Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Cowling - He's still not happy

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]Sorry, don''t want to potentially get the guy in trouble.[/quote]So why mention anything in the first place?[/quote]To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.And frankly, lol at you of all people telling me off for this.[/quote]So you''re just another representative of Archant trying to sell newspapers?Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s[/quote]Yes, you have completely rumbled me, I work for Archant and I am trying to increase newspaper circulation.[:)][/quote]Which explains why you spend sooo much time on here!Nothing better do eh  Morty?

[quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]Sorry, don''t want to potentially get the guy in trouble.[/quote]So why mention anything in the first place?[/quote]To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.And frankly, lol at you of all people telling me off for this.[/quote]So you''re just another representative of Archant trying to sell newspapers?Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s[/quote]Yes, you have completely rumbled me, I work for Archant and I am trying to increase newspaper circulation.[:)][/quote]Which explains why you spend sooo much time on here!Nothing better do eh  Morty? [/quote]Stop being a bell-end, theres a good lad.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]

Sorry, don''t want to potentially get the guy in trouble.
[/quote]

So why mention anything in the first place?
[/quote]

To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.

And frankly, lol at you of all people telling me off for this.
[/quote]

So you''re just another representative of Archant trying to sell newspapers?

Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s
[/quote]

Yes, you have completely rumbled me, I work for Archant and I am trying to increase newspaper circulation.

[:)]
[/quote]

Which explains why you spend sooo much time on here!

Nothing better do eh  Morty?
[/quote]

Stop being a bell-end, theres a good lad.

[/quote]

And you stop being ''The Giro Playboy''..... There''s a sad lad.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]Sorry, don''t want to potentially get the guy in trouble.[/quote]So why mention anything in the first place?[/quote]To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.And frankly, lol at you of all people telling me off for this.[/quote]So you''re just another representative of Archant trying to sell newspapers?Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s[/quote]Yes, you have completely rumbled me, I work for Archant and I am trying to increase newspaper circulation.[:)][/quote]Which explains why you spend sooo much time on here!Nothing better do eh  Morty? [/quote]Stop being a bell-end, theres a good lad.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Yawn mate.I''ve sh it funnier things than you to be honest.[:)]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Has no-one pointed out to them the irony of the colour of their "news"paper?[/quote]

And has any lawyer checked the story in detail just in case we can do another N.O.T.W on them?

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Has no-one pointed out to them the irony of the colour of their "news"paper?[/quote]

And has any lawyer checked the story in detail just in case we can do another N.O.T.W on them?

[/quote]I am reliably informed that solicitors were consulted before publication lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.

[/quote]

Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s
[/quote]

Yes, you have completely rumbled me, I work for Archant and I am trying to increase newspaper circulation.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yawn mate.

I''ve sh it funnier things than you to be honest.

[/quote]

Yes, from your proboscis.....Tuck in, sh*t fly....

[quote user="city till i die"]done a bit of digging, cowling sent an email to someone at the club, with words associated to nazi''s in the email, and someone at Norwich has leaked it to archant.[/quote]IF that is what has happened (the leaking by the club bit) then it''s going to look very clever for about five minutes.

Listen Mello, I''m actually cringing a little on your behalf here. I have no idea why you feel the need to dig at me, but you''re really making yourself look a bit pathetic.If you think I''m sitting here crying into my coffee because of what you are typing to me then I''m afraid you''re wrong.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yawn mate.

I''ve sh it funnier things than you to be honest.

[/quote]

Yes, from your proboscis.....Tuck in, sh*t fly....

[/quote]

Whats with the attitude?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="city till i die"]done a bit of digging, cowling sent an email to someone at the club, with words associated to nazi''s in the email, and someone at Norwich has leaked it to archant.[/quote]

IF that is what has happened (the leaking by the club bit) then it''s going to look very clever for about five minutes.

[/quote]

That isn''t what happened PC.

[quote user="morty"]Listen Mello, I''m actually cringing a little on your behalf here. I have no idea why you feel the need to dig at me, but you''re really making yourself look a bit pathetic.

If you think I''m sitting here crying into my coffee because of what you are typing to me then I''m afraid you''re wrong.
[/quote]

Carry on cringin'' Giro Playboy....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="city till i die"]done a bit of digging, cowling sent an email to someone at the club, with words associated to nazi''s in the email, and someone at Norwich has leaked it to archant.[/quote]IF that is what has happened (the leaking by the club bit) then it''s going to look very clever for about five minutes.[/quote]

That isn''t what happened PC.

[/quote]Thanks, Pete. I''m relieved to hear the club wasn''t quite that stupid.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user=" CT "][quote user="morty"][quote user="city till i die"]well a lot of good you are lol[/quote]Sorry, don''t want to potentially get the guy in trouble.[/quote]So why mention anything in the first place?[/quote]To prompt you to go buy the paper. If I tell you what its about you won''t bother.And frankly, lol at you of all people telling me off for this.[/quote]So you''re just another representative of Archant trying to sell newspapers?Typical...  and why ''me of all people''? Yes I''ve made up some crappy rumours in my time but I''ve never tried to sell newspapers for Archant :s[/quote]Which is a shame, because I think you''d be very good at it.

Id love to work for Archant, writing about City every day!! The closest I got was my dissertation and getting some cool research at Carrow Road!

So, whens the Evening News out?? Sounds like a scandal on the cards...

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Agreed on this Purple. Nudist colony aside I think you make valid points. I''m still not convinced that the intention of the "each party can appeal" actually means Howling could appeal the sentence , as I''m sure it would apply only to a decision for and against. He has won the case so hard to see what he can appeal against?

