Sign in to follow this  
morty

Re: Keane could be set for shock Ipswich axe - Exclusive

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Ipswich-manager-Roy-Keane-could-be-replaced-by-Tony-Mowbray-or-Steve-Cotterill-article450369.html

Would be a nice hit on Keane''s massive ego if it is true which would be nice but ultimately Keane is doing such a fine job already from a Norwich fans point of view so hopefully he will continue to do so next season.

I can only assume from this, if it''s true, that Evans feels that Ipswich making enough debt to owe him.  Ipswich were starting to settle, turning draws into wins towards the tail end of last season.  A new manager, complete with new signings and Keanos Compo, should push them quite comfortably towards the 45 million mark.

[quote]that Evans feels that Ipswich making enough debt to owe him[/quote]Sorry, that Evans wants Ipswich Town to owe him more.

yes alex lol. now i''ve got the hang of it i''ll try to catch up with you in the next few years

Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit.

[quote user="bluemike"]Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit. [/quote]Lucky you''re not a bit touchy about it lol.[:)]

[quote user="bluemike"]Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit.
[/quote]

Well I for one hope it''s not true for the obvious reason [:D]

[quote user="bluemike"]Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit.
[/quote]

Once again I have to ask you the question, if your always going to get upset and touchy about a few anti-Ipswich posts on a NORWICH CITY message board, why are you here? [:^)]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[quote user="bluemike"]Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit. [/quote]

Once again I have to ask you the question, if your always going to get upset and touchy about a few anti-Ipswich posts on a NORWICH CITY message board, why are you here? [:^)]

[/quote]Because his mums at work?

"Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ?"

Are you telling me Gullivera isn''t a documentary?!

If he (Keane) gets some of the players he realistically wants, they''ll be there or thereabouts next season.

He has had to dismantle that side in the manner that Davies had to at Forest, after he followed Calderwood into that job. Painful to start with, but, bit by bit, coming good...

Suspect that Derby will start to come good next season as well. Its going to be very, very competitive.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]If he (Keane) gets some of the players he realistically wants, they''ll be there or thereabouts next season. He has had to dismantle that side in the manner that Davies had to at Forest, after he followed Calderwood into that job. Painful to start with, but, bit by bit, coming good... Suspect that Derby will start to come good next season as well. Its going to be very, very competitive.[/quote]

Nah next season will be ..QPR/LEEDS top 2 then any one of 14 clubs including us,fighting for top 6 place.I think with Lambert,we will have a slight edge and 4th to 8th for us i think..Will be the most open championship ever with no more than 10 pts between the 6th and 3rd from bottom,come the end of the season..Oh imho i should add :) ..And it will be even tighter at the begining of the season with no more than 9pts between the top and bottom club after 3 games

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]If he (Keane) gets some of the players he realistically wants, they''ll be there or thereabouts next season. He has had to dismantle that side in the manner that Davies had to at Forest, after he followed Calderwood into that job. Painful to start with, but, bit by bit, coming good... Suspect that Derby will start to come good next season as well. Its going to be very, very competitive.[/quote]Nah next season will be ..QPR/LEEDS top 2 then any one of 14 clubs including us,fighting for top 6 place.I think with Lambert,we will have a slight edge and 4th to 8th for us i think..Will be the most open championship ever with no more than 10 pts between the 6th and 3rd from bottom,come the end of the season..Oh imho i should add :) ..And it will be even tighter at the begining of the season with no more than 9pts between the top and bottom club after 3 games

[/quote]

Why Leeds top 2 next season and not us?

