Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Cowling's "nazi" jibe

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]To say that we would be better off without him, is to be totally ignorant of his position within the club - he owns the whole lot.

I''m glad to see that some of you recognise that nobody really comes out of this latest episode at all well.

It''s never wise when talking about people to start mentioning the Nazis and I''m glad he has apologised, but if many of us had some of things we''d broadcast to the world via football messageboards quoted in the newspapers I think we would all feel a bit chastened.

Didn''t wish to interrupt your board but the question was asked.

Good post SirRobbie.....I and others on here think the NCFC fan is a moron for crying to the papers. Cowlings apologised - will the city fan and the evening news???[/quote]You''re going too far now Arthur, Cowling apologised because what he implied was downright offensive.If you read the mail that the guy sent to him, its all rather tongue in cheek, and could have been way way more vicious. The evening news reported the story because they deemed it news worthy, so they have nothing to apologise for.Seriously, come off it, Cowling has become a figure of hate for us for a long time now, I think that most people, if they had received that mail, wouldn''t pass up the chance to make Cowling look even more stupid than he already had done himself.

coooorrrrrr i tell you one thing if i see that keith lad ill blinkin tell him. You know what ill blumin tell him and wag my ruddy finger in his face and will give him what for.

Corrrr blas you know im blinking cross.

Thas a bleedin jeerk en''at

Seriously, come off it, Cowling has become a figure of hate for us for a long time now

Thats my point though Morty, im not going to argue, I repect your opinion..but why has he become a hate figure???...because he was pissed off Norwich took his manager, a very good manager, and only offered us peanuts....now say the roles had been reversed and Burnley took Lambert when he was linked, but offered us £50,000 which is what we apprently offered......wouldnt you be hacked off???.........to hate someone who ahs been hard done by....sorry, I dont like Cowling, but I dont hate him either....he hasnt done himself any favours with comments all season.....but if our chairman reacted the same if Lambert was poached by Burnley and we were offered Peanuts....I would back my chairman...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Seriously, come off it, Cowling has become a figure of hate for us for a long time now

Thats my point though Morty, im not going to argue, I repect your opinion..but why has he become a hate figure???...because he was pissed off Norwich took his manager, a very good manager, and only offered us peanuts....now say the roles had been reversed and Burnley took Lambert when he was linked, but offered us £50,000 which is what we apprently offered......wouldnt you be hacked off???.........to hate someone who ahs been hard done by....sorry, I dont like Cowling, but I dont hate him either....he hasnt done himself any favours with comments all season.....but if our chairman reacted the same if Lambert was poached by Burnley and we were offered Peanuts....I would back my chairman...[/quote]The main issue here is how unprofessional he has been, washing his dirty laundry in public, acting like a spoiled child over our ticket allocation for the game at theirs, and making it all very personal when its nothing more than business.And he has a bum for a chin and s hit hair.

The main issue here is how unprofessional he has been, washing his dirty laundry in public, acting like a spoiled child over our ticket allocation for the game at theirs, and making it all very personal when its nothing more than business.

See what you mean Morty, and yes he has got crap hair.......the thing is we were also unprofessional about it....thats why it went to a tribunal......but I agree with most of what you say.

My main gripe in this issue, is a Norwich fan takes the piss then cries to the papers when he gets a reaction, that he was blatantly after.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]The main issue here is how unprofessional he has been, washing his dirty laundry in public, acting like a spoiled child over our ticket allocation for the game at theirs, and making it all very personal when its nothing more than business.

See what you mean Morty, and yes he has got crap hair.......the thing is we were also unprofessional about it....thats why it went to a tribunal......but I agree with most of what you say.

My main gripe in this issue, is a Norwich fan takes the piss then cries to the papers when he gets a reaction, that he was blatantly after.[/quote]Just shows how much the whole affair has got to him, as the Norwich fan couldnt really have believed RC would reply to his email, let alone the way he reacted! Can he really be blamed for going to the papers, i would have, its an incredible story, no matter how stupid and pointless.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]The main issue here is how unprofessional he has been, washing his dirty laundry in public, acting like a spoiled child over our ticket allocation for the game at theirs, and making it all very personal when its nothing more than business.

My main gripe in this issue, is a Norwich fan takes the piss then cries to the papers when he gets a reaction, that he was blatantly after.[/quote]We were sneaky and underhand, we bent the rules and paid the price. The thing is, Cowling should have known better, I bet he''s kicking himself now because he knows he was stupid to react in such a way, and he knows that if the national press decided to make an issue of this he really could look extremely foolish.I don''t think we''ll be hearing from Mr Cowling again after this.[:)]

and he knows that if the national press decided to make an issue of this he really could look extremely foolish.

I don''t think we''ll be hearing from Mr Cowling again after this.

Ive a funny feeling this may be in one or 2 nationals....maybe not the sundays, but look out for the red tops on monday.

Not sure if it''s worth noting, this guy does actually come across as a really nice guy, if it''s not to do with CUFCBut, he has proved why you should not mix business with pleasure sometimes.In affect, he''s just like a normal fan, who says things like a normal fan might to something like that when he''s had his favourite team slagged off, I''ve honestly heard worse!  the only problem is he''s in the spotlight in terms of stature, so he should of known to just read it, and either reply sensibly or just delete.I think it will affect his creditabilty but it should be layed to rest, he''s aplogised, move on..........

In affect, he''s just like a normal fan, who says things like a normal fan might to something like that when he''s had his favourite team slagged off,

Spot on. We are fans as he is, and we would react to abuse personally and of our beloved club.

