Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Huge ipswich signing imminent !

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]If these were Marcus Evans real intentions then; 1. surely he would of been out by now due to amount the club had already spent. 2.THE DEBT IS HIS NOT THE FOORBALL CLUB''S! MARCUS EVANS OWES WHOEVER 38M NOT IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB! 3. When he brought the club and AGREED TO TAKE THE DEBT, he and the club agreed that he could not sell untill the club was making a profit, thus eliminating the chances of the club being left with nothing. I SUPPOSE IT''S HARD WHEN YOUR RIVALS ARE SPENDING £4M ON ONE PLAYER, WHICH IS ABOUT TWICE THE BUDGET FOR YOUR WHOLE SQUAD! HAHAHAHAHAHA Also while im here, havant you noticed the FACT that town fans have kept the faith with Keane, we arnt a club who just sack and hope for the best, it works in the short term but has no long term effect e.g. Narwich, QPR. some of the countries greatest managers all were given time, like... i dunno.... a certain SIR ALF RAMSEY and errr... SIR BOBBY ROBSON[/quote]

i am actually love the fact you are all so deluded and high on Evans its going to make it all the more funny when shit hits the fan and your going to the wall.

Evans is owns ipswich and ipswich owe evans you moron. He is essentially making money by lending money to himself! What a genius. Youve got nothing left you moron, you joke that there was a rumor that we may have to sell our ground, but guess what you sold your ground in administration. That fact clearly shows you know nothing about your own clubs finnances and even less about ours.

Let me put brake this down to you. Norwich non player assets valued at, at least 35 million. 30 for the ground 5 for the training ground plus all the land we own around the city also valuing in the millions. Add on any catering the club as a share in, Yellows, delias, top of the terrace. And out debts of 23 million. A surplus of what 15 million at least if things go bad we will be fine.

What about ipwich, no ground, no land, poor footballing catering and corpright facilitys. Granted you have a training ground so lets say 7 million and be generous. Granted you playing squad may be worth more than ours but you wont get any money near like youve paid. Chopra isnt worth anywere near 4 million. So lets say you have 15 million assets. Mark that against the debt of nearing 40 million leaves us with a deficet of 25. You made a loss of 10 million this year and would take somthing magical to reduce that loss to even 5 million, especially with player wages rising and revenues falling, season ticket renewals a lot less than this time last year for example. So when the banks or Evans come calling next time i suggest you join our mothers and sisters down your infamous red light area and work your arse off :) Of course all of those figures were very rough but it shows what kind of trouble you are in.

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]If these were Marcus Evans real intentions then; 1. surely he would of been out by now due to amount the club had already spent. 2.THE DEBT IS HIS NOT THE FOORBALL CLUB''S! MARCUS EVANS OWES WHOEVER 38M NOT IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB! 3. When he brought the club and AGREED TO TAKE THE DEBT, he and the club agreed that he could not sell untill the club was making a profit, thus eliminating the chances of the club being left with nothing. I SUPPOSE IT''S HARD WHEN YOUR RIVALS ARE SPENDING £4M ON ONE PLAYER, WHICH IS ABOUT TWICE THE BUDGET FOR YOUR WHOLE SQUAD! HAHAHAHAHAHA Also while im here, havant you noticed the FACT that town fans have kept the faith with Keane, we arnt a club who just sack and hope for the best, it works in the short term but has no long term effect e.g. Narwich, QPR. some of the countries greatest managers all were given time, like... i dunno.... a certain SIR ALF RAMSEY and errr... SIR BOBBY ROBSON[/quote]

i am actually love the fact you are all so deluded and high on Evans its going to make it all the more funny when shit hits the fan and your going to the wall.

Evans is owns ipswich and ipswich owe evans you moron. He is essentially making money by lending money to himself! What a genius. Youve got nothing left you moron, you joke that there was a rumor that we may have to sell our ground, but guess what you sold your ground in administration. That fact clearly shows you know nothing about your own clubs finnances and even less about ours.

Let me put brake this down to you. Norwich non player assets valued at, at least 35 million. 30 for the ground 5 for the training ground plus all the land we own around the city also valuing in the millions. Add on any catering the club as a share in, Yellows, delias, top of the terrace. And out debts of 23 million. A surplus of what 15 million at least if things go bad we will be fine.

