Sign in to follow this  
batesout MOT

The Fight Against Racism in Football

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Thinking about it: Norwich don''t seem to have many non-white players on the books. Or even had significant players in your history. What might be the factors in this? Is racism any part of this?[/quote]

To kill two birds with one stone can I throw the name "Justin Fashanu" into the ring?

[/quote]

[Y] Add Smith,Russell,Ekoku,Fox,Safri etc...

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Thinking about it: Norwich don''t seem to have many non-white players on the books. Or even had significant players in your history. What might be the factors in this? Is racism any part of this?[/quote]You ''aving a larf! What about Alan Black, Robert Green, Kenny Brown........

FFS batesout you really are clutching straws. We''ve had many a black player in comparison to the ethnic makeup and size of the city. The fact we are a rural area has had a big impact on why we lack ethnic people in our county unlike the major industrial cities but that''s changing with the rural industry employing many "new wave" immigrants. Norwich is actually one of the most liberal cities in the UK. Read it up, a lot happens outside your world renowned "Leeds,championship of Europe "

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Thinking about it: Norwich don''t seem to have many non-white players on the books. Or even had significant players in your history. What might be the factors in this? Is racism any part of this?[/quote]

Is this batesout MOT for real......

Oli Johnson,Luke Daley,Tom Adeyemi,Corey Smith,Anthony McNamee,Darel Russell....all currently on the books and played in the first team last season.

it`s nothing to do with racism is just a fact that Norfolk does not have a high number of either Black or Asian people

Ipswich has a higher proportion of Black players and it stems from the Windrush. People arrived from the West Indies and tended to stay ion the area.

Like I say it`s nothing to do with racism it`s just the way it is.

I wouldn`t be surprised at all if one day we have a Britsh born Pole in our team

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Thinking about it: Norwich don''t seem to have many non-white players on the books. Or even had significant players in your history. What might be the factors in this? Is racism any part of this?[/quote]To kill two birds with one stone can I throw the name "Justin Fashanu" into the ring?

[/quote]

[Y] Add Smith,Russell,Ekoku,Fox,Safri etc...

[/quote]Nielsen, Beckford, Diop, Derveld ("players"), Etuhu, Adeyemi, Rocastle, Johnson, MacNamee, Omosuzi, Koroma, Lita

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Thinking about it: Norwich don''t seem to have many non-white players on the books. Or even had significant players in your history. What might be the factors in this? Is racism any part of this?[/quote]

Is this batesout MOT for real......

Oli Johnson,Luke Daley,Tom Adeyemi,Corey Smith,Anthony McNamee,Darel Russell....all currently on the books and played in the first team last season.

[/quote]I think he''s trying to wind us up somehow and failing quite badly lol.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]That was quite funny lappin''.

But seriously, do the few players mentioned qualify as the exceptions that prove the rule?[/quote]You really are a complete twunt.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]That was quite funny lappin''.

But seriously, do the few players mentioned qualify as the exceptions that prove the rule?[/quote]Not really too sure what point you''re trying to make here BOMOT, when pushed to think about it I could name a whole heap of "non-white" players we''ve had at Norwich in the last thirty of forty years. Thing is I don''t think of louie Donowa as a "Black Norwich Player" I think of him as an exciting winger with a great left foot, Dale Gordon was a great player not a black player to me, as was Ruel Fox. Darren Kenton was a bloody good defender for a while, not a "Black defender who played for Norwich".The Racism aspect revolves around differentiating between people based on the colour of their skin or ethinicity and you appear to be the one doing that. I prefer to judge people on how they are and Norwich players on how good or bad I perceive they are thank you very much.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="batesout MOT"]That was quite funny lappin''.

But seriously, do the few players mentioned qualify as the exceptions that prove the rule?[/quote]Not really too sure what point you''re trying to make here BOMOT, when pushed to think about it I could name a whole heap of "non-white" players we''ve had at Norwich in the last thirty of forty years. Thing is I don''t think of louie Donowa as a "Black Norwich Player" I think of him as an exciting winger with a great left foot, Dale Gordon was a great player not a black player to me, as was Ruel Fox. Darren Kenton was a bloody good defender for a while, not a "Black defender who played for Norwich".The Racism aspect revolves around differentiating between people based on the colour of their skin or ethinicity and you appear to be the one doing that. I prefer to judge people on how they are and Norwich players on how good or bad I perceive they are thank you very much.[/quote]If we all did this, imo, society would be much better.  Once you start trying to make ''colour'' issues.  Before anyone knows it they be ''tick box'' management in football.  For example, ''we can''t sign the excellent white left back, because we have to sign the average Asian LB, because we have to fill the ethnic quotas''. 

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="batesout MOT"]That was quite funny lappin''. But seriously, do the few players mentioned qualify as the exceptions that prove the rule?[/quote]

Not really too sure what point you''re trying to make here BOMOT, when pushed to think about it I could name a whole heap of "non-white" players we''ve had at Norwich in the last thirty of forty years. Thing is I don''t think of louie Donowa as a "Black Norwich Player" I think of him as an exciting winger with a great left foot, Dale Gordon was a great player not a black player to me, as was Ruel Fox. Darren Kenton was a bloody good defender for a while, not a "Black defender who played for Norwich".

The Racism aspect revolves around differentiating between people based on the colour of their skin or ethinicity and you appear to be the one doing that. I prefer to judge people on how they are and Norwich players on how good or bad I perceive they are thank you very much.
[/quote]

If we all did this, imo, society would be much better.  Once you start trying to make ''colour'' issues.  Before anyone knows it they be ''tick box'' management in football.  For example, ''we can''t sign the excellent white left back, because we have to sign the average Asian LB, because we have to fill the ethnic quotas''. 
[/quote]

Isn''t that what they tried in S.Africa (after Apartheid) and it didn''t work very well?''Positive discrimination''.

