Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Huge ipswich signing imminent !

Apparently Mr Clegg hopes to announce the 13,000th binner season ticket sold *

In a press release after lunch the binneer supremo has said that this is splendid news. It could mean Mr Roy will have a massive boost to the player fund. Almost enough for new bootlaces for the whole squad - assuming a least half a dozen more leave.

It could mean the proposed closing of the South Stand will not need to go ahead.as half the ground could be filled on match days.

Hooray for the binners !

* expected mid august

LOLZORS!!!111!!!11Hey City1st, what will you have to say when Chopra finalises his move? I guess the £4M figure is incorrect and it''s actually Monopoly money?

At least Chopra will be able to play in front of one big crowd when he visits Carrow Road next season.

Portmanking, I''d say it''s another £4m on your debt. That''ll push you over the £50m mark won''t it?

[quote user="Penfold"]Portmanking, I''d say it''s another £4m on your debt. That''ll push you over the £50m mark won''t it?[/quote]Yeah but who cares, they wont have to worry about that for a few years yet, it''s all about the here and now right Portmanking?

[quote user="Penfold"]Portmanking, I''d say it''s another £4m on your debt. That''ll push you over the £50m mark won''t it?[/quote]

Isn''t it amazing how loads of Ipswich fans think they are absolutely loaded and keep saying the debt isn''t actually theirs.  They really are stupid.  Can''t they realise that they are just a small club who despite having a bit of money have even more debt!

And anyway, if theres one man who can make a flop out of Chopra it''s Keane!

How is money for a transfer adding to the debt? The £36M debt we do have is now attributed to the Marcus Evans Group - Evans cannot take a profit out of the club until the club makes a profit for 5 consecutive years. As we''ve been through already it is in his interest to get the club promoted so that is why we are making ambitious moves of this ilk.

[quote user="portmanking"]How is money for a transfer adding to the debt? The £36M debt we do have is now attributed to the Marcus Evans Group - Evans cannot take a profit out of the club until the club makes a profit for 5 consecutive years. As we''ve been through already it is in his interest to get the club promoted so that is why we are making ambitious moves of this ilk.[/quote]And what do you expect will happen once that huge debt that has been growing and growing becomes payable once you eventually reach the Premiership?Look at Pompey, they paid big to win big and once they won big it practically killed the club. 

[quote user="portmanking"]How is money for a transfer adding to the debt? The £36M debt we do have is now attributed to the Marcus Evans Group - Evans cannot take a profit out of the club until the club makes a profit for 5 consecutive years. As we''ve been through already it is in his interest to get the club promoted so that is why we are making ambitious moves of this ilk.
[/quote]

Ambitious move number 1:  Appoint Roy Keane = Fail.

Ambitious move number 2:  Sign Sunderland rejects = Fail.

Ambitious move number 3: Sign Chopra = ??? Who knows, but I can take a guess!  As I said before, if theres one man who can make a flop out of Chopra, its Keane.

Like I said, when it does become payable it won''t be a problem as we will have been making a profit for 5 consecutive seasons...This is nothing like Pompey - Evans is tied into the club and if he ever decided to sell the club the debt would be relinquished.

Chopra will be a half decent signing but I don''t rate him that highly, £4 million is too much and the fact remains that however much you spend on big money signings if you are managed by a c*** who the players dislike then it is unlikely to get you promotion anytime soon.

Signing Sunderland rejects - Grant Leadbitter would walk into your team any day of the week, while Carlos Edwards on his day would also be one of the best wingers in the division. Managers make dud signings - Priskin and Martin appear to be the high profile failures, but I could go through a list of Paul Lambert''s signings and pick holes in them - people in glass houses and all that...

[quote user="portmanking"]How is money for a transfer adding to the debt? The £36M debt we do have is now attributed to the Marcus Evans Group - Evans cannot take a profit out of the club until the club makes a profit for 5 consecutive years. As we''ve been through already it is in his interest to get the club promoted so that is why we are making ambitious moves of this ilk.
[/quote]

Evans is taking £1m plus in interest out of the club every year whilst adding to the debts!

Well I don''t know what you think but I won''t lose sleep about giving him £1m next season if we make £90m this time next year....

[quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Ambitious move number 1:  Appoint Roy Keane = Fail.

Ambitious move number 2:  Sign Sunderland rejects = Fail.

Ambitious move number 3: Sign Chopra = ??? Who knows, but I can take a guess!  As I said before, if theres one man who can make a flop out of Chopra, its Keane.

[/quote]

He already has! 1 goal in every 5 games for Sunderland!

[quote user="portmanking"]Well I don''t know what you think but I won''t lose sleep about giving him £1m next season if we make £90m this time next year....
[/quote]

I would accept that if you keep throwing enough money at it then sooner or later you are likely to get promoted. Guess it just depends on how much he has milked the club for in the meantime and how much that debt has grown by the time he gets you up.

Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.

[quote user="portmanking"]Well I don''t know what you think but I won''t lose sleep about giving him £1m next season if we make £90m this time next year....[/quote]Oh dear.You''ve now made clear the depth of your delusion.

[quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.[/quote]Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.[/quote]Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.[:)][/quote]Of course he has deep pockets - you do know he failed to buy out the Daily Mirror for £800m a few years ago don''t you?The terms of the takeover were 100% visible to all shareholders so we''ve known all along about the 5-year profit plan. You''re right people don''t get rich by being stupid, but he knows we must speculate to accumulate in some areas of our team.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.[/quote]Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.[:)][/quote]Of course he has deep pockets - you do know he failed to buy out the Daily Mirror for £800m a few years ago don''t you?The terms of the takeover were 100% visible to all shareholders so we''ve known all along about the 5-year profit plan. You''re right people don''t get rich by being stupid, but he knows we must speculate to accumulate in some areas of our team.[/quote]No, I didn''t know he was that rich to be honest.Are there not a certain amount of fans suspicious of all his secrecy though? I think I would be.

[quote user="portmanking"]Well I don''t know what you think but I won''t lose sleep about giving him £1m next season if we make £90m this time next year....
[/quote]But all money goes to Evans...............not you!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.[/quote]Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.[:)][/quote]Of course he has deep pockets - you do know he failed to buy out the Daily Mirror for £800m a few years ago don''t you?The terms of the takeover were 100% visible to all shareholders so we''ve known all along about the 5-year profit plan. You''re right people don''t get rich by being stupid, but he knows we must speculate to accumulate in some areas of our team.[/quote]No, I didn''t know he was that rich to be honest.Are there not a certain amount of fans suspicious of all his secrecy though? I think I would be.[/quote]Do a Google search for Marcus Evans Daily Mirror if you are that way inclined.Some people are suspicious, others understand why he likes his anonymity. He talks in the programmes and on the website now and then outlining his views and outlook - very much in the same mould as Randy Lerner at Aston Villa who prefers to be in the periphery.I for one would rather this than someone stealing the spotlight and meddling.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.
[/quote]

Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.

Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.

But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.

[:)]
[/quote]

Of course he has deep pockets - you do know he failed to buy out the Daily Mirror for £800m a few years ago don''t you?

The terms of the takeover were 100% visible to all shareholders so we''ve known all along about the 5-year profit plan.

You''re right people don''t get rich by being stupid, but he knows we must speculate to accumulate in some areas of our team.
[/quote]

Erm i think you might find the 5 year plan relates to cashing in the preference shares and not repayment of the debts. Wonder how far that £40 million of sky revenue would go in the first season if ME takes his £36 million back!

Of course you would still be left in the prem and with parachute payments for when you come back down again but Evans may have more than doubled his money in under 5 years!

http://www.ipswichtownfirst.co.uk/viewnews.asp?id=215

"Should the club achieve promotion to the Premier League, then the proposed takeover could prove very lucrative for Marcus Evans as he will be able to receive repayment for the preference shares and the outstanding debt plus accrued interest. However, is that a bad thing?

He is taking a risk as there is no certainty that the club will achieve promotion over the next few years, let alone this season, and we live in a culture where risk-taking should be rewarded. Plus the club is in a dire financial position and desperately needs to refinance its balance sheet."

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]Agreed - but as I have already said twice, Sheepshanks organised the deal so that Evans can only make money out of the club once it has made a profit for 5 consecutive years, stopping Evans doing a runner with all the money if we were to get promotion next May. The only way we can realistically make money is by being in the top flight.
[/quote]

Evans either has very, very deep pockets then, or theres things that you don''t know about the deal.

Or maybe he is a genuine fan, who wants you promoted at any cost, I guess it could happen.

But rich people don''t get rich by being stupid with their money.

[:)]
[/quote]

Of course he has deep pockets - you do know he failed to buy out the Daily Mirror for £800m a few years ago don''t you?

The terms of the takeover were 100% visible to all shareholders so we''ve known all along about the 5-year profit plan.

You''re right people don''t get rich by being stupid, but he knows we must speculate to accumulate in some areas of our team.
[/quote]

I guess lottery winners can be stupid but some people can just  have a brilliant business brain.My old boss was just like Basil Fawlty but was absolutely loaded and knew how to make money on other peoples hard graft .I still find it astonishing that that geezer at Swaffham ( Mike Carroll i think his name was ) spunked away 9 million.Why didn''t he just bank it  and then take out 500 quid spending money every week?

Utter bobbins - the money goes to the club, it is not Marcus Evans Group FC...Evans can only take a profit from the club after five consecutive years making a profitIf anything, Evans will be glad to have the debt as he can offset the debt via tax.