Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

N Power Championship

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]What sponsors would go hand in hand with football?[/quote]

I''ve been thinking about appropriate sponsorship for football and the best I can come up with is:

The Marks and Spencer bra Cup.

or the League against Cruel Sports League.

or The Trophy Bitter Trophy. 

or The Panzer Division Division.

I''ll get my coat.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Got our entire honours list on my member (only the worthwhile ones though), i''m well endowed, but not THAT well endowed.[/quote]

well then bates in, can you infrom me what date you won the eurpean cup and were truely champions of europe.

Oh yeah thats never happend.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]you must be joking about the stars...

If you ever won anything worthwhile, you wouldn''t inflate the value of the meaningless.[/quote]

We may not have won much "worthwhile" but at least we''ve got a couple of league trophies to our name in recent years. When was the last time your mob won anything Master Bates? 92? And wasnt it 72 or 73 before that? I dont think 1 trophy every 20 years is much to crow about

As for tattooing things on your member, I know that Yorkshire lads THINK that having 3 inches makes them well endowed, but doesnt. Not really....

But Penguin..... Leeds WERE Champions of Europe. They won the Intercity Fairs Cup (a forerunner of the Europa League/UEFA Cup) in the 1960s......

[quote user="Barclay hero"]But Penguin..... Leeds WERE Champions of Europe. They won the Intercity Fairs Cup (a forerunner of the Europa League/UEFA Cup) in the 1960s......[/quote]

yes they did win the inter city fairs cup, however this was nothing like the european cup or uefa cup, qualification was through trade fairs and nothing to do with league placings. So it can easily be argued that the inter city fairs cup was not a true reflection of the best team in europe, for example you couldnt have two teams enter from the same city. So a lot of good teams missed out. Interestingly the final time leeds won was the final year they had these rules and entry was then gained through league finishes and guess what, leeds never won it again. It is an acheivement that outshines any of ours and ill admit that but they were never champions of europe more like champions of a gentlemans club that involved teams from across Europe.

PS you would of been champions if only you could brush aside Bayern, somthing we all know a lot about thanks to Gossy and the lads.

Honour Year(s)

Second tier Champions 1971–72, 1985–86, 2003–04

Third tier Champions 1933–34, 2009–10

Third tier Runners Up 1959–60

League Cup Winners 1962, 1985

League Cup Runners Up 1973, 1975

Domestic competition

League titles

First Division

Winners (3) 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92

Second Division

Winners (3) 1923–24, 1963–64, 1989–90

Cups

FA Cup

Winners (1) 1972

League Cup

Winners (1) 1968

FA Charity Shield

Winners (2) 1969, 1992

European competition

Inter-Cities Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup

Winners (3) 1968, 1971, 1973

European Cup/Champions League (1) 1975

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Honour Year(s) Second tier Champions 1971–72, 1985–86, 2003–04 Third tier Champions 1933–34, 2009–10 Third tier Runners Up 1959–60 League Cup Winners 1962, 1985 League Cup Runners Up 1973, 1975[/quote]

Very ironic that you seem to think that people on here have an obsession with your poxy little club isn''t it [:)]

All I know about you lot really is that you''re the club that Man Utd laugh about who claim to have won the European cup in fantasy land [:D][:D]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Domestic competition League titles First Division Winners (3) 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92 Second Division Winners (3) 1923–24, 1963–64, 1989–90 Cups FA Cup Winners (1) 1972 League Cup Winners (1) 1968 FA Charity Shield Winners (2) 1969, 1992 European competition Inter-Cities Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup Winners (3) 1968, 1971, 1973 European Cup/Champions League (1) 1975[/quote]

Very good Grandad; some people over the age of 50 or 60 on here might even remember some of that [:)] Any colour film of your victory parades? [:D]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Domestic competition League titles First Division Winners (3) 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92 Second Division Winners (3) 1923–24, 1963–64, 1989–90 Cups FA Cup Winners (1) 1972 League Cup Winners (1) 1968 FA Charity Shield Winners (2) 1969, 1992 European competition Inter-Cities Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup Winners (3) 1968, 1971, 1973 European Cup/Champions League (1) 1975[/quote]

