Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Huge ipswich signing imminent !

Right I sort of get it. If Ipswich fail to win promotion this season then all the money on keane, chopra, sunderland rejects etc, would have been wasted meaning a hell of a lot of debt. So then Marcus Evans will tell Clegg to sell lots of players, make people redundant, etc, and then Evans will do one, leaving Ipswich in a huge financial struggle with no money at all and then could face admin.

Am I now correct?

I reckon so

I love this idea that a Binner with over 260 posts on a Norwich City web forum, accuses a Norwich City supporter of a fixation with the opposition. Surely that is beyond belief? Throw in a couple of "inbred" jokes and you''ve got someone who possibly should ask his mother to iron him a shirt and go out and find a life. Great isn''t it?

And to think that ITFC are in a strong position because if Evans sells the club he writes off his debt! Fantastic economic theory from the boys in blue. This is better than the Lib Con pact or whatever it is called these days.

Maybe bluemike would like to be chancellor and Govenor of the Bank of England at the same time.

His financial knowledge seems second to none

Just remind me, how much is your debt again ? 23 million at the last count wasnt it ? And no investor in place, all this with your bigger crowds too, that must be a concern to you all ?

[quote user="WOTB"]Right I sort of get it. If Ipswich fail to win promotion this season then all the money on keane, chopra, sunderland rejects etc, would have been wasted meaning a hell of a lot of debt. So then Marcus Evans will tell Clegg to sell lots of players, make people redundant, etc, and then Evans will do one, leaving Ipswich in a huge financial struggle with no money at all and then could face admin. Am I now correct? I reckon so[/quote]

Good, good!

Also I have heard that the debt is Marcus Evans'' and isn''t actually Ipswich''s but I have also heard Ipswich owe a lot of money to Marcus Evans!  I am confused.  Can someone please enlighten me on their debt situation!?  I fing it quite ammusing!

[quote user="bluemike"]Just remind me, how much is your debt again ? 23 million at the last count wasnt it ? And no investor in place, all this with your bigger crowds too, that must be a concern to you all ? [/quote]Not worried at all. We''re a club on the up, and our majority shareholders are actually fans, so will always do whats best for the club.Also we own our ground, always nice to have assets.[:)]

[quote user="bluemike"]Just remind me, how much is your debt again ? 23 million at the last count wasnt it ? And no investor in place, all this with your bigger crowds too, that must be a concern to you all ?
[/quote]

no because we are actually reducing our debt, unlike you increasing it and allowing evans to offset tax against profits elsewhere in his group. He is doing this as he knows ipswich will pay him the money back at some point to its a basic tax operation wich he is going to benefit massivly.

Our ground an asset valued at 30million far outweighs our debts so we are not in any trouble realisticly. Where as you have only a few sunderland flops as assets to sell when the banks and evans come calling. Our debt is also for ground expansion so is in effect like a mortgage and is being repaid. So our debt is very manageable but if evans leaves you, no assets to sell, no way of repaying debt and insolvency and bankruptcy for ITFC.

I''m confused. I thought Marcus Evans had broken cover last season?

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Ipswichfan.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="WOTB"]Right I sort of get it. If Ipswich fail to win promotion this season then all the money on keane, chopra, sunderland rejects etc, would have been wasted meaning a hell of a lot of debt. So then Marcus Evans will tell Clegg to sell lots of players, make people redundant, etc, and then Evans will do one, leaving Ipswich in a huge financial struggle with no money at all and then could face admin. Am I now correct? I reckon so[/quote]

Good, good!

Also I have heard that the debt is Marcus Evans'' and isn''t actually Ipswich''s but I have also heard Ipswich owe a lot of money to Marcus Evans!  I am confused.  Can someone please enlighten me on their debt situation!?  I fing it quite ammusing!