Chill out amigos... Just a friendly discussion.

I''ll tell you what, try to think of a Norwich FC all-time non-White eleven. I could easily come up with a Leeds team. You have until 11pm.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Chill out amigos... Just a friendly discussion.

I''ll tell you what, try to think of a Norwich FC all-time non-White eleven. I could easily come up with a Leeds team. You have until 11pm.[/quote]                Keelan    Diop    Derveld      Camara Fox   Smith   Etuhu   Safri   Gordon             Lita    Earnshaw

Subs:  Beckford, Adeyemi, Rocastle, Johnson, MacNamee

Wouldn''t keep a clean sheet, mind.

Justin FashanuJohn Fashanu Efan EkokoRuel FoxLouie DonawaDisco Dale GordanDion bloody DublinAdrian ForbesDavid Neilson Leon McKensieTonton Zola Moukoco (that could have been CM 2003 though)Jurgen ColinRobert EarnshawDixon EtutuLeroy Lita Sure, no notable black players at all. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Chill out amigos... Just a friendly discussion. I''ll tell you what, try to think of a Norwich FC all-time non-White eleven. I could easily come up with a Leeds team. You have until 11pm.[/quote]

Keelan

Diop    Derveld      Camara

Fox   Smith   Etuhu   Safri   Gordon

Lita    Earnshaw

Subs:  Beckford, Adeyemi, Rocastle, Johnson, MacNamee

Wouldn''t keep a clean sheet, mind.

[/quote]

You could have stuck Kenton at the back (and Semi[:$]).

Can''t think of any full backs at present. We''d still beat your team with 9 men.

Warner

Radebe

Rio

Johanneson

Dacourt

Kammy

Wallace

Hasselbaink

Yeboah

Justin FashanuJohn Fashanu Efan EkokoDavid Neilson Leon McKensieRobert EarnshawLeroy LitaDarren BeckfordZema AbbeyTrevor BenjaminDavid NielsonCarl CortAde AkinbyiKevin LisbieOli Johnson Dixon EtutuKorey SmithYouseff SafriDamien FrancisDarrell Russell Tom AdeyemiDavid RocastleJean Yves De BlasiisRuel FoxLouie DonawaDale GordanAdrian ForbesAnthony MacNameeDion DublinDarren KentonZesh RehmanJurgen ColinFernando DerveldMo CamaraMatthieu Louis-Jean Ryan BertrandKieran GibbsPape DiopJon Otsemobor Is that enough for you?

Is the Leeds fan that upset we beat his team to the title that he feels the need to come here and try to tell us how his club is better than ours?? He''s not doing a very good job is he? Last major honour was 18 years ago & by saying his side has had more black players.

Fantastic.

I don''t think Racism is an issue at Norwich as it is a "white" city which is one of the reasons that people of other ethnic groups do not wish to live here. My source for this is a former Cannon of the Anglican church.

What I do dislike intensly is the chants against "gays" with the Barclay coming up with " Who''s the wan*er, in the pink" at visiting fans. Sex choice definately has no place in football in my opinion.

[quote user="Bobert"]

What I do dislike intensly is the chants against "gays" with the Barclay coming up with " Who''s the wan*er, in the pink" at visiting fans. Sex choice definately has no place in football in my opinion.[/quote]File that under ''B'' for banter Bobert. Not all men who wear pink shirts are gayers and not all gayers wear pink shirts, in fact some of the ones I know dress and act remarkably like everyone else.

"What I do dislike intensly is the chants against "gays" with the Barclay coming up with " Who''s the wan*er, in the pink" at visiting fans. Sex choice definately has no place in football in my opinion."

I''m quite sensitive to homophobia and anti-gay attitudes (after all, living in Brighton - I *must* be gay!), but I''ve never thought those sorts of chants were rooted in those negative attitudes.

I said many times,  homophobia is dealt with in the wrong way.  People who think being  ''gay'' is a slur should learn to say ''yeah so what'', rather than the name caller.For example who is the most homophobic? Person 1 who says, ''you''re a bloody poof for living in Brighton''.Or Person 2 who lives in Brighton who''s worried and cries about whether people thinks he''s gay?

Person two is the most homophobic because he thinks ''gay'' is a slur, when he should think, ''I couldn''t give a shiny sh*t''

[quote user="First Jedi"]"What I do dislike intensly is the chants against "gays" with the Barclay coming up with " Who''s the wan*er, in the pink" at visiting fans. Sex choice definately has no place in football in my opinion."

I''m quite sensitive to homophobia and anti-gay attitudes (after all, living in Brighton - I *must* be gay!), but I''ve never thought those sorts of chants were rooted in those negative attitudes.[/quote]You''re partly to blame for taking it as an insult.  People often say things to watch people squirm.  You''re more homophobic than the people chanting IMO.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I said many times,  homophobia is dealt with in the wrong way.  People who think being  ''gay'' is a slur should learn to say ''yeah so what'', rather than the name caller.For example who is the most homophobic? Person 1 who says, ''you''re a bloody poof for living in Brighton''.Or Person 2 who lives in Brighton who''s worried and cries about whether people thinks he''s gay?

Person two is the most homophobic because he thinks ''gay'' is a slur, when he should think, ''I couldn''t give a shiny sh*t''[/quote]You make an interesting point.