Apart from the fact you missed out we were 3rd in prem...Thats the year you couldnt pass back to the keeper anymore to pick up and had to play footy for the 90 mins instead of dragging a 1.0 win out by constantlly back passing..You forgot to mention,Attempting to bribe wolves players to win title,constantly barracking the ref to get decisions you way and the bribes that didnt come to light as some players were not as honest as wolves players..Due to my ol man and bro having a collection of almost every shoot mag since its start in 69,and being passed onto me as they know i like to read up on the history of footy,Augest 74...A poll of professional players asked anonymously,which team they felt got more decisions favoured to them by the official,87% 87!!!!% said leeds utd..So bremner in his column said this has hurt our club and the boss has said we ill be fined from now on for arguing..Never won a title again until the last year of football division one 92,and again in shoots review of the year,though it praised leeds utds achievement coming up then taking title,it went onto say you also topped the committed fouls league and the style was very much in the watford/wimbledon mould with a touch of french flavour...SO DIRTY LEEDS AGAIN..This was the year before we almost won the 1st prem title,throwing away an 8 pt gap..But at least the pundits gave us pludits for our open style football and said it suited the new open football since the backpass was abolished...So if you are a yorkshire born fan,good on ya for supporting your local team,albeit a DIRTY SCUMMY one..If you are a Gloryhunting(thinking you are big enough to still make the prem,and win it one day)TRAITOR..then you are welcom to your SCUMMY CHEATING DIRTY TEAM

Why are we second tier winners and you are Second Division Champions? At least we know what it is like to win some silverware in this millenium.

correct me but didnt you lose the 75 final to bayern meaning that you didnt win it? And were never champions of Europe? Just a trafe fair cup?

WRONG!!! You were BEATEN finalists.....

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

WRONG!!! You were BEATEN finalists.....

[/quote]

exactly what i have been saying! they have never been champions of EUROPE!

The funniest thing is that you actually regard 2nd or 3rd tier achievements as silverware.

Only a Bates Lover would deny our trophies/honours.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]The funniest thing is that you actually regard 2nd or 3rd tier achievements as silverware.

Only a Bates Lover would deny our trophies/honours.[/quote]Sorry, what have you actually won in the last 18 years?

[quote user="batesout MOT"]The funniest thing is that you actually regard 2nd or 3rd tier achievements as silverware. Only a Bates Lover would deny our trophies/honours.[/quote]

And you regard losing in a final  as a win - jog on, you really have made youself look stupid here [:)] And yes, I do love Bates - long may his reign persist [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]The funniest thing is that you actually regard 2nd or 3rd tier achievements as silverware. Only a Bates Lover would deny our trophies/honours.[/quote]

Sorry, what have you actually won in the last 18 years?
[/quote]

The last time they won anything there was a lace in the ball and all the players had centre partings with Brylcreem.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]The funniest thing is that you actually regard 2nd or 3rd tier achievements as silverware. Only a Bates Lover would deny our trophies/honours.[/quote]

the funny thing is that we dont have to pretend to beat bayern we actually did!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

Apart from the fact you missed out we were 3rd in prem...Thats the year you couldnt pass back to the keeper anymore to pick up and had to play footy for the 90 mins instead of dragging a 1.0 win out by constantlly back passing..You forgot to mention,Attempting to bribe wolves players to win title,constantly barracking the ref to get decisions you way and the bribes that didnt come to light as some players were not as honest as wolves players..Due to my ol man and bro having a collection of almost every shoot mag since its start in 69,and being passed onto me as they know i like to read up on the history of footy,Augest 74...A poll of professional players asked anonymously,which team they felt got more decisions favoured to them by the official,87% 87!!!!% said leeds utd..So bremner in his column said this has hurt our club and the boss has said we ill be fined from now on for arguing..Never won a title again until the last year of football division one 92,and again in shoots review of the year,though it praised leeds utds achievement coming up then taking title,it went onto say you also topped the committed fouls league and the style was very much in the watford/wimbledon mould with a touch of french flavour...SO DIRTY LEEDS AGAIN..This was the year before we almost won the 1st prem title,throwing away an 8 pt gap..But at least the pundits gave us pludits for our open style football and said it suited the new open football since the backpass was abolished...So if you are a yorkshire born fan,good on ya for supporting your local team,albeit a DIRTY SCUMMY one..If you are a Gloryhunting(thinking you are big enough to still make the prem,and win it one day)TRAITOR..then you are welcom to your SCUMMY CHEATING DIRTY TEAM

[/quote]Ever heard of a paragraph??

[quote user="Willmeister"]Oh dear Bates In has made himself look like a right prick!! [:D]
[/quote]

and every leeds fan claiming to be European champions, thats why he wont reply to my posts about the inter city fairs cup.

No one is denying that you''ve won some major honours, though not the European cup.  Youve never won that

As for lower tier honours, you can only win the league youre in.  How many minor trophies have you won since winning the old Div 1 in 92?  Ummm....None, isnt it

At the end of the day youre running on past glories - fair enough because your current side wouldnt win a bar of soap in a raffle.  And yes, I appreciate that Norwich arent as good as they used to be, and that we havent got FA Cups etc to our name - but we got out of League 1 at the 1st attempt by winning the division - Leeds only made it at the 3rd attempt and even then tried their hardest to muck it up

Now get back down t''pit to ~~~~ your Whippet you mucky Northern Bar Steward