Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Fox's Role.....

Sorry if this has already been mentioned on a different thread but I could not find anyone saying the similar....

Does anyone else think that Fox has been brought in as cover/competition for Wes''s role just behind the front two in the diamond?

From all the reports on his style of play (good passer, a bit lightweight, wont put in to many tackles etc) it sounds to me as though he could slip in for Wes and allow a more defensive midfielder sit behind him in the diamond formation

Yeah, he does seem like a similar kind of player, from what I have read.Maybe we should be starting "Hoolahan on his way" rumours lol

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, he does seem like a similar kind of player, from what I have read.

Maybe we should be starting "Hoolahan on his way" rumours lol
[/quote]

Well i did hear that he had been spoted in Asda in Madrid [:P]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Completely different player, he doesn''t take people on and is more of a spreader of play, in the same way Clingan was.[/quote]

I was not aware that he did not take players on. But even so with his passing ability he could probably do a job there in Wes''s absence

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Completely different player, he doesn''t take people on and is more of a spreader of play, in the same way Clingan was.[/quote]

I was not aware that he did not take players on. But even so with his passing ability he could probably do a job there in Wes''s absence

[/quote]

The diamond system with Wes works because he can take people on and get out of tight situations before finding somebody with a pass, particularly on the break, i''m not sure Fox has the pace or trickery to get at defenders and open up space for others in the way Wes does.

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, he does seem like a similar kind of player, from what I have read.

[/quote]You just have I reckon Morty.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Yeah, he does seem like a similar kind of player, from what I have read.Maybe we should be starting "Hoolahan on his way" rumours lol[/quote]You just have I reckon Morty.[:S][/quote]No Wiz, I haven''t.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

Well i did hear that he had been spoted in Asda in Madrid [:P]

[/quote]

I wasn''t sure about "spoted" so I googled it. Spote - a latin American term referring to the female genetalia. As said elsewhere on this thread, probably will be playing in that unnamed position just behind the strikers