I''ll go back to punching him in the face (which I found very therapeutic by the way)[/quote]---Well, GPB, given a choice between cycling past a nudist colony[ip] and punching someone in cyberspace[:@] I think on balance I''ll stick to the cycling...[8-|]

Slightly more seriously, just to finish off, I do think this episode backs up

my view that Bowkett and McNally have been trying so hard to get away from

"little

old Norwich" and act hard that it ended up being counterproductively

costly. As an example, this is what Bowkett said at the February agm, when he made great play

about how

"we will not be a soft touch".

"We made a lawful approach to Colchester United to ask permission to talk

to Paul. The compensation required by Robbie Cowling in my view bordered on the

ridiculous. This club is not a pushover and never will be while I am chairman. We have had meetings to try and settle it, we have tried to negotiate, we have

offered mediation and to be perfectly blunt I think the only way to solve this is by going to a tribunal. We have made an over-generous offer to settle

Colchester United''s claim. My view is that even the majority of Colchester United''s directors want to settle, but one individual needs to come to the

table

to negotiate."

Now I didn''t blindly accept Cowling''s figures for what he claimed and what we

offered, although I did think it highly significant that the club made no

mention at all of exactly what we’d offered, and then McNally had the chance to

deny Cowling’s figures and didn''t. Silence in this instance speaks volumes.

So yesterday I checked with Colchester. The reply I got back from Cowling

was that everything he had told the press, including those figures, was

"100 per cent accurate".

Now assuming that''s true (or even if you''re still a bit sceptical and so

mainly go by the tribunal decision) pretty much all Bowkett said at the agm was

either nonsense or highly questionable spin. A great piece of rabble-rousing

but leaving a lot to be desired as an accurate assessment of what had happened

and was likely to happen. Cowling’s claim was plainly nowhere near ridiculous

and our final, final, final offer looks a long way from

"over-generous". And where was Bowkett''s evidence for some

kind of boardroom split at Colchester? Totally absent.

Added to which Bowkett says we made a lawful approach over Lambert. Now that

may have been strictly true, but was potentially misleading, because it must

have given some shareholders the impression we were legally safe over the

affair AS A WHOLE. In fact we had broken a rule. And we got fined for it. And

this, bear in mind, is the chairman of a plc officially giving what is supposed

to be reliable information to shareholders (such as myself) on matters where there might be adverse financial implications, by way

of compensation, legal fees and fines.

Cowling may be a useful hate figure but his outspokenness shouldn’t hide the

fact that we mishandled this issue at a cost to our bank balance, our scope for

future action and our reputation. Not just my judgment. McNally''s too. "Maybe some lessons have been learned and we will attempt to ensure that they

are noted for the future" is managementspeak for "We screwed

up."

Now, where are those bicycle clips?

I really hope we draw Col Who in the cup this season. Obviously they will have to battle trhough the lesser teams to reach us this year. A certain someone is due a lot of abuse from us and I for one can not wait to dish it out with aplomb! Cowdung really has it coming for him and fair play to City who now clearly have washed thier hands of the donkey formally. Holt''s fifth last season on their potato field made me believe in the power of Lambert well and truely!

Bring it on!!

Would love them in the third round of the FA Cup at home so the whole crowd can hurl abuse at Cowling and we can have a nice easy win to get to round 4!

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Dearie me, and you say WE''RE obsessed....[/quote]

I agree. Now that we''re not getting stuffed week in week out they cant have a go at Delia anymore

Col U were 100% in the right, they just went about it too noisily

I am sick and tired of this whole Robbie Cowling thing and the latest episode is the last straw.

Surely, it is time to move on?

I have absolutely nothing against Colchester supporters. We did the bigger Club thing to them over PL, it worked for us on the pitch, cost us more financially than we wanted to pay but has tarnished our reputation. Self-interest has paid off but that is not Norwich City.

Unfortunately, the earthy response of Robbie Cowling has made it easy to deride CUFC through him. Yes, they have a small support and a problem pitch, but that game at their place was atmospheric and fantastic in a way I have not seen since the 1970''s.

In League One we saw so many true football fans who genuinely love their Club with little expectation of success. In a fundamental way, this is the unrequited (usually) way we all love Norwich. I am sure this is certainly true of ColU fans who turn away from Ipswich, Sky funded or London Clubs.

So, irrespective of Mr. Cowling. Irrespective of any ongoing top level spats or animosities. Irrespective of people who like to send insulting emails then protest when they get one back thus stoking up further inter-club antipathy I am happy to stick my neck on the block and say....

Colchester United fans: I hope that as supporters of two fine Clubs we can extend the hand of friendship and goodwill, put last season''s issues behind us and get back to our former relationship. I wish Colchester United Football Club all the best for the coming season and safe travels for their supporters.

try putting this on colchester forums, there will be more colchester fans there funnily enough.

Lineo,

I am more interested in finding out what Norwich supporters really think about their Colchester counterparts irrespective of everything else.

Wouldn''t it be something if the supporters were bigger than all the other tripe?

I feel sorry for ColWHO having that idiot in charge of them!

I always used to look out for their results but my respect for their fans dropped after seeing them acting like idiots when they came to Norwich for a Tuesday night game after they 1st got into the championship!

Though being an out and out fan, I respect their well behaved loyal fans who follow them rather than their blue s cum neighbours up the A12 or London clubs the other way!

Following on from the successes of this post we are proud to present

"England Germany Solidarity Thread"

As after all it was just a minor misunderstanding . Followed shortly after by

"Norwich Ipswich Solidarity Thread" just because thats old hat now