Have to agree with Arthur here. While it is wrong to refer to anyone as a Nazi or Hitler, Cowling was antagonised by this supporter. And yes Cowling may have been mouthing off to any press that will listen, but in the instance he fought fire with fire. The Hitler comment aside his response was no more heavy-handed that most of us would have replied in similar circumstances.

While errant in some ways his response seems a lot better than those from the Everton Executive posted not so long back.

[quote user="Phyxius"]Have to agree with Arthur here. While it is wrong to refer to anyone as a Nazi or Hitler, Cowling was antagonised by this supporter. And yes Cowling may have been mouthing off to any press that will listen, but in the instance he fought fire with fire. The Hitler comment aside his response was no more heavy-handed that most of us would have replied in similar circumstances.

While errant in some ways his response seems a lot better than those from the Everton Executive posted not so long

back.[/quote]

Whilst it''s fair to say that Cowling was antagonised by the City fan, is it not also fair to say that Cowling antagonised the City fan with his actions throughout the season, in particular his stance on ticketing for our away fixture and his insistance that, despite the FDC''s ruling, we start next season with a points deduction? You reap what you sow.

Yes, it''s all rather childish but who knows, maybe this will make Cowling finally let it drop, and forget the talk of an appeal over our punishment?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="canarycol"]seen  the  new half time  entertainment  at  carrow road  for the  coming  season ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dF9qkXvKeo[/quote]In the words of your owner Cowling:

UP YOURS!

[/quote]

if you look at my name wizard you will see that that cowardly cowling is not my owner I am a  CITY FAN just trying to lighten the theme up a little  even the  colchester fan saw that and made fun of his  own pitch

My twopenneth for what it''s worth: Had the initial email from the City fan avoided personal insults and raised the issues at hand with any dignity, Cowling''s response would have been unjust and ridiculous. As it was I think he just responded to an immature rant with another immature rant. If I were Cowling my response would have remained deliberate and dignified and that is his mistake. The Nazi jibe was immature and misguided and exposes him as a bit of a tool but that''s it really. As an addendum to this, it was naive in the extreme of Cowling to imagine that this response may not be made public. Ironically - if his responses to such antagonisms were more appropriate and professional he''d never have to worry about his emails being exposed. City''s official response is measured and humorous. To winge to the FA would I believe be daft.And that''s about it I reckon!

[quote user="canarycol"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="canarycol"]seen  the  new half time  entertainment  at  carrow road  for the  coming  season ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dF9qkXvKeo

[/quote]In the words of your owner Cowling:

UP YOURS!

[/quote]

if you look at my name wizard you will see that that cowardly cowling is not my owner I am a  CITY FAN just trying to lighten the theme up a little  even the  colchester fan saw that and made fun of his  own pitch
[/quote]Oops, sorry, my bad...........and call me wiz[:$]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="canarycol"][quote user="First Wizard"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dF9qkXvKeo[/quote]In the words of your owner Cowling:

UP YOURS!

[/quote]

if you look at my name wizard you will see that that cowardly cowling is not my owner I am a  CITY FAN just trying to lighten the theme up a little  even the  colchester fan saw that and made fun of his  own pitch [/quote]Oops, sorry, my bad...........and call me wiz[:$][/quote]

no problem  wiz

I can completely understand that everyone at Colchester is/was frustrated, and rightfully so. We stole their manager so they have reason to be angry. But to act as Mr Cowling did was not on.

Agreed Brendo, but oh well, what has happened has happened and we''ve paid the price (literally). Let us now focus out attention on our TRUE rivals down the road who we can all look forward to battering this coming season!

FFS Can`t we just let it go?

The bloke who sent the e-mail to Cowling with foul and insulting language in it can`t really complain when he get`s one back, so why go running to the press with it?

Sounds like an attention seeker himself.

[quote user="Brendo "]I can completely understand that everyone at Colchester is/was frustrated, and rightfully so. We stole their manager so they have reason to be angry. But to act as Mr Cowling did was not on.
[/quote]

To use the word "stole" is completely inapproprate, as we always expected to pay compensation for Lambert.

Let''s not forget also that we were originally given permission to talk to Lambert, conditional upon us paying compensation. The fact is, it takes two sides to reach agreement on the amount of compensation due and, either CUFC''s requests where considered OTT, by NCFC or CUFC simply refused to agree anything with us, hence the reason why it ended up at the Football League.

[quote user="Romantic"]My twopenneth for what it''s worth: Had the initial email from the City fan avoided personal insults and raised the issues at hand with any dignity, Cowling''s response would have been unjust and ridiculous. As it was I think he just responded to an immature rant with another immature rant. If I were Cowling my response would have remained deliberate and dignified and that is his mistake. The Nazi jibe was immature and misguided and exposes him as a bit of a tool but that''s it really. As an addendum to this, it was naive in the extreme of Cowling to imagine that this response may not be made public. Ironically - if his responses to such antagonisms were more appropriate and professional he''d never have to worry about his emails being exposed. City''s official response is measured and humorous. To winge to the FA would I believe be daft.And that''s about it I reckon![/quote]This [Y] Neither party comes out of this with any dignity. Cowling and certain Norwich fans just need to move on. We arent even in the same league anymore...Cant we all just go back to hating Ipswich?

[quote user="batesout MOT"]This is hilarious. Waccoe laughs at the lot of you.[/quote]So they should.  It''s utterly embarrassing.Even worse than  "Let''s be avin'' you!", as it''s the fans causing it.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]This is hilarious. Waccoe laughs at the lot of you.[/quote][img]http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/0324chavs.jpg[/img]