We haven''t lost our top scorer!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And of course, we finished nine points ahead of Leeds - so why does that automatically mean they are going to do better than us next season?[/quote]I believe their bank account is actually in credit, they have way more money at their disposal.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Can''t see Ken Bates splashing the cash too much.  Anyway it would have been the same last season and we still finished way ahead of them.
[/quote]

I just think they will get the rub of the green..I think qpr will now have a more structured side with their manager,and the rest is open..Im not saying theres going to be a wide open gap between the top 2 as in previous years and if pushed to pick 1 side who will stand out,it will be imo,qpr...But we still dont know how our new players will add to our squad or factor in a new signings..so by augest i may have changed my mind and it maybe qpr and us :)

Doubt theres any truth in the Keane story as its being reported they have now upped their Chopra bid to over £4million .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Doubt theres any truth in the Keane story as its being reported they have now upped their Chopra bid to over £4million .[/quote]Let''s not knock Norwich today, let''s big-up Piswich instead! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ncfc"]Doubt theres any truth in the Keane story as its being reported they have now upped their Chopra bid to over £4million .[/quote]Let''s not knock Norwich today, let''s big-up Piswich instead! [^o)][/quote]Well that is ambition to reach the Premiership and all funded by that big bad Mr Evans , if only Norwich could afford a decent Championship player but the truth is sadly they cannot and thats why we are signing rubbish .

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[quote user="bluemike"]Do all you goons believe everything you read in these comics ? Yeah I guess you do, you need to grow up a bit. [/quote]

[/quote]Im far from upset, its quite amusing really, nearly as funny as the amount of Ipswich  and Keane related threads/posts that appear on here, I know you have always been in awe of our history etc and our dominance over you in the derby games but it is getting quite a fixation now.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ncfc"]Doubt theres any truth in the Keane story as its being reported they have now upped their Chopra bid to over £4million .[/quote]Let''s not knock Norwich today, let''s big-up Piswich instead! [^o)][/quote]
Well that is ambition to reach the Premiership and all funded by that big bad Mr Evans , if only Norwich could afford a decent Championship player but the truth is sadly they cannot and thats why we are signing rubbish .[/quote]Is that the same ambition that took them from sixth in the Championship when Evans took over, to bumping along the bottom two years later?

Manager has been more than backed with cash and i would expect them to be around the top this season . Four million plus for Chopra is whatever way you look at it impessive (more than City would fork out on a striker when they went up to the Prem) ans signals an intent to go up .

Afraid buying run of the mill players from Brighton and Col U says only one thing to me relegation unless we get in a few decent ones before the season starts but we have no money thats more than plain to see.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[/quote]Im far from upset, its quite amusing really, nearly as funny as the amount of Ipswich  and Keane related threads/posts that appear on here, I know you have always been in awe of our history etc and our dominance over you in the derby games but it is getting quite a fixation now. [/quote]You don''t think your continued presence on a Norwich forum reflects a similar fixation on your part? [*-)]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Manager has been more than backed with cash and i would expect them to be around the top this season . Four million plus for Chopra is whatever way you look at it impessive (more than City would fork out on a striker when they went up to the Prem) ans signals an intent to go up . Afraid buying run of the mill players from Brighton and Col U says only one thing to me relegation unless we get in a few decent ones before the season starts but we have no money thats more than plain to see.[/quote]

Run of the mill lol....brighton plaler of the year..If lambert thinks he can step up,i would rather take his opinion that of any poster on here let alone someone who posts crp!

Run of the mill.....Col u playmaker at carrow road,and only dropped when the new managers tactics bypassed him..Ex manager of him who now has been promoted to prem,regrets getting rid of him and lambert thinks he can do a playmaking job for us..I would rather take both their opinion of him than a ...

Smith...already played in champions league and was their young player of the season in 2006,AND was offered an improved contract last summer and again in jan!

Ward...was a mill pound player in 2006,but in this one im not so sure as Askou and Zak for me could be a solid unit..But again i trust lambert...

And how many times have teams splased out millions,and the player fails? .

And when a team is known to spends millions on a player,they are usually held to ransom when buying.so it dont mean the player is worth x amount,it just means the amount bid is to ward off another potential buyer also interested or because they have to break the players contract at the club...