Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Cowling's "nazi" jibe

[quote user="First Wizard"]Lets just blank the buffoon from now on, that''ll hurt him more.[/quote]No I actually think our club and our fans have really got to Cowling, I think Cowling''s feelings towards us goes beyond some petty failure to reach a compensation deal, I honestly think the bloke absolutely hates our club because of how our club and it''s fans has got to him. This E-mail just proves how easy he is to wind up, what a Prat!  

I am really annoyed that you would suggest that I would wear FAKE Stone Island coats

LOL. Good comeback Norwichcasual...just having a bt of banter...!!! My sons a CP Company man himself mate.{and yes i don know stone island is a brand of CP Company}.....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I am really annoyed that you would suggest that I would wear FAKE Stone Island coats LOL. Good comeback Norwichcasual...just having a bt of banter...!!! My sons a CP Company man himself mate.{and yes i don know stone island is a brand of CP Company}.....[/quote]

haha yes I do often enjoy a pint of banter on a sunny day.....  The damage is done. and my pock marked face will never be the same again

I actually find it funny how, you all go on and on about Cowling not moving on, saying you dont care about him blah blah blah........yet every single day since we poached Lambert to this day there has been a new Robbie Cowling thread on this forum.........

Perhaps some Norwich fans, need to move on..............

haha yes I do often enjoy a pint of banter on a sunny day..... The damage is done. and my pock marked face will never be the same again

LOL Norwich Casual.

My last ever comment on this Robbie Cowling issue that has dragged on for months, and is getting riidiculous, and we are no longer even in the same bloody league, let alone local rivals, rivalry has never existed before this season, and I think it was a bit desperate starting a rivalry with Colchester over this issue, jus becasue we didnt have Ipsh:t to play games with last season..............

It takes 2 to tango.............Robbie Cowling AND Norwich fans need to move on.................

[quote user="First Wizard"]Letting the press get hold of a private email was wrong, snitchy and stupid.[/quote]

Yes,you are right,but Cowling should have known that people will do it,and has fallen right into the trap. 

[quote user="Herman "]How did this clown make his money?[/quote]

Through a Company called Jobserve who are recruitment consultants and head hunters. How ironic he should get so upset when someone head hunted his football manager!

[quote user="GMF"]

Through a Company called Jobserve who are recruitment consultants and head hunters. How ironic he should get so upset when someone head hunted his football manager!

[/quote]

[:D]

Thats not to mention that he is a very rich business man who must have shafted people to get where he is today.He has probably been screwing people over for years but when somebody does it to him he can''t take it.Am i wrong?

[quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

As a matter of interest, does clicking on the Jobserve link on the Club''s website actually cost the advertiser money?????

So if you post a private email on here it will be removed, like emails that have been removed in the past from Neil Doncaster etc, but it''s okay to ''sensationalise'' a personal email from Robbie Cowling in an article? Talk about double standards.I thought it was quite amusing and that he was very polite considering the initial email that was sent. Unlike that Ian Ross guy at Everton.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]So if you post a private email on here it will be removed, like emails that have been removed in the past from Neil Doncaster etc, but it''s okay to ''sensationalise'' a personal email from Robbie Cowling in an article? Talk about double standards.I thought it was quite amusing and that he was very polite considering the initial email that was sent. Unlike that Ian Ross guy at Everton.[/quote]I wouldn''t call signing off an email with ''up yours'' polite to be honest.

The man is an idiot, thankfully our club are doing the best thing and keeping a dignified silence, it really does just make him seem even more like a knob. However I don''t really see how this is such a big story, has the Evening News not got anything better to put on their front page? Whilst he may be a toss*r Robbie Cowling should be entitled to think that his email correspondence remains private.

This wasn''t some e-mail to a family member or close friend.  This was a response to a Norwich fan who was quite clearly trying to antagonize him.  Any captain of industry should have had more sense to realize there was no way this exchange would be considered confidential.  He didn''t get to where he is by being an idiot.  I would say that the entire situation has sort of unhinged Cowling.  This will be a "live and learn" moment for him.  Obviously Cowling sees this dispute as personal, while Bowkett and McNally see it as just business.  The ironic thing is that Cowling was proven to be right but has scuttled much of his "win" by looking like an ignorant juvenile, based on his e-mail exchanges and ill-advised rants to the press.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Talk about storm in a teacup. I can''t really see anything in those emails to get particularly angry about to be honest, I am a fully signed up liberal lefty. It isn''t professional of him but he was responding to a personal email. Think the Evening News are trying to be a little bit too much like the Daily Mail.[/quote]

I would suggest that this is a highly offensive and racist comment. Did not a member of the royal family get hung drawn and quarted for a similar effort at a party. Do you feel it is correct to compare somebody ( who ever they might be ) to someone responsible for millions of deaths in concentration camps ?. Pete are the FA aware of these comments ? Could you imagine what would happen to a player /manager should they aim similar comments towards a referee in a press comment after the game ?

