Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Cowling - He's still not happy

Not sure if this has been posted: http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~2063154,00.html"Having read the statement on the Norwich web site, it is my opinion

that Norwich City are currently abusing the confidentiality of the

findings to maintain a version of events that is far removed from the

true events. However, rather than give you my version, about which

Norwich City would undoubtedly make similar claims, I invite Alan

Bowkett to join me in requesting from the FDC a full public disclosure

of the their findings." That way both sets of fans can read an

impartial version of the true events and decide for themselves who has

or hasn''t acted in the appropriate manner."

I have just read the article on our website again and I''m really not seeing what he''s getting at.Basically, as far as I understand it, we have just reiterated that we tried to agree a suitable compensation fee and couldn''t, and it also comments on the way that Cowling has conducted himself in the press. I really can''t see what confidentiality we have breached.

[quote user="morty"]I have just read the article on our website again and I''m really not seeing what he''s getting at.

Basically, as far as I understand it, we have just reiterated that we tried to agree a suitable compensation fee and couldn''t, and it also comments on the way that Cowling has conducted himself in the press.

I really can''t see what confidentiality we have breached.

[/quote]

Agreed. However, as I''ve posted elsewhere, the guy was made to look naive over Lambert''s departure and then made a huge deal over Boothroyd being "better" only to wave him goodbye with a palpable sense of relief at the end of the season before appointing a virtual nobody from within. While he''s making a song and dance about City he''s diverting attention from his own mistakes, but he''s in real danger of making his club a laughing stock, which the supporters don''t deserve.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I have just read the article on our website again and I''m really not seeing what he''s getting at.Basically, as far as I understand it, we have just reiterated that we tried to agree a suitable compensation fee and couldn''t, and it also comments on the way that Cowling has conducted himself in the press. I really can''t see what confidentiality we have breached.

[/quote]

Agreed. However, as I''ve posted elsewhere, the guy was made to look naive over Lambert''s departure and then made a huge deal over Boothroyd being "better" only to wave him goodbye with a palpable sense of relief at the end of the season before appointing a virtual nobody from within. While he''s making a song and dance about City he''s diverting attention from his own mistakes, but he''s in real danger of making his club a laughing stock, which the supporters don''t deserve.

[/quote]It seems to be petty revenge thats driving him now, he''s actually already won the case, and got his compensation, I''m assuming that he is still peeved about us not being docked points.We held our hands up to the breach, I''m not sure what disclosing the report will actually accomplish.I think he really needs to move on now.

Cowling won''t just "go away" - he is an attention whore. It doesn''t matter what he is doing or saying, as long as he think someone is paying attention... someone''s mum has got a lot to answer for!

The law of sod states that we are certain to draw Col Who in one of the cup competitions this year- that''ll be a good atmosphere!!!

for the love of god Cowling Get a bloody life man!!!!!!! he will still be whingeing about it on his death bed!

He is a sad, bitter little man - love the fact that Bowkett and McNally have still managed to wind him up.

Who gives a sh*t about Col U. Lets treat Cowling with the contempt he deserves and move on to bigger and better things!

I look forward to all your grown up and reasonable responses when some bigger club poaches Lambert from us. If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel? I expect you would all say that it is quite reasonable for him to leave to go to a bigger club.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I look forward to all your grown up and reasonable responses when some bigger club poaches Lambert from us. If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel? I expect you would all say that it is quite reasonable for him to leave to go to a bigger club.
[/quote]Its the natual wayof the football world, but he''ll go with my thanks and gratitude.

[quote user="morty"]I have just read the article on our website again and I''m really not seeing what he''s getting at.Basically, as far as I understand it, we have just reiterated that we tried to agree a suitable compensation fee and couldn''t, and it also comments on the way that Cowling has conducted himself in the press. I really can''t see what confidentiality we have breached.

