Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Walk for Skin 2010

Hi

As you know last year I took part in the walk for skin in aid of the Ichthyosis Support Group and the British Skin Foundation, and with your generosity raised over £700.

Myself and my 2 kids were born with the very rare condition Ichthyosis which is very rare and for which there is no cure.  We don’t get as much publicity or funding for research as others so any little that I can do is a big help.

The walk is through the centre of London on Sunday 27th June.  

Anything no matter how small would be greatly received, you can donate through my just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Handscombe or in cash.

Here are the links to the charities:  http://www.ichthyosis.org.uk and http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/Events/WalkforSkin.aspx

Many thanks in advance

Paul, Harry and Charlotte.  OTBC!!

Had a good day today and am up to £640, 85% of the way to my target.

Hopefully if it carries on like this i might be able to break through the £1,000 mark which would be amazing 

[quote user="CCEK"]done. Not far off your target now, well done.[/quote]

Thanks vrey much :)

am now up to £737 which is 98% of my target, might have to up it to £1,000  [:)]

Have reached my target now on 101%, would be great to get to a grand, with 3 weeks still til the walk

Morning

Just an update for you.  Thanks to your amazing generosity I have smashed my £750 target and am now up to £877 which is 117% of my target.

The walk is on Sunday and should be a scorching day.  The walk is around central London and Stars at St Thomas’ Hospital, crossing Westminster Bridge, go round Parliament Square, through Whitehall and the Horse Guards across the pretty flower beds of St James’ Park and end up at Buckingham Palace. From there I go past St James’s Palace and onto Piccadilly, Trafalgar Square before cruising through the streets of Soho and finishing at Fitzroy Square, which is where the British Skin Foundations head offices are.

I will take some snaps along the route and it should be a good day.

There is still time to donate and every little helps this underfunded, underpublicised condition.

www.justgiving.com/Paul-Handscombe

Thank you again all who have sponsored me from the bottom of mine and my 2 kids hearts.

Hiya

Competed the walk yesterday in temperatures topping 32 degrees, was a good day walking around the sites of Central London, took about 3 hours from start to finish and ache a bit now.

Thanks for everyone who has sponsored me am nearly up to £900 and with gift aid over £1,100.  There is still time to donate and the web page is up for a few more weeks

www.justgiving.com/Paul-Handscombe

Thanks again J Paul, Harry and Charlotte x

[quote user="Matt Juler"]We were out in the garden building a shed, was bloody boiling in the shade from about 10am! 
[/quote]

Yeah it was baking, we started about half 10 but by midday it was about 32-33 degrees, still was worth it took some good pics and raised some money, feet are still killing but would have walked double the distance if I had too.

Thanks for your donation as well Matt, much appreciated.