[/quote]To compare someone to Hitler is generally stupid but, making a loose comparison isn''t that offensive (just stupid), and it certainly isn''t racist (which race is being attacked through comparing someone to Hitler?)This whole thing makes the Evening News look pathetic, the Norwich fan who sent the first email looks a little pathetic also and Cowling certainly looks pathetic. To summarise, the whole thing is pathetic.The FA will just say it isn''t for them to get involved in and it certainly isn''t a criminal offence as some are suggesting.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Talk about storm in a teacup. I can''t really see anything in those emails to get particularly angry about to be honest, I am a fully signed up liberal lefty. It isn''t professional of him but he was responding to a personal email. Think the Evening News are trying to be a little bit too much like the Daily Mail.[/quote]

I would suggest that this is a highly offensive and racist comment. Did not a member of the royal family get hung drawn and quarted for a similar effort at a party. Do you feel it is correct to compare somebody ( who ever they might be ) to someone responsible for millions of deaths in concentration camps ?. Pete are the FA aware of these comments ? Could you imagine what would happen to a player /manager should they aim similar comments towards a referee in a press comment after the game ?

[/quote]To compare someone to Hitler is generally stupid but, making a loose comparison isn''t that offensive (just stupid), and it certainly isn''t racist (which race is being attacked through comparing someone to Hitler?)This whole thing makes the Evening News look pathetic, the Norwich fan who sent the first email looks a little pathetic also and Cowling certainly looks pathetic. To summarise, the whole thing is pathetic.The FA will just say it isn''t for them to get involved in and it certainly isn''t a criminal offence as some are suggesting.[/quote]Agree with all of this.  It''s a stupid email response to a stupid email, the kind of exchange which happens on this board maybe 20 times a day.  Cowling is under no obligation to "know better" or "act more responsibly", as long as he is happy for his actions to reflect badly on CUFC.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]So if you post a private email on here it will be removed, like emails that have been removed in the past from Neil Doncaster etc, but it''s okay to ''sensationalise'' a personal email from Robbie Cowling in an article? Talk about double standards.[/quote]Wasn''t that explained earlier?[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just

one thing Pete, how come the press were aloud to run this but people

werent allowed to paste emails they received from Doomcaster on here?[/quote]

Because we were given permission from all parties involved.[/quote]

What a big fuss about nothing.

I cant understand some people on here are thick enough to think that what he said is a crinimal offence.

The tw@ who sent the emai in the first place, and The Evening News have dramatised this in a way The News Of The Wordl would be proud of, have made a mountain out of a molehill and you lot have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

I dont hate anyone or anything attached to Colchester. The chairman is humped that we pinched Colchesters manager and its brewed from there. We get the hump when people take our players and managers, so why shouldnt he? One example of many is Dean Ashton is still mentioned on this forum, as being hated for leaving us for a bigger club. Anyone see the irony.

Colchester as a club, stadium, history, are not anywhere near Norwich. I am not saying we are a big club, but compared to Colchester we are. Norwich V Ipswich is, was, and forever, will be our only derby grudge match. This Colchester rivalry is like Manchester United having a feud with Oldham or Stockport.

Poor little innocent fan sent offensive email by Colchesters chairman, boo hoo. And then right at the end of the story, a small mention of the email the Norwich fan sent him in the first place, which was childish and pathetic. Is he a grown man or a school kid? Perhaps he hasnt even started school. Whatever the case he seems to have a very low IQ.

This being front page news has nothing to do with the link between Bowkett and Archant of course, oh course not, what a stupid idea.

I was always under the belef emails were personal. I recall numerous emails printed on here being taken off.

The reason for taking them off is : Unless both parties agree to a personal email being made public, it breaches the confidential agreement of the email.

The Nazi thing is bad, but its just an expression. He didnt say Bowkett and McNally are responsible for the murder of millions of jews, and organised race hate groups, and wanted a pure race. How many times have I seen people on here use the term ''Nazi'', when talking about First Wizard and co, on numerous debates?

