Sign in to follow this  
Archie

birmingham

to those of you who know birmingham well, could anyone recommend a good place to park so that it is possible to get away quickly afterwards down the M5 i think

I''m not sure about parking, although Small Heath and Bordesley have lots of side streets to park in (maybe not recommended). In terms of a getaway you''ll be stuck...the A45 out to the NEC is the shortest route to a motorway. I would try and get to Bristol Rd, either down Pershore and across or just all the way down. Traffic isn''t usually too bad around 5.00 where I am (Selly Oak). From St Andrews, get onto the A34, then at a roundabout go onto the A41 (these are both called something Middleway I think). You will reach Pershore Rd first at a roundabout. If you want to go down Bristol Rd, go under the roundabout until you reach a crossroads. Opposite to the left should be a McDonalds; turn left at this junction and go all the way down...

If you leave much after 5.15, you will get stuck as I often experience coming back from my Univ. hockey matches.

[quote]to those of you who know birmingham well, could anyone recommend a good place to park so that it is possible to get away quickly afterwards down the M5 i think[/quote]

be careful archie, not a friendly place to go..........

last time we went we parked in the same road the ground is on, up a side street - it wasn''t too far to run, and we had to!!!  please hide your colours and don''t celebrate our win too much until you reach the safety of the M5!!  not quite as bad a place as molineux, but not one for a family outing let''s say

best of luck

Careful gazza - don''t slag off my second city too much! I have to agree though - the area around the ground is quite dodgy as well as most of the centre at night...but not to worry. You can show your colours when you get onto the Bristol Rd Archie....Edgbaston is one of the better parts of Birmingham. I wear my shirt quite a lot, even in the city centre and I haven''t been attacked/abused or even had banter thrown my way.

People''s perception of Birmingham does tend to be quite negative I find. It was certainly very grotty when I came into this world nearly 20 years ago, but the city has really cleaned up its image. It just gets spoiled by the occasional shooting outside a nightclub - last week''s was an exception as the others are usually in the north near Aston!!!