[/quote]To put it simply Ipswich tahn Football Club a company owned by Marcus Evans owes a whole lot of money to a bloke called Marcus Evans. So long as enough money comes into the tahn coffers each year then Marcus Evans can pay Marcus Evans his handsome interest payments and dividends and Marcus Evans gets to use Marcus Evans''s facilities for other business purposes as part of the deal. When there''s no more money left at the tahn then Marcus Evans can force Marcus Evans to sell off any assets the club has to repay himself the £32m debt (which he bought for about 20% of face value). If by some miracle the tahn get promoted into the premiership then Marcus Evans can repay Marcus Evans the entire sum claimed as debt ie the full £32m not the £6m he paid leaving Marcus Evans with a massive profit on the debt purchase deal and Marcus Evans with a football club which he can then sell at a massive profit.I guess in a village where negotiating a business deal normally involves standing on the street corner haggling over the price it is unsurprising that nobody south of the border noticed how often the name Marcus Evans popped up in the contractual paperwork. [:D] [:D]

Buckethead: Why dont you worry about your club because you clearly have no idea how ours works! what you say is pure fiction and made up just to make you THINK that we are in trouble! He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra.

If finances were so tight and if evens was so concerned on spending more why would he allow the club to keep on spending.

Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium!

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]Buckethead: Why dont you worry about your club because you clearly have no idea how ours works! what you say is pure fiction and made up just to make you THINK that we are in trouble! He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra.

If finances were so tight and if evens was so concerned on spending more why would he allow the club to keep on spending.

Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium![/quote]Fabricated reports, that resulted in significant damages being paid to the Club. Just FYI.

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]Buckethead: Why dont you worry about your club because you clearly have no idea how ours works! what you say is pure fiction and made up just to make you THINK that we are in trouble! He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra.

Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium![/quote]I''ll approach this logically, hopefully this will make it easier for you to understand.Right the report that we were going into administration in the National newspaper was FALSE.There was no substance to it and the newspaper involved had to apologise and pay us damages.Unlike each time the national papers reported that Ipswich were going into administration.[:D]Now why would he allow the club to keep on spending?Well effectively since he owns the club he controls the repayment of any money put in by himself. He will have a net worth pencilled in for your club and so long as his loans don''t exceed this figure he will know that he can always ensure he gets his money back. He can have a little punt at team building quite safely by keeping his entire cumul;ative investment below the net worth of your club. Mind you this isn''t the first year a transfer season has started with big money boasts and concluded with some pretty crappy business for your club is it? i suggest you don''t start counting your transfer spend until each deal is concluded to avoid disappointment.You lot just seem to struggle with the concept that since Marcus Evans owns ipswich FC, each time Marcus Evans lends ITFC some money he is actually lending it to himself you''d have to be really thick not to understand that he is thus in a position to repay himself on pretty well his own terms.And thank you for your concern, I do worry about my club we''ve made some major improvements but Doomcasters legacy will sadly be with us for years but please don''t think that I''m worried about yours, I''m not I think it''s hilarious how ME has you sewn up and possibly the funniest part of the whole deal is enjoying that most of you still can''t see it so still have a rather large and unpleasant surprise in store the day ME get''s fed up and wants his money back: All £32m plus of it!!!!!!  [:D] [:D] [:D]

Yes as someone said, Marcus Evans is a very clever business man. As such he has thoroughly hedged his investment in tahn. He will make a profit whether promotion happens or not. This hedging comes from the fact that he managed to buy the debt for a fraction of its value.

He WILL make a larger profit in the premiership, that is certain. He may as well chase that if it doesn''t lose him money.

Currently the return in any eventuality is sufficiently large that he can invest further money in tahn, in the knowledge that he will get it back whatever, and the return on the investment is still good. They are certainly helped by the current economic climate which means competing investments have low returns at the moment.

Eventually Evans will reach a tipping point, where the return on his current investment in the club is the same as it would be in another investment. This will be limited of course by the total worth of tahn as well as the length of time he has owned tahn (as the hedge profits will get no larger) and how competing investments are doing.