What about ipwich, no ground, no land, poor footballing catering and corpright facilitys. Granted you have a training ground so lets say 7 million and be generous. Granted you playing squad may be worth more than ours but you wont get any money near like youve paid. Chopra isnt worth anywere near 4 million. So lets say you have 15 million assets. Mark that against the debt of nearing 40 million leaves us with a deficet of 25. You made a loss of 10 million this year and would take somthing magical to reduce that loss to even 5 million, especially with player wages rising and revenues falling, season ticket renewals a lot less than this time last year for example. So when the banks or Evans come calling next time i suggest you join our mothers and sisters down your infamous red light area and work your arse off :) Of course all of those figures were very rough but it shows what kind of trouble you are in.

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]

Also while im here, havant you noticed the FACT that town fans have kept the faith with Keane[/quote]Lots of Gippeswyc fans wanted Keane as far removed from the club as possible last time I looked on TWAT''D, suspect the real and only reason he was still there after Christmas was that it would have cost you too much to get rid of him.I''m very pleased that you''ve kept the mad dog walker for a while longer and was a little worried at the recent rumours that he was being replaced.

[quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]What a quality post, and to think a fellow budgie had the cheek to pull someone up on spelling, it looks to me like you must be an extra from the cast of deliverence or something !

Well, a reasoned debate at last. Sadly though no mention of how the paupers have still not even sold 13,000 season tickets.

A brief rundown.

After a decade or more of under investment the club sought to pay off it''s debts and make up for that underinvestment by rolling it all up into one loan (£25m) secured against future ticket sales. That loan paid for the 2 stands and cleared the £9m debt they ran up getting into the Premiership.

However the same incompeten mismanagement followed and having been relegated the club then had the option of selling up and paying their way or embarking on a reckless gamble to get them back into the Premiership. Anyone looking at the figures would have known that without that promotion bankruptcy would soon follow. Sheepshanks was quite happy to lie through his teeth at the 2002 AGM, deceiving numerous businesses to carry on trading with what was by then a bankrupt club. It is believed that the shyster only fought against full administration for fear of the harm such an event would have on his cv. Any wonder no local businesses have wanted to be involved and sponsorship for the North Stand and the shirts has been non existent

When Evans took over, the club, ground, training ground and everything else was handed over for £3.1m (ordinary shares). A further £8.1m was raised as preference shares to help meet the ongoing debts. Sadly the dimwitted farmhands thought this was £12m that had been handed over to ''madjig'' to spend as he wished. Hence the over exited waving of money, as if moonshine had suddenly been piped through the cold taps of suffolk.

The true extend of how much the paupers had been had over, was shown when it was revealed that the supposed sum of £6m handed over to Norwich Union by Evans in respect of the £25m debt was not the figure to be charged to the paupers. They would be charged the full £25m. Nice bit of work if you can get it - more so when Evans was already charging them interest on the £8.1m loan.

The witless drivel spewed out by Cortwanking would not be so laughable were the true facts not readily available, they are -

http://www.itfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1181533,00.html

The only five year provision is in regard to the repayment of that £8.1m loan after a CONTINUOUS five years in the Premiership. Nothing about profit or other binman tosh.

Realistically the bottom line is that Marcus Evans has acquired a reasonably modern stadium with all the conferencing facilities that he would otherwise have had to hire, plus the training ground. He has handed over one sum of money to NU, yet is charging the paupers interest on a sum 5 TIMES that amount !

The nonsense about the paupers having money should be seen in the context of their runnning up £10m more in losses the previous season. More debt they couldn''t pay yet again. There is little likelihood that Evans has any real interest in them getting into the Premiership. He failed to back them last season when they were bumping along at the bottom. Clegg has admitted that they will have to sell before thay can bring anyone in and Keane is already talking of bringing in loanees in September.

Evans has all the facilities. Evans has a nice little earner by way of racking up more interest against all the unpaid interest and debt - which can then be conveniently offset against profits in another part of the group.

And as far as the poor old paupers have -

" Turnover was down from £15.8 million in 2007/08 to £14.7 million 2008/09 "

“At 30 June 2009 the club had total interest-bearing debt of £35.7 million "

(errr, why is it interest bearing if Evans is NOT taking any money out. Why charge interest on the £35.7 million if Evans only paid NU £6 million ?)

But never mind, our ''ever so wealthy'' neighbours could perhaps use some of the money from their season ticket sales instead,

............ unfortunately the problem is those sales are currently 3000 down on last season.

If the three simple suffolk farmhands on here haven''t quite twigged what''s going on then at least 3000 of their fellow pitchfork jugglers have. So time to wake up and smell the dung heap bin boys, it''s coming from poorman road and it ain''t smelling too good !

