Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Cowling's "nazi" jibe

He basically compared Bowkett and McNally to Nazis, but added that this would be offensive to "our European neighbours".

I have just been out to get the paper and am about to read.Will get back to you lol.

He said,

"I''m sure the Germans were overjoyed at Hitler''s early successes, but I wouldn''t want to label your two clowns in the same category as Hitler and the Nazis. That would be unfair on our European neighbours."

Want an ignorant, odious piece of filth. And which "European neighbours" would he be referring to? Presumably Germany, however, last time I checked, they were not Nazis and generally don''t get offended when other non-nationals use Hitler as an insult. Or is he suggesting perhaps they are proud of their Nazi history and do not want people to use Hitler as a tool of degredation? Because if that is the case, to coin an overly used phrase on these here forums, "that is racist". Or very offensive at least.

I''d love to meet Robbie Cowling down the pub.

Surely some sort of action need to be taken by the fa as comparing someone to nazis is completely and utterly out of order and shows how unproffesional he is. Surely Colchester fans must realise what an idiot he is

Leaving aside the name-calling, is there anything factual in the story about the compensation case, or is it just name-calling? Thanks.

Robbie Cowling is a F***wit! plain and simple! if he''s going to make comments like that then i hope someone sticks one on him one day!You''re a bell end cowling! and i hope you see this!

All compensation should be returned to Norwich City, Cowling should be forced out by the FA, and Cowling should face criminal charges for such comments.

Disgusting.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Here it is... Cowling''s e-mail ''Nazi'' jibe at City bosses http://bit.ly/9RIabc[/quote]just one thing Pete, how come the press were aloud to run this but people werent allowed to paste emails they received from Doomcaster on here?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Here it is... Cowling''s e-mail ''Nazi'' jibe at City bosses http://bit.ly/9RIabc[/quote]

just one thing Pete, how come the press were aloud to run this but people werent allowed to paste emails they received from Doomcaster on here?
[/quote]

Because we were given permission from all parties involved.

"“Oh dear, oh dear. Robbie will be Robbie. It would not be appropriate

to say any more on the matter.”"Probably the sadest line in the article really.  Sometimes, even if they are your friend, it''s better to just say ''what a prat, we will be taking this seriously''. Sad, genuinely sad.

Is it true you''re 30 today Sports desk Pete? If so happy birthday to you sir. Interesting little stroy but it''s back to the Cricket for me.....

[quote user="AndyJR"]"“Oh dear, oh dear. Robbie will be Robbie. It would not be appropriate

to say any more on the matter.”"Probably the sadest line in the article really.  Sometimes, even if they are your friend, it''s better to just say ''what a prat, we will be taking this seriously''. Sad, genuinely sad.[/quote]Sorry, but explain what is sad about that comment.What do you seriously expect Bowkett to say instead? I think his reply sums up how we all probably feel about Mr Cowling.

Talk about storm in a teacup. I can''t really see anything in those emails to get particularly angry about to be honest, I am a fully signed up liberal lefty. It isn''t professional of him but he was responding to a personal email. Think the Evening News are trying to be a little bit too much like the Daily Mail.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Is it true you''re 30 today Sports desk Pete? If so happy birthday to you sir. Interesting little stroy but it''s back to the Cricket for me.....
[/quote]

Monday, but many thanks!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

"If they are to be publicised, the whole email conversation should be printed so replies to previous emails can be put into context."

If you insist Robbie...

http://bit.ly/bzepJg

[/quote]Oh lordy, lol.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]"“Oh dear, oh dear. Robbie will be Robbie. It would not be appropriate

to say any more on the matter.”"Probably the sadest line in the article really.  Sometimes, even if they are your friend, it''s better to just say ''what a prat, we will be taking this seriously''. Sad, genuinely sad.[/quote]Sorry, but explain what is sad about that comment.What do you seriously expect Bowkett to say instead? I think his reply sums up how we all probably feel about Mr Cowling.[/quote]I must have missed his irony. Perhaps you''re right.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AndyJR"]"“Oh dear, oh dear. Robbie will be Robbie. It would not be appropriate

to say any more on the matter.”"Probably the sadest line in the article really.  Sometimes, even if they are your friend, it''s better to just say ''what a prat, we will be taking this seriously''. Sad, genuinely sad.[/quote]Sorry, but explain what is sad about that comment.What do you seriously expect Bowkett to say instead? I think his reply sums up how we all probably feel about Mr Cowling.[/quote]I must have missed his irony. Perhaps you''re right.[/quote]Considering Mr Cowlings area of expertise this really is a schoolboy error of massive proportions to be honest.I''m almost embarrassed on his behalf.