Some of you have blown this out of all proportion, helped by the knob who ran the story, and the boll#ck brain who sent the original email, in the hope of getting the reaction he got. What did he expect to get in response? Dear Sir, thank you for the advice, I will now appoint a manager from the Ridgeons League, and will now take the chip off my shoulder.

Dont know the guy who sent it, but the fact he went to the media with a private email, made himself to be an innocent party, and the fact he had nothing better to do than to insult and abuse a person via email, draws me to the conclusion hes a grade A prick.

Wayne {Lifelong NCFC fan and season ticket holder}.

Kind of with Arthur on this. Cowling should not better but a fan sent him a fairly abusive email and got one back.

This whole thing is just pathetic...

Don''t agree with what Cowling said but what was the Norwich fan doing sending that e-mail in the first place?

I''ve reported the incedent to the FA and asked them to investigate, I don''t think our fan was right to even contact Mr Cowling but what Mr Cowling has come back with is way off limits. We will see what the FA do about it from here it''s in thier hands.

I can''t be botherd to read the whole thread..... My opinion is the whole thing is very childish..... the e-mail is slightly perthetic...Archant should know better, to print the story on the front page! someone died on old palace road during the week and 6 people where arrested as it looks like murder... the was hardly anything said.... 2 perthetic e mail''s are sent and it''s on the front page as if the world is coming to an end!

Graham, have you seriously reported this to The FA? On what grounds? This is beyond a joke. What if Colchester then report us to the FA for failing to control our fans? That may sound stupid, but its no more stupid than reporting Cowling to The FA., and others calling for police involvment.

I blame the evening news and the turnip who sent the email. Both have gone over the top with this story. As someone has pointed out a serious murder took place on Old Palace Road this week, and you lare on about Cowling being reported to the police and in Grahams case to the FA?

Cowling was wrong to use the term nazi, but its an everyday saying. "such and such are like the nazis". I hear this sort of throw away comment everyday.

To open your eyes a bit, a very serious event happened in Cumbria this week, where 12 people died, and numerous injured. Have you, the eveing news, and this tit of a NCFC fan, really got nothing better to think about than a poxy childish email battle, started by a pathetic email sent by one of our own supporters?

Get a grip for f*cks sake people. You say Cowling is obsessed with Norwich City, reading this and other threads about Mr C and Colchester, it seems like its the other way round and City fans are obsessed with Cowling.

Even Bowkett seems to have laughed it off by saying " Robbie will always be Robbie", so why cant we?

Move on folks, there is more important news going on than some tit for tat rubbish with a club that is no threat to us.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Graham, have you seriously reported this to The FA? On what grounds? This is beyond a joke. What if Colchester then report us to the FA for failing to control our fans? That may sound stupid, but its no more stupid than reporting Cowling to The FA., and others calling for police involvment. I blame the evening news and the turnip who sent the email. Both have gone over the top with this story. As someone has pointed out a serious murder took place on Old Palace Road this week, and you lare on about Cowling being reported to the police and in Grahams case to the FA? Cowling was wrong to use the term nazi, but its an everyday saying. "such and such are like the nazis". I hear this sort of throw away comment everyday. To open your eyes a bit, a very serious event happened in Cumbria this week, where 12 people died, and numerous injured. Have you, the eveing news, and this tit of a NCFC fan, really got nothing better to think about than a poxy childish email battle, started by a pathetic email sent by one of our own supporters? Get a grip for f*cks sake people. You say Cowling is obsessed with Norwich City, reading this and other threads about Mr C and Colchester, it seems like its the other way round and City fans are obsessed with Cowling. Even Bowkett seems to have laughed it off by saying " Robbie will always be Robbie", so why cant we? Move on folks, there is more important news going on than some tit for tat rubbish with a club that is no threat to us.[/quote]

Your point is very well made and very true there are far worst things happening in the world than Cowling. After saying that and not beliitleing your point or what happened in the week in any way the Nazis were responsibile for murdering millions of people and imo refering to members of our board as Nazis is no different to Cowling saying they resembled the killer in Cumberland. Unfortunately people in authority and power often have to deal with things by ignoring them or dealing with them professionally. Look at Gordon Brown in the election referring to that lady as a bigot. He may or may not have been right, however in his position keeping his mouth shut would have been a much better option thats what comes from having a high profile job - people can say it to you but you risk everything by retaliating or making a racist or inappropriate comment. No matter how much we all try to move on the man has a one man crusade against our club and this will just continue. Maybe I have missed one on the thread but every time he has opened his mouth to date Colchester supporters have come on and defended him, dont think there is any this time.