Sign in to follow this  
|BA

Norwich City Supporters in Oz

Yep, I  live in Bardon. Been here for a year and a half. My last game was the 2-3 against Forest at the end of Roeder. I''ve seen a fair few Norwich fans at Brisbane Roar games (none Ipswich by the way) and it should be a laugh next season with Theokolitos in goal. There''s a Facebook group as well, Canaries in Oz I think, which I was in until I sacked my Facebook account.

Hello, Im here on the central coast, been here a year and loving it, just wish i could go watch Norwich at Fratton park in the new season. Anyone else from this way?

Melbourne Based myself. Loving it here. Starting to get a bit cold now though - 5 degrees this morning! You don''t get that on the central coast do you?!

Refuse to watch M. Victory due to Muscat captaining them. Can''t stand the bloke! Looking forward to the introduction of M. Heart so i''ve got a team down here to follow. I''ll stick to the AFL for now...

Down below in the big state tassie been here for years. Communications via canaries world brilliant not like the early days of BBC overseas service on short wave radio with antenna wire fixed to the curtain rail to get a signal and then only in the middle of the night. Pity Muscat missed out of the winning world cup team.

I''ve got a couple of Oz based guys in my Norwich City mad League. They''re not City fans yet, but i''m working on it. At least they''ve heard of the Canaries now!

http://www.xperteleven.com/leagueInfo.aspx?Lid=143828&dh=4

I am returming to Oz on 23rd June to live in South Perth, W.A. I used to live in Herston(Q''land) years ago and work in Ipswich (dreaded word!)

I am lucky as I manage to get back to Norwich each year and watch part of the season.

There was a guy out East who ran "Canaries in Australia" some years ago and I held a membership card but unfortunately he required renewal each year which was a pain. (five year memberships are far more sensible). My son, who lives in NSW, was a member, This guy, or his mate, turned up in the Gunn Club three or four years ago but in the crush I did not get to meet him.

I saw a guy wearing an old Norwich City FC shirt at a Perth Glory some years ago and two Ipswich supporters on a train once (when the Glory Ground was moved) but there does not seem too many who support the "budgie" for very long,

Still as I have said for many years Australia is a Continent not a country with 1/3rd the population of England in an area bigger than the size of Europe. Small wonder the Norwich fan takes some looking for.

I saw Chris Kamara on Queen St Mall in Brisbane last winter!

I reckon since I''ve been here I''ve bumped into at least 5 other Norwich fans. My old neighbour supports Sheffield United

I''m down in Melbourne.  I''ve actually seen a few people wearing City shirts here, I was always in too much of a hurry to say hello though.

[quote user="Dog Called Flecky"]Northern Suburbs of perth here been here for 10 years went back 6 years ago to get married at Carrow rd[/quote]

What age group are you in Dog? Maybe we could have a beer in CDB. I use an office by His Maj.

Back in april some of my extended family where in melbourne on holiday for a month,and i know the kids wore there shirts [:D] i remember my time in Rockhampton back in 2003 i was catching a train to Brisbane and i met an aussie guy who was wearing a norwich base ball cap with the faded badge ...............he didn''t know our support Norwich he just liked the green and yellow hat.........kept the sun off so he said! happy days [:D]

Ryan Broad who plays for the Queensland Bulls (the State''s premier cricket team) supports Norwich!

I used to play cricket with Ryan Broad, he was the overseas guy at Bradfield a few seasons back. Was a pretty handy all rounder if I recall!