Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Premiership experience vital??

You look back at when we won the league in 2005, we had Hucks, Crouch and Svensson who all had experience of top flight football.

For a team to get promoted out of the Championship do you need one or two players who have had Premiership experience??

I can’t think of a team in recent history who have gained automatic promotion without a couple of Premiership players.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]Burnley???[/quote]

Chris Eagles and Robbie Blake, both had played some PL football before Burnley''s promotion. :)

Well Adam Dury has got Premier League experience.

And Gary Doherty has played quite a bit of Prem football....oh...wait...

In that promotion team we also had Edworthy. Didn''t Francis play a bit for Wimbledon before their relegation? I can''t for the life of me remember if Fleming got any games in the prem before coming to us and Iwan as well. Mulryne had a couple of appearances for Man U.

I would say its not important for promotion no, it is important to have some players that are capable of playing in the premiership but thats slightly different.

And to be honest - and not trying to take the wind out of anyone''s sails but if we get auto-promotion this season it will be a huge upset. I say that because you have some reasonable teams for us to compete with. I think play-offs isn''t an unreasonable hope.

What we have is a squad of hardworking players which is always a good basis for a team at this level, but it will be a wait and see in terms of if some of these players have what it takes to make the step up.

Premiership experience doesn''t equate to a good player mind you. There are plenty of players about that had a few games in the premiership but you wonder how!

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

as has rusty, if he stays!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When has Russel played in the Premiership, we sold him to Stoke before we went up and tehn we brought him back before Stoke went up.....

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has he? He went to Stoke before we were promoted and then came back to us before they were promoted. Don''t think he has ever played in the prem.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has he? He went to Stoke before we were promoted and then came back to us before they were promoted. Don''t think he has ever played in the prem.

[/quote]

oh, my bad! [n]

I think you''d be hard pushed to find any club in the Championship that didn''t have any players with Premiership experience with someone?

[quote user="lmc"]I think you''d be hard pushed to find any club in the Championship that didn''t have any players with Premiership experience with someone?[/quote]

true, have leeds though?![:P]

[quote user="lmc"]I dont think Scunny have any Prem experience, maybe one or two others but not many.[/quote]

stead whilst at sunderland?!(i think he played there)

chopra If he goes![y]