Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Stadium expansion - new rows of seats

Yeah I think so. Remember them playing some Champions League games at the old Wembley for that reason before it closed.

BTW, don''t think there''s any regulation about how far below the pitch seats can be, I was at West Ham once and the pitch was about neck height!

Went in ticket office(mall) today and asked if my seat in front row barclay would be affected and was told No seats in lower barclay are affected only in the upper barclay

Their has always been a sort of no mans land, void space at the back of the Barclay upper tier that I''ve always thought odd cause no seats were placed there!

The front row of the Barclay isn''t the greatest view so I was thinking adding rows in front of them would prove difficult!

So it looks like the back of the upper Barclay, front of the Jarold, front of the City stand and rejigging the seating layout of the River end upper tier is where the 1100 new seats are going to come from!

I have just been told that there will be extra seats on the isle''s of the Jarrold stand & smaller seats in the River End, aparantly the River End seats are currently larger than other parts of the stadium??

They''ve removed large sections of seats in the stand at the River End, below the exits. Not sure why, will wait and see!

There is over 1100 new seats being added which will take the capacity up to around 27200, should mean that for the scum and other big games we will end up with an attendance of around 26,800.

"Reconfiguring seats" what does that mean? Im guessing its jus sticking seats closer to eachother which will make it even tighter between people in seats. This need for putting more seats does beg the question why the hell did we build that stupid hotel in the corner for? With a stand in the corner and shoving these new seats in the existing stands we probably could have got the capacity up to about 30,000. I mean we could have put another stand in there pretty much identical to the community stand and that could have been what an extra 2000 or so seats at least. Correct me if im wrong but other than the money we got from selling the land to holiday inn im guessing we dont get any of the money they make. I know Wolves stick a temporary structure which is probably pretty cheap and it holds about a 1000 or so in one of there corners whenever they get in the premiership and all their fans suddenly flock back to come an watch them again. Or even if not we could of built a similar stand to the community stand. I know it would cost a bit but if you could get a sponsor involved and with ticket sales you would eventually make the money back. Im guessing this was probably another one of Neil Doomcasters fantastic decisions to sell the land in that corner to holiday inn

[quote user="ncfc4life"]"Reconfiguring seats" what does that mean? Im guessing its jus sticking seats closer to eachother which will make it even tighter between people in seats.

This need for putting more seats does beg the question why the hell did we build that stupid hotel in the corner for? [/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2145396/ShowPost.aspx#2145396

How many empty seats do you think the Police would have required between the away supporters and the Barclay if a corner stand (between the Jarrold and Barclay stands) would have been built?

There is also a planning restriction that would prevent the whole area being infilled. Access to the pitch for emergency services isn''t a must for all grounds, but if one exisits then it is unlikely permission will be allowed for it to be removed. This again would cut into the amount of seats any infill could provide.

Infills are much more expensive to build per seat than normal stands due to their more complicated nature and it would take several years at least to recover the costs, the hotel provides a more sound investment for the club and a valuable asset it can sell of if times get really hard.

We could not have put a stand there as it stood then. The money received (£1.1m) was used to pay off unsecured debt - ironically the £3.5m used to build the community stand. Being unsecured meant that the debt vcould be recalled at anytime. Much as what happened with Chase whereby there had to be a sale of players.

To build a stand there would therefore be a cost of £4.5m to the club, even with a sponsor as Norwich Union in the community stand. Please explain where that money could havev come from or the £1.1m plus had the loan been called in.

The club has always stated that were there to be another stand then on a cost basis building above the main stand is cheaper.

At the moment the demand for seats is far outstripping demand. I doubt anyone would have predicted this, more so had it been set against our relegation.

The decision would have been made by the board, not one individual. That''s why it''s a board.

when i was a kid i used to go to portaloo rd to watch the likes of bobby charlton and george best , etc and would stand in the celery trench in the north stand which was eye level to the pitch,what a great place to watch a game maybe i will apply for a ticket in the front row of the jarrold, dont knock till you try it

I always reakon that if we''d of lasted more than one season in the Premiership then the hotel end would of been filled with seats with the hotel built onto the back beings we''d of had more money?

Certainly we need more seats and at the AGM Bowkett told the shareholders that within the existing stadium footprint 2-3000 extra seats can be fitted in. With just over 1000 being added this summer my calculations suggest that the rest of Bowkets 2-3000 would come from extending the Jarold stand round in front of the hotel so it met the Barclay end.

With regards to the emergency exit between the Barclay and the hotel, any corner infill would incorporate it into the design just like the Aviva Community corner infill does cause the emergency exit there is the same size as the before mentioned one.

The work this summer is a start and doesn''t put to many on the capacity figure that would make some season ticket holders revert to just being members.

I''d say the next stadium increases would probably be the Jarold/Barclay infill cause this would put up to 2000 on the capacity and again would not increase it to much so season ticket holders trhought twice about renewing. Though I''m sure this would only happen if we managed to get into the Premiership.

There is always debate over whether the Jarold stand has foundations for another tier or not. Some say it has, some say it hasn''t. If it hasn''t I''m sure it was done as a cost saving measure but it could be very short sighted if in the future we need extra capacity. Could an uper tier be built with its own foundations or could the stand be underpinned?