When that happens he will leave, and if promotion has not been achieved, tahn will be screwed - he could call in the debt, he could call in the debt bit by bit over five years making tiny profits selling any player of worth and then call in the rest. What won''t happen after this point is him putting more money in to get tahn promoted. Not only does this day draw closer every season without going up, every "big money" signing brings it closer as well.

[quote]He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he

allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra.[/quote]Because it makes him money.  More money spent by ITFC, more debt owed to Evans, more interest to charge on the debt ?Is that simple enough for even you ?

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]Really m8! well personnally i''ll take the one whose taking on all of the clubs debt and piling in 10s of millions in order to get the club where it belongs![/quote]

As you cant seem to grasp the concept,evans is gambling with your club and even if it does pay off,and you make it to the prem,you will still have to pay him s###loads of wonga out of the prem money! by that time god knows what the accured debt will be on all fronts..If the gamble fails,then he will cut his losses! ...Then perhaps you will be where your club belongs..Blue square

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]Buckethead: Why dont you worry about your club because you clearly have no idea how ours works! what you say is pure fiction and made up just to make you THINK that we are in trouble! He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra. If finances were so tight and if evens was so concerned on spending more why would he allow the club to keep on spending. Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium![/quote]

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]Buckethead: Why dont you worry about your club because you clearly have no idea how ours works! what you say is pure fiction and made up just to make you THINK that we are in trouble! He''s one of the most intelligent businessmen going, so why would he allow the club to keep on spending? e.g offering 4M for chopra. If finances were so tight and if evens was so concerned on spending more why would he allow the club to keep on spending. Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium![/quote][/quote]

Read lappinups post m8! ...This spending seems to me like the last throw of the dice.

Chopra in for 4m...connor wickham out for 8m. not bad biz. they would be able to keep hold of CW for long so why not cash in for a proven championship striker.

lets hope chopra gets injured in pre season for...er? 10 months.

May I make an exception to my rule of no criticism of spelling but WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC has thrown in a couple of blinders here: EVENS rather than Evans

ADMINISTARTION rather than administration

Please tell the teacher that you need more lessons in spelling or at least to buy a dictionary so you don''t get made to look silly next time you play with the big boys.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]May I make an exception to my rule of no criticism of spelling but WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC has thrown in a couple of blinders here: EVENS rather than Evans ADMINISTARTION rather than administration Please tell the teacher that you need more lessons in spelling or at least to buy a dictionary so you don''t get made to look silly next time you play with the big boys.[/quote]

Probably his subconcious trying to tell him something...EVENS/ADMIN...

I have to say that I have learned quite a lot about the bones of this whole Marcus Evans thingy from what people have said, and has gone unchallenged by the bluenoses, so I will have to assume its mostly factual.Its not quite the golden ticket that a lot of them clearly thought it was, maybe with a better manager it all could have been different!The concept of him spending more money, so that the club owes that money right back to him has frankly astounded me lol.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Boyo"]

Good, good!

[/quote]

To put it simply Ipswich tahn Football Club a company owned by Marcus Evans owes a whole lot of money to a bloke called Marcus Evans. So long as enough money comes into the tahn coffers each year then Marcus Evans can pay Marcus Evans his handsome interest payments and dividends and Marcus Evans gets to use Marcus Evans''s facilities for other business purposes as part of the deal. When there''s no more money left at the tahn then Marcus Evans can force Marcus Evans to sell off any assets the club has to repay himself the £32m debt (which he bought for about 20% of face value). If by some miracle the tahn get promoted into the premiership then Marcus Evans can repay Marcus Evans the entire sum claimed as debt ie the full £32m not the £6m he paid leaving Marcus Evans with a massive profit on the debt purchase deal and Marcus Evans with a football club which he can then sell at a massive profit.

