Sign in to follow this  
TheNewBoy

Great Signings So Far....

[quote user="Quentin"]The only player we have signed so far that I''ve heard of is Elliot Ward. Not a good sign.[/quote]

I think that says more about you than anything else.

[quote user="freddyf105"]Saw him play at Brighton in our game against them. I reckon he could actually provide cver for Hoolahan, he wa a very attacking player and seemed to make a few nice little runs with the ball so I''m looking forward to watching him for us.[/quote]

I was speaking to a Peterbrough fan yesterday and he says that Crofts was on loan there.  He said he sits in front of the back four and breaks up the play well and is fairly tidy on the ball.

Sounds more like Russel''s replacement.

Agreed, Crofts is the man who''ll be putting himself about, breaking up play. Fox, Hooze & Wes will be the more creative midfielders

smith played the champions league ,

not every decent players has to be p[laying premiership football to be any good .

the is no reason why the players we have and have brought in cant step up to the plate .

all our players have a decent pedigree .

Whilst i agree that the signings look quite promising I would have thought it might be wiser to see them actually kick a ball before giving them marks out of ten?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst i agree that the signings look quite promising I would have thought it might be wiser to see them actually kick a ball before giving them marks out of ten?[/quote]A revolutionary idea, lost on numerous Norwich fans.

Living up here in Scotland I have been asking a few Rangers regulars about Steven Smith, most don''t seem too worried to lose him. The general comments seen to be that he is a useful left sided midfielder but at left back he has been a lialility to them. Too lightweight and clumsy, and has been at fault for  a few goals when he has played for them. Don''t lambast me, this is just the info I''ve recieved.[:)]

[quote user="Quentin"]The only player we have signed so far that I''ve heard of is Elliot Ward. Not a good sign.
[/quote]

Oh dear! So the success of our signings is dependent on whether or not you have heard of them. I think probably not.

Great thread this one. Analysis has many good points but ultimately it is impossible to judge whether a signing will be good because much depends on how they settle in and whether they can force their way into a manger''s system. I genuinely thought Simon Whaley would be a class signing for us last summer but he seemed like he wanted to be back in  Manchester and his temprament was suspect.