of Compo Utd at all.

Morty''s right, he didn''t fit in with the style of play. Boothroyd liked his midfielders to be all hustle and bustle and little flair, hence Izzet, O''Toole, Wordsworth all starting pretty much every game they were available for.

Bit ironic to mention Tony Martin in your song...

Wasn''t he the bloke that over reacted when a couple of pikey chancers came round on the nick?

[quote user="SirRobbie"]Bit ironic to mention Tony Martin in your song... Wasn''t he the bloke that over reacted when a couple of pikey chancers came round on the nick?[/quote]

Bit ironic, someone who champions Essex referring to them as pikey chancers.

BTW on a side note, if they weren''t somewhere they shouldn''t have been, they wouldn''t have come to harm!

THERE''S ONLY ONE TONY MARTIN!!!

I''m certainly not obsessed with ColWHO and never will be!

(S)cowlings been a prize pr ick and made the situation far worse than what it should have been!

The FA should in my opinion ban him! 

[quote user="SirRobbie"]I think you''ve both missed the point spectacularly lol![/quote]

Didn''t miss your point at all, just thought the way you conveyed it was spectacularly daft. Oh I forgot the "lol".

What''s wrong with the song that was sung back in January?Robbie Cowling what a Cuunt........ and so on...

I am not surprised at the stance of the few people who have posted a view.

I am surprised at the number of posters who do not seem to hold a viewpoint. Does this mean; overall, apart from some exceptions, most Norwich Supporters are no longer interested in the issue and have already moved on?

Some other threads dispute this; so it is a confused picture.

Personally, I think most City fans are fair minded and don''t hold onto grudges when it comes down to other genuine fans.

[quote user="SirRobbie"]AC: Penny finally dropped! - well done bor :-)[/quote]

Whether intentional or otherwise, your attempt to patronise is pretty lame. Whats a Bor by the way?

Ooops nearly done it again, the smiley [:)]