I guess in a village where negotiating a business deal normally involves standing on the street corner haggling over the price it is unsurprising that nobody south of the border noticed how often the name Marcus Evans popped up in the contractual paperwork. [:D] [:D]

[/quote]

So basically Ipswich owe Marcus Evans money and they can only pay it back if they get promoted which is why they really want Chopra.  But if Ipswich don''t go up Evans will sell lots of assets to try and get his money back and then sell the club for a profit leaving the club in a dire state!!!  Either way Evans gains out of this but if it all goes wrong Evans still gains whilst the Taaaahn are left struggling!

haha! Woops![:p]

[quote user="morty"]I have to say that I have learned quite a lot about the bones of this whole Marcus Evans thingy from what people have said, and has gone unchallenged by the bluenoses, so I will have to assume its mostly factual.[/quote]It has gone rather quiet from them Morty, they''re probably walking around Town proudly sporting their replica shirts with Marcus Evans emblazoned on them even though they haven''t a clue what he looks like. [:S]

[quote user="WICKHAM IS MAGIC"]Also we wernt the club who had reports in national newspapers saying we were going into administartion, saying you had to sell your stadium![/quote]Oh dear, City1st is dead right about you lot not being very bright. The national newspaper concerned was forced to apologise for printing this crap and we were awarded damages and costs. But most amazing of all is that you find it funny when you think we have to sell our stadium..........

...........When you dont even own one. [:D]

If these were Marcus Evans real intentions then;

1. surely he would of been out by now due to amount the club had already spent.

2.THE DEBT IS HIS NOT THE FOORBALL CLUB''S!

MARCUS EVANS OWES WHOEVER 38M

NOT IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB!

3. When he brought the club and AGREED TO TAKE THE DEBT, he and the club agreed that he could not sell untill the club was making a profit, thus eliminating the chances of the club being left with nothing.

I SUPPOSE IT''S HARD WHEN YOUR RIVALS ARE SPENDING £4M ON ONE PLAYER, WHICH IS ABOUT TWICE THE BUDGET FOR YOUR WHOLE SQUAD! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Also while im here, havant you noticed the FACT that town fans have kept the faith with Keane, we arnt a club who just sack and hope for the best, it works in the short term but has no long term effect e.g. Narwich, QPR. some of the countries greatest managers all were given time, like... i dunno.... a certain SIR ALF RAMSEY and errr... SIR BOBBY ROBSON

a) Your clubs'' business model is pretty much based around the question "Is Marcus Evans a nice man who does altruistic things for the good of mankind ?". How much do you know about him ? Good luck with that...

b) This is how you put Keane in the same sentence as Ramsey and Robson :

Roy Keane is not fit to clean the boots of Sir Alf Ramsey or Sir Bobby Robson.

[quote user="WICKHAM-IS-MAGIC"]If these were Marcus Evans real intentions then; 1. surely he would of been out by now due to amount the club had already spent. 2.THE DEBT IS HIS NOT THE FOORBALL CLUB''S! MARCUS EVANS OWES WHOEVER 38M NOT IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB! 3. When he brought the club and AGREED TO TAKE THE DEBT, he and the club agreed that he could not sell untill the club was making a profit, thus eliminating the chances of the club being left with nothing. I SUPPOSE IT''S HARD WHEN YOUR RIVALS ARE SPENDING £4M ON ONE PLAYER, WHICH IS ABOUT TWICE THE BUDGET FOR YOUR WHOLE SQUAD! HAHAHAHAHAHA Also while im here, havant you noticed the FACT that town fans have kept the faith with Keane, we arnt a club who just sack and hope for the best, it works in the short term but has no long term effect e.g. Narwich, QPR. some of the countries greatest managers all were given time, like... i dunno.... a certain SIR ALF RAMSEY and errr... SIR BOBBY ROBSON[/quote]

You sound just like my mate!  Whats your name?  Or if you don''t want to say that, your interests and then I will work it out whether you are who I think you are!

My mate has told me everything that you just said time and time again!  Mosting of it living in the past!