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]What a quality post, and to think a fellow budgie had the cheek to pull someone up on spelling, it looks to me like you must be an extra from the cast of deliverence or something !
[/quote]

haha when you realise that you have no counter argument insult the spelling. Game set and .....

" some of the countries greatest managers all were given time"

Perhaps that''s why Evans was taking to Mowbray over the weekend. Telling him that he would have tow ait while he gave Keane time - shame he hasn''t given him any money though !

Remind us again whose cheif executive has said that the club would have to sell before they would have any money

Whose manager has said "we will need one or two loan players" and also said of Chopra

"We have to be realistic who we think we can get. It’s going to be difficult, no doubt.”

Maybe you could pass round the blanket at the next home game - missing all the bits with the rows and rows of empty seats.

ps perhaps you could point out the bit in your OWN chairman''s letter to the shareholders (above) that makes mention of -

"... he and the club agreed that he could not sell untill the club was making a profit"

somehow I appear to have missed it

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]My steve and i live in colchester! i dont know meny narwich fans so i doubt u know me![/quote]

someone get this loon sectioned.

steady old chap, the poor fella is a binner

he''s probably regarded of as some kind of Stephen Hawking amongst his own kind

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]My steve and i live in colchester! i dont know meny narwich fans so i doubt u know me![/quote]

Woops! Got that wrong didn''t I!!!!

[quote user="City penguin"]

Granted you have a training ground so lets say 7 million and be generous. [/quote]

No mate, they sold the training ground to RBS in 2007 for £1million in leiu of debts.They don''t actually own anything.

Ricardo

It was mortgaged to Bank of Scotland before the club was handed over to Evans.

Last season''s accounts state that the £1m has been paid so theoretically the club owns the ground. However as Evans owns 87% of the club he could dispose of it as he sees fit, with any capital raised used to pay the debt that the club owes him.

How convenient then that he is charging the club the full amount of the debt the club had, NOT the far, far lower figure he acquired it for.

[quote user="City1st"]Ricardo It was mortgaged to Bank of Scotland before the club was handed over to Evans. Last season''s accounts state that the £1m has been paid so theoretically the club owns the ground. However as Evans owns 87% of the club he could dispose of it as he sees fit, with any capital raised used to pay the debt that the club owes him. How convenient then that he is charging the club the full amount of the debt the club had, NOT the far, far lower figure he acquired it for.[/quote]

basically Evans is getting "free money" from ITFC and lots of hospitality for entertaining valuable business clients. That is why he is allowing them to blow money left right and centre. When the money he as actually lent to them reaches or is close to the true figure he is owed he will pull the plug and get his money back. If they succeed in the process than all the better. This most be on of the only guys in the business world that has managed to aquire a company that even with terrible performance he is going to make a mint. Only in football and only the binners could let that happen!

From an objective point of view are they really that bad? Im not upto speed on finances, so am interested to here if its bad as you guys make out, or if your just trying to wind up the Ipswich fans on here.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]From an objective point of view are they really that bad? Im not upto speed on finances, so am interested to here if its bad as you guys make out, or if your just trying to wind up the Ipswich fans on here.
[/quote]Most of the posts on this thread are factual Trent, notice the lack of rebuttal from the Ipswich fans on here.

the point is penquin he is NOT allowing them to "blow money left right and centre"

- that is why they had to loan out three of their top earners last winter to be able to bring in two sunderland reserves

- that is why Clegg has repeatedly stated that players will have to be sold or got rid of to raise funds to pay for any incoming players

- why staff sackings and further cost cutting saved them £300,000 the season before ........... hardly "blowing money left right and centre2

- that is why no new players have, so far, joined

Evans does have the use of all the facilities. he does have a debt of in excess of £40m that provides a fair amount to set against profit made in other parts of the group.

When you compare who he appointed as chief executive it hardly points to someone too bothered about the football side of things.

I doubt very much he could have acquired a stadium and training ground for the few millions he has put up, nor do I believe when it suits he will not be able to recoup that money by flogging off the bits that he no longer needs.

It''s called asset stripping. So blindingly obvious that you would have to be terminally thick, or from suffolk, not to see it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City penguin"]

Granted you have a training ground so lets say 7 million and be generous. [/quote]

No mate, they sold the training ground to RBS in 2007 for £1million in leiu of debts.They don''t actually own anything.[/quote]Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Trent

Nothing that can''t be verified, try -

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=15501

http://www.itfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1181533,00.html

I''m just shocked that people on here are regarding this as some kind of stunning revelation. It''s all out there. Put out quite publically, surely you must have read the reports of the paupers accounts released last Oct ? Or how Evans acquired the club for £3.9m then lent it a further £8.1m to keep it afloat ?

