Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

A very simple poll....

not really a fair comparison is it now?Promotion to the Premier League? Big deal...... we get some money, get beaten every week then go into freefall again upon our relegation.Promotion to the premier league is nothing compared to England winning the world cup.City WINNING the premier league i would prefer to England winning the world cup.  However since winning a world cup is the pinnacle of international football  and our promotion in the grand scheme of things means nothing, it has to be a 1 from me.If as i suggested it was City winning the premier league / champions league/ hell even the FA cup then City every time.

Is modern football really so ridiculous that we''d celebrate City just getting into the country''s top league over us (england) winning the world cup?!?!?!?!Club over country for me but the set up of this post is all wrong.

England

I have experienced some massive highs with Norwich, Cup Final win, promotion, Munich and more. But with England it feels like pain, pain and pain .... disallowed goals, penalty shoot outs, red cards ... it really does feel like 44 years of hurt.

Tournament football allows momentum to build. Euro 96 was unbelievable, I went to every game, national ferver that is whipped up adds to the occasion. That is difficult to replicate at club level, I am a canary exile so the media coverage would be scarce by comparison and typically promotion (unless by play offs) is a realisation of a seasons hard work, the tension and euphoria is not the same - at worse you can have another crack next season.

Premier League / Champions League may yield a different answer, but not sure.

I could have told you prior to making this thread that around 90% of the people voting would have voted for club, it''s pretty obvious.Personally I find this old debate of Club vs Country pointless and slightly irritating, it''s not like you would even have to choose between the success of England and Norwich because one plays on a domestic level, the other international, so why can''t you support both equally? It''s like asking a parent which one of his 2 sons would he most want to see go on and be successful in life, it''s a choice you don''t need to make IMO, and why does supporting Club and Country equally mean you are less of a fan in the eyes of some?

city going back to the promised land .

the end of the day ,i have never experienced England winning the world cup in my lifetime .

i think city going up is more realistic ..!!!

1, Definitely England.A season of not getting thrashed whilst trying to finish 4th from bottom of the world''s most overpaid and overrated league doesn''t inspire me at all. To have to watch more Sky Sports *spit*, the glory hunters reappearing (mainly to watch Manyoo and Chelsea), the moronic fans of clubs who know nothing about us or our history, a totally non-competitive league where the top 4 clubs are streets ahead of any of the others, and the only way we could compete is by mortgaging our future and risking everything or consolidating knowing that we''ll be relegatedORa summer of joy, painted faces, scarves out of windows, football barbecues, even reaching the final would mean more to me than getting promoted to the premier league, and something our team hasn''t done for more than 40 years.

England for me. But if it was the FA cup or winning the Prem title it would be a different story.

Davo

I''ve always put club before countrey, and for that reason I''ll take England to win the WC.

The Premiership in its current guise is not where we belong, it would be a disaster.

1 every time

I''d watch Norwich in any division, England winning a world cup is a once in a lifetime thing, imagine the celebrations!

[="|BA"]I''ve always put club before countrey, and for that reason I''ll take England to win the WC. The Premiership in its current guise is not where we belong, it would be a disaster.[/]

clever way to look at it [;)]

So from what I can work out it''s:

27 for Norwich to be promoted

13 for England to win the World Cup

There were a couple of posts which didn''t really state an opinion which I just didn''t bother trying to break down...

norwich to go up would clear our debts with the new payments so it would logically be that option. England to win the world cup only if greeno was the #1

[quote user="The Black Panther"]

[quote user="jed exodous"]1 for me, would give the country a massive much needed boost. We all thought our debts would be wiped out last time we won promotion and they weren''t. While i''d take promotion this season, we''re no where near ready for it. Think some people on this board will get a reality check when the season gets underway. We wont get promoted, but we''ll be safe.[/quote]

Seconded. Norwich can get promoted another time and the World Cup is only ever 4 years and the last time we won it was 44 years ago and the last time Norwich were in the Prem was 5 years ago. Being in the Prem doesn''t always mean our debts will be wiped out either, just look at Portsmouth and Hull for example where the clubs have over spent and now are in bust.

[/quote]

Get a grip. Norwich over England, not only to win promotion but even just to secure a place in the play-offs.

To the 12th devine

Get a grip, are you Scottish or Welsh? You seriously would rather your club just secure a play off place than your country win the world cup? What a sad little world you must live in if you cant broaden your horizons past Norwich.

Perhaps the England team is full of primadonnas, liars, cheats etc etc but i am still more proud to say i''m English than i am to say i''m from Norwich.

Can we all just refresh our memories from what happened last time we were in the prem, no away wins, humiliation from our drunken majority shareholder, humiliation on the last day of the season as we failed to turn up, 3 seasons of mediocrity with 3 terrible managers and 40 pointless loan signings and then relegation. Seriously is promotion the be all and end all? We are not ready for promotion as Derby weren''t 3 years ago, Burnley weren''t and Blackpool aren''t. And lets dispel the myth that our debts would be clear, one thing for sure, they most certinately wont be, look at Portsmouth and Hull.

1 - England to win the World Cup. Don''t be so stupid. Norwich will eventually get promoted in your lifetime. Can you be sure England will ever win the world cup?