[/quote]---Without knowing what the confidentiality clause stated it''s impossible

to know whether our club''s official statement breaches it. But it looks

as if it''s at least straining the spirit of any such clause, and is

certainly spinning away like mad. Particularly this bit:

“Norwich City made numerous

offers of settlement to Colchester, but all offers were rejected. We

felt that

Colchester failed to engage in the process of negotiation and

continually

''moved the goalposts'' in terms of what they were seeking and why, and

the

decision of the FDC has reflected that.”

Which is an odd thing to say. Cowling says he asked for £400,000,

which hasn''t been challenged or denied by our club. Assuming that

figure is true, the tribunal awarded Colchester £25,0000 ABOVE Cowling''s

top of the range negotiating claim. Which he probably expected to have

to negotiate down.

Instead he got more. Yet the club has tried to paint that as reflecting

some supposed unhappiness by the tribunal with Colchester. A very

strange way to demonstrate unhappiness.

Under the old regime the club tended to err on the side of as little

comment as possible or comments that were overly legalistic in nature.

Probably a result of Doncaster''s background as a lawyer. The crass £56m

statement was a prime example of the latter.

The new regime seems to have adopted an earthier approach, but one that

has risks. The above statement on Cowlinggate looks like someone who''s

lost the argument still trying to have the last word. And McNally''s

comments today on Gunn''s supposed lack of ambition seem totally

unnecessary.

Cowling said that he asked for £400,000 for Lambert.

The Tribunal claim was for compensation for Lambert plus Culverhouse plus Karsa plus the fact that we took them all at the same time which made it more inconvenient plus a points deduction.

The Tribunal figure was more than we offered.  And less than Cowling asked for.  No big surprise there.

And Cowling didn''t get the points deduction.

I suggest it might be time for all concerned to move on.

"If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel?"

Unlike every single person else (seemingly) I never slag off an ex-players/managers because they leave (for example Earnie, Ashton... I still happily wear my "Green" goalkeeper shirt with pride and still support him as a player) - I realise that players and managers want to progress, it''s only natural. I only slag them off when they were crap (i.e. Croft, Hughes etc) and especially when they leave on a free to our rivals... ;)

I''ve had it in the back of my mind, since Lambert started working wonders, that we''d be lucky to hang on to him. I hope *we* progress as fast as his career, and I''m convinced he''ll go all the way, with us or without us. I just hope it''s with us!

So, no - I won''t resent Lambert if and when he leaves.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Not sure if this has been posted: http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~2063154,00.html"Having read the statement on the Norwich web site, it is my opinion

[/quote]

Do we really care what went it all getting bit boaring now

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Fuglestad"]I look forward to all your grown up and reasonable responses when some bigger club poaches Lambert from us. If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel? I expect you would all say that it is quite reasonable for him to leave to go to a bigger club.
[/quote]Its the natual wayof the football world, but he''ll go with my thanks and gratitude.[/quote]

Seconded.

Of course it will be annoying if/when Lambert gets poached (if he is indeed poached rather than reaching his ''sell-by date''), but that is the way things go. If someone is moving on to bigger/better things it is churlish in the extreme to stand in their way or throw your toys out about it.

"Having read the statement on the Norwich web site, it is my opinion

YAAAAAAAAAAWN    Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z  Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Robbie Cowling can kiss my swingers.[/quote]Sweaty swingers?Been kinda hot today.

How annoying is this guy? It''s gone, it''s over, get on with trying to make something out of your little club Cowling!!

We''ve moved on.

get this  quote  from  the  fool "Chairman Robbie Cowling comments; "I look forward to the

publication of the full findings of the FDC. They will demonstrate to

everyone, apart from those with heavily tinted green and yellow

glasses, that the behaviour of Norwich City was appalling and that

Colchester United did nothing but act impeccably throughout the whole

process."anyone  remember  that he would rather see empty seats  than  Norwich fans when we  played them at their place ? also that he would  throw any City fans  out  if they had tickets to the  home stand ?yes  I agree behaving impeccably for a cockney

Purple ... I have had the pleasure of begin involved with Mr Dan Chapman the solicitor on the case and must say that this very much has his stamp on it. He is first rate and I would recommend him every time. Have no fear that he has strayed across the litigious line..he knows exactly how far he can go.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I look forward to all your grown up and reasonable responses when some bigger club poaches Lambert from us. If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel? I expect you would all say that it is quite reasonable for him to leave to go to a bigger club.
[/quote]

I don''t agree with ''poach'' in that it has other conitations of tapping up etc.