Any thing you can''t find just ask.

[quote user="City1st"]''m just shocked that people on here are regarding this as some kind of stunning revelation. It''s all out there. Put out quite publically, surely you must have read the reports of the paupers accounts released last Oct ? Or how Evans acquired the club for £3.9m then lent it a further £8.1m to keep it afloat ?

Any thing you can''t find just ask.[/quote]Nope cant say im particularly concerned by Ipswich, especially as we havent been in the same division as them this season. And the year before last I was out of the country most of the year.The only place I really read it about it is on here, obviously Norwich fans arent in the best position to be unbiased! Even debates about our own board/finances have so many different stories and versions of events attached to them, any conversation with Tangie and ANother usually shows this.But seeing as though our friends from down the road have gone quiet ill take your collective words for it.

[quote user="City1st"]Ricardo

It was mortgaged to Bank of Scotland before the club was handed over to Evans.

Last season''s accounts state that the £1m has been paid so theoretically the club owns the ground. However as Evans owns 87% of the club he could dispose of it as he sees fit, with any capital raised used to pay the debt that the club owes him.

How convenient then that he is charging the club the full amount of the debt the club had, NOT the far, far lower figure he acquired it for.[/quote]I stand corrected.

And City1st''s specialised subject is Ipswich Town. You have a really unhealthy obsession with Ipswich, I wouldn''t want to be your partner when you split up, you''ll be a right wierdo stalker....

errr, there''s a slight difference in posting on a website, when you are bored at work and overly concerning yourself in your own time

I presume this is NOT your free time either -

and that reading all of my posts is considered a healthy obsession by you

[quote user="City1st"]the point is penquin he is NOT allowing them to "blow money left right and centre" - that is why they had to loan out three of their top earners last winter to be able to bring in two sunderland reserves - that is why Clegg has repeatedly stated that players will have to be sold or got rid of to raise funds to pay for any incoming players - why staff sackings and further cost cutting saved them £300,000 the season before ........... hardly "blowing money left right and centre2 - that is why no new players have, so far, joined Evans does have the use of all the facilities. he does have a debt of in excess of £40m that provides a fair amount to set against profit made in other parts of the group. When you compare who he appointed as chief executive it hardly points to someone too bothered about the football side of things. I doubt very much he could have acquired a stadium and training ground for the few millions he has put up, nor do I believe when it suits he will not be able to recoup that money by flogging off the bits that he no longer needs. It''s called asset stripping. So blindingly obvious that you would have to be terminally thick, or from suffolk, not to see it.[/quote]

they have officially bit over 3 million for chopra, that is blowing money. All this stuff about we need to be sensible, cut costs is due to two reasons. One they realise that if they are a little more humble other clubs wont take them to the cleaners regarding transfer fees, secondly some binners were cottoning on to the fact they could be in a bit of a state so this new sensible approach should keep the doubters away for a while.

Yes the lack of ipswich replys when clearly there are many reading shows deep down they know its not all golden and money pots sitting in the cellars of Portman road.

PS how much is keane on a week?

Looking at the date when MEI took over Ipswich the Championship must have looked a diffferent prospect. The huge increase in the amounts paid to Prem clubs and the equally massive parachute payments now look set to make entry to the top division even harder. Evans must have considered the buying up of Ipswich''s debt and a lump towards players a great punt. I wonder what he thinks now after Keane appears to have wasted a great deal of the transfer fund and any additional cash looking like peanuts compared to what Burnley and Portsmouth might have.

The reason I''ve not bothered to respond to this thread is because generally it''s just a bitchy non-conductive collection of rambles which really does not need a response.  However as you want a response, I''ll give you considered answers to a few of the more sensible points discussed, as a shareholder:

1. No debt is repayable to ME until 5 consecutive seasons in the PL.

2. If ME sells, then all the debt is cleared - the ME group takes the hit on the debt coverage they took over from the banks above the purchase price. The debt cannot be transferred to a third party.  Part of the deal required by shareholders to prevent a cut and run "asset stripping" takeover by the ME group.

3. The club still owns the training ground.

4. He is running the club as a business rather than as a blind open cheque book, so each dept has to run prudently. It will be a balance to keeping losses down but needing to get into the PL to have a chance of getting his investment back longer term.

[quote user="Blue"]

1. No debt is repayable to ME until 5 consecutive seasons in the PL.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that Evans holds 75% of Ipswich Town FC.?

If so then surely he can change the position regarding the debt repayment, even if a special resolution is required.

Oh dear.....