Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

A very simple poll....

A Choice between England winning the world cup or Norwich being promoted to the Premiership this coming season.No conjecture, no debate, let''s run it for there days (until the 06/06/10) and I will add up the results.Simpy post 1) for England winning the world Cup or 2) Norwich being promoted this season.

2 for me, my uni flat have had this argument regularly in the last week, its 9 v 1 in englands favour!

It''s a hard one. I''m younger and so England have years to win the World Cup. I''ll go with 2 aswell. [:)]I''m at a stage of my life where my biggest love is the beautiful game. Norwich mean so much more to me than England, probably about 3 times more, and so that''s why. [Y]

Oh, and us being promoted to the Prem would involve at least a years joy afterwards.

[quote user="MoCamara"]2 for me, my uni flat have had this argument regularly in the last week, its 9 v 1 in englands favour![/quote]Surely none of them are die hard supporters of their clubs then?

no real club supporters would ever say England - simply because only real fans have a true love for thier club

the only people that would say England are glory hunters who are used to seeing their club win trophies

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="MoCamara"]2 for me, my uni flat have had this argument regularly in the last week, its 9 v 1 in englands favour![/quote]Surely none of them are die hard supporters of their clubs then?[/quote]

That''s what I said (one of them is even a Norwich fan) but they all said this could be the only time we win it in our lifetime etc. Though I now have somewhat of an anti-england reputation!

2- would wipe our debts and stadium expansion

(england will win he world cup next time it''s held in the uk [;)])

[quote user="freddyf105"]

2- would wipe our debts and stadium expansion

(england will win he world cup next time it''s held in the uk [;)])

[/quote]

well... not really stadium!

1 for me, would give the country a massive much needed boost.

We all thought our debts would be wiped out last time we won promotion and they weren''t. While i''d take promotion this season, we''re no where near ready for it. Think some people on this board will get a reality check when the season gets underway. We wont get promoted, but we''ll be safe.

[quote user="jed exodous"]1 for me, would give the country a massive much needed boost. We all thought our debts would be wiped out last time we won promotion and they weren''t. While i''d take promotion this season, we''re no where near ready for it. Think some people on this board will get a reality check when the season gets underway. We wont get promoted, but we''ll be safe.[/quote] no-ones saying that we''re gonna get promoted; only that we''d prefer that over England winning the world cup

[quote user="jed exodous"]1 for me, would give the country a massive much needed boost. We all thought our debts would be wiped out last time we won promotion and they weren''t. While i''d take promotion this season, we''re no where near ready for it. Think some people on this board will get a reality check when the season gets underway. We wont get promoted, but we''ll be safe.[/quote]

Seconded. Norwich can get promoted another time and the World Cup is only ever 4 years and the last time we won it was 44 years ago and the last time Norwich were in the Prem was 5 years ago. Being in the Prem doesn''t always mean our debts will be wiped out either, just look at Portsmouth and Hull for example where the clubs have over spent and now are in bust.

No, but while there is room for some optomism, some people seem to be getting a bit carried away. Also looks like a lot of sheep on this thread. While i want Norwich to do well, i would rather my country were world champions.

3!!! ;)

oh... ok... 2 it is (Of course!).. England team doesnt deserve to win the world cup, we''ve got some world class players, but not a team. As great as it would be to lift the trophy i still dont think i would like to see Terry and Lampard loving it up together like a couple of gay boys.

1 we may have to wait another 50years for us to do the business on the world stage, statisticly norwich will play in the prem a lot more than we will be at WC finals, and dont say im not a die hard supporter i am a die hard englishman aswell.

Its a tough one in my opinion. As people say promotion would most probably sort us out for years to come although I really would love it if England win the world cup. Would be great to see a whole nation celebrating and would also be probably one of the biggest excuses we could ever for a piss up lol

I have to say England winning. I love Norwich more, but England winning is for 4 years. Norwich have been in the Prem a lot since I became a fan, and I am sure they will be there a lot more in my life time.

From a selfish point of view, I can use it to tease my students who support other national teams. Of course, I can do the same if the US wins since almost every one of my students who cares about football is not cheering for the US either!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="MoCamara"]2 for me, my uni flat have had this argument regularly in the last week, its 9 v 1 in englands favour![/quote]Surely none of them are die hard supporters of their clubs then?[/quote]Or you could argue that they''ve seen their team in the prem before.but winning a world cup is probly a once in a lifetime thing.I would just pick the world cup,but its a tough call.Settle for going up the year after with a more settled team :)