Colchester United is not a big club and you can''t expect to keep hold of good prospects. Even your board identified that in that they allowed Lambert to talk to us - so up until that point everything was totally legal.

Its what happened after that is dodgy ground that perhaps we wont know the details of for some time to come.

At the end of the day I am not sure as to why its such a big a deal as it has been made out to be. All it really does is highlight the lack of rules surrounding the transfers of management and coaching team. In most cases the coaching team leaves and clubs don''t seek compensation.

Its also well known that Norwich did make several offers which were dismissed. It may be that our club is not telling the whole truth in terms of how much was offered and when.

Either way neither club can really claim to be squeeky clean and so far the only one that has owned up to any guilt is us so at least someone has the balls to admit they were wrong.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I look forward to all your grown up and reasonable responses when some bigger club poaches Lambert from us. If say West Ham for example were to poach him after two games of the coming season how would you feel? I expect you would all say that it is quite reasonable for him to leave to go to a bigger club.[/quote]

Good point! We should maintain a sense of balance; be prepared for the worst whilst hoping for the best...

Cowling - He''s still not happy

I''m not really surprised one bit, ask your self this would you be happy having to watch a team that plays in Blue and White every week?

And just when you think it couldn''t get any worse you have the onset of winter and you have to play on a swamp every home game, and not play very well at that. Coupled with your club being so pants you can''t hang onto your manager, and, most importantly having a really tiny todger.

---Graham Paddon''s Beard: Purple ... I have had the pleasure of begin involved with Mr Dan Chapman the solicitor on the case and must say that this very much has his stamp on it. He is first rate and I would recommend him every time. Have no fear that he has strayed across the litigious line..he knows exactly how far he can go.---GPB, thanks for your interesting reply. I was very careful not to say we

had actually broken the confidentiality clause (one would need to know

what it was to be certain of that either way) but I would stick by my

assertion that we at least came close to breaking the spirit of it.

But more than that the whole statement (including the comments from

Bowkett) read very much like someone who''s lost an argument (which we

undoubtedly did) still trying to have the last word. Pre-teen playground

stuff.

It was lacking in class. It was tinpot. Those things Cowling has been

accused of.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---Graham Paddon''s Beard: Purple ... I have had the pleasure of begin involved with Mr Dan Chapman the solicitor on the case and must say that this very much has his stamp on it. He is first rate and I would recommend him every time. Have no fear that he has strayed across the litigious line..he knows exactly how far he can go.---GPB, thanks for your interesting reply. I was very careful not to say we

had actually broken the confidentiality clause (one would need to know

what it was to be certain of that either way) but I would stick by my

assertion that we at least came close to breaking the spirit of it.

But more than that the whole statement (including the comments from

Bowkett) read very much like someone who''s lost an argument (which we

undoubtedly did) still trying to have the last word. Pre-teen playground

stuff.

It was lacking in class. It was tinpot. Those things Cowling has been

accused of.

[/quote]It rather looks as if the club has now had second thoughts about the wisdom of yesterday''s aggressive comments, which were bound to inflame matters. McNally has today come out with a much less macho statement that tries to draw a line under the subject and move on, which is standard stuff, but he does so by way of the following pointed admission:"Maybe some lessons have been learned and we will attempt to ensure that

they are noted for the future."

Whatever the club said, though, I think Cowling would''ve come out with much the same thing. He''s always going to have this gripe and nothing the club can do or say is likely to change that. It is time to move on, despite what Cowling may say. He should have more important things to concentrate on.