Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

anyone watching socceraid on tv

I think Figo and Zidane were playing within themselves tonight. But then thats understandable really. Those two didn''t stop playing that long ago and Giggs and Lehmen are both still playing. I think Butt was the one that had quit most recently.

Really proud of the lads thought, some very good footy players out there. Really impressed and it was more fun to watch than some of the normal international matches we have seen recently.

Wonder if they will be doing another vets game soon - they are quite fun too. Le Saux rocked in the last one of those I saw.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nice to see James "Smithy" Corden back on television, he doesn''t seem to get much work these days. And what a great physical specimen to be associated with British sport.

[/quote]

That is part of the joke you f**k wit.

[/quote]

I think Mr chops as joking...

[/quote]

Well, I was being sarcastic.  But I don''t think sticking a fat man with big tits in a tracksuit alongside athletes is funny.  It''s like this guy''s some kind of national hero when he''s an averagely funny halfwit whose 15 minutes of fame is way overrunning.  If that makes me a "f**k wit", I guess I can live with that.

[/quote]

Totally agree, the joke was only funny in the first place cause it was so outrageous and so well set up. I mean anybody could have been that funny when given the oppurtunity to give the england team a talk in a joking way. It''s just gettingboring now, the gags seem a bit cheap now and its a shame that he''s making so much money through this while genuinely funny comedians who actually spend days working on stand up material etc. are still unnoticed...

Was a really entertaining game. Thought Zidane looked brilliant still, I''m certain he could still do a job at a high level. Bradley Walsh was absolutely woeful when he came on lool! Kicked at air, then shot with the ball somehow going behind him, before giving the ball away with his third and final touch, equally, Austin Powers was quite poor too lol. Rest of World squad at one point seemed pretty impressive... Giggs, Figo, Zidane, Lehman, Larson... but I guess England had Nicky Butt so it was all square.

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nice to see James "Smithy" Corden back on television, he doesn''t seem to get much work these days. And what a great physical specimen to be associated with British sport.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well, I was being sarcastic.  But I don''t think sticking a fat man with big tits in a tracksuit alongside athletes is funny.  It''s like this guy''s some kind of national hero when he''s an averagely funny halfwit whose 15 minutes of fame is way overrunning.  If that makes me a "f**k wit", I guess I can live with that.[/quote]

Totally agree, the joke was only funny in the first place cause it was so outrageous and so well set up. I mean anybody could have been that funny when given the oppurtunity to give the england team a talk in a joking way. It''s just gettingboring now, the gags seem a bit cheap now and its a shame that he''s making so much money through this while genuinely funny comedians who actually spend days working on stand up material etc. are still unnoticed...

[/quote]In his defence the show Gavin and Stacey has been one of the best comedy series in recent times, his character Smithy taking most of the plaudits, I think it''s genius that he has continued with the Smithy theme during his England and Sports personality of the year gags, it''s easy to say anybody could have been that funny if given the chance to do a sketch with the England team but he had many people crying with laughter after watching it. I just don''t get why so many people seem to have it in for him? But anyway.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nice to see James "Smithy" Corden back on television, he doesn''t seem to get much work these days. And what a great physical specimen to be associated with British sport.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I was being sarcastic.  But I don''t think sticking a fat man with big tits in a tracksuit alongside athletes is funny.  It''s like this guy''s some kind of national hero when he''s an averagely funny halfwit whose 15 minutes of fame is way overrunning.  If that makes me a "f**k wit", I guess I can live with that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

In his defence the show Gavin and Stacey has been one of the best comedy series in recent times, his character Smithy taking most of the plaudits, I think it''s genius that he has continued with the Smithy theme during his England and Sports personality of the year gags, it''s easy to say anybody could have been that funny if given the chance to do a sketch with the England team but he had many people crying with laughter after watching it. I just don''t get why so many people seem to have it in for him? But anyway.
[/quote]

I love Gavin and Stacey, and I admit he is a brilliant writer, my main problem with him is that he''s sortof riding the same joke for too long. I get the whole Smithy character now, for me it was funny, but now it''s just a bit tiresome, I mean I don''t mind seeing him in Gavin and Stacey in that role but elsewhere I''d prefer to just see him be himself. The initial England sketch was very good, and a good idea, and I enjoyed it but he just keeps going back to that same sortof thing now. It''s probably just me, I prefer different stuff I guess, it just seems he''s having it pretty easy... I might watch this World Cup thing he has on and make my final judgement on him then [:)] 

While I do think that we are in the midst of James Corden overload, he wasn''t ''being'' Smithy for the Socceraid event. He himself said that he didn''t really know why he''d been asked as all he''d really done was cones, nets and carrying water bottles.I do hope that the current Corden overload doesn''t completely alienate people as I do think the guy has some talent.

He is absolutely awful. Gavin and Stacey was utter drivel and the guy himself is just an irritating one trick pony and the sooner he gets off our screens the better.

I can''t comprehend the popularity of Gavin and Stacey, it''s just moronic verbal slapstick and the jokes are SO OBVIOUS. I don''t understand how people can find it funny when the jokes can be seen from miles away.

I hate James Corden and really hope he wont be ruining tv for much longer.

I don''t hate him.  It just depresses me that he is seen as the future of British comedy.  Tony Hancock, John Cleese, Paul Merton.... James Corden.