Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY at the World Cup with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to an extra Free Bet Thread for the World Cup.

As a reward for finishing as our top five pickers our good friends Mr Bump, Beauseant, Fonejacker, Til1010 and Scooby are going to be in charge of the £50 donatated by Tilly for a bet on the World Cup with Dixmar Racing.

They each have £10 to bet with of which they are going to bet £5 on a country to win the World Cup and the other £5 on either a six game accumulator from the group stages or six group winners.

Now all us PUPs can help by posting our thoughts on this thread for them to consider. However the final selections are totally down to our ‘Famous Five’. They have earned this right through being amazingly consistent throughout our 40 week season. In fact our “Famous Five” only got 13 wrong between them in close on 200 selections. So they have proved they are the right men for the job. We can post our thoughts to help them but there is no requirement to go with any suggestions we make.

We need the five sets of final selections to be posted next Wednesday 9th June so that I can get them to Billy on Thursday 10th June and post the odds on here before the World Cup starts on the Friday.

Now don’t forget that this Friday is our end of season PUPs get together. You should have received a PM from our great friend Lapp with the details so check your PM’s. All of you are welcome. If you need more details just PM me on here or email me at Canaryeddie@aol.com and I will get back to you. I have been asked about bringing food and I’ll leave that up to you. We will lay on biscuits & cheese with hopefully some of those famous Arrdee chipolatas and anyone else can bring a few snacks if they like but there is no requirement to do so. Billy and Angie are coming and John Landamore will be there from FONCY. And of course our great friend Kev is coming all the way from Leeds to meet as many of you as possible.

So thanks again Tilly for your generosity and good luck to Mr Bump, Beauseant, Fonejacker, Til1010 and Scooby. I’m sure everyone agrees that should you win it will merit a place on Rays line of fame. Because we all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away you Famous Five... the free bet at the World Cup is yours.......................

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, yes Norfolkchance1 £899 for the Academy,so far.

I posted this on World Cup part of site a couple of days ago, but this site could be useful for the World Cup pickers in relation to planning who might win the tournament.

http://www.castrolfootball.com/predictor/

For my money I''m going for Argentina despite Maradona being the coach, should coast through group easily and when the crunch comes the good players play well. And they certainly have those in abundance.

As for the games Italy to beat New Zealand and Brazil to beat North Korea stand out. New Zealand qualification was too easy and will be way out of depth. Be careful though North Korea don''t concede many and seem to have a very strong willed defence attitude, their recent record is OK but they haven''t played against any real quality.

Good Luck Mr Bump, Beuasant, Fonejacker, Tilly and Scooby you have all done better than the rest of us and deserve to go with your choices. I will be rooting for the games and teams you pick to win!

France, Argentina, England, Germany. Netherlands, Italy, Brazil, Spain to win their groups, good luck

It''s an honour to be considered a picker for the impending WC, I certainly didn''t expect to be in the top five when selecting the likes of MK Dongs, Gillingham and some random team in the Kuwaiti League. Need as many selections as possible, surely we can make some money for FONCY out of this.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I plan to pop along to the event.[:)][/quote]

If you get the date right.....[:P]

[/quote]I hold you at least partly responsible lol![;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I plan to pop along to the event.

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hold you at least partly responsible lol!

[;)]
[/quote]

[:D][;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I hold you at least partly responsible lol![;)][/quote]Morty, Beau tells me that we are meeting you in the Nelson - he gave me an apt description.... [:D]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I hold you at least partly responsible lol![;)][/quote]Morty, Beau tells me that we are meeting you in the Nelson - he gave me an apt description.... [:D][/quote]It should all go smoothly on Friday, I had a practise meet last night.[;)]

I fancy, england, holland, spain to win their groups.(i haven''t got the groups to hand so just remembering the groups i can)

NN, does the 6 winners have to come from the same group?!  i would guess not not can you just clear it up please - thanks.

Ill have a look at the groups tomorrow and give more of my help(if it is any use) to help win more money.

p.s. will be interesting to see who the ''FF'' pick as their WC winner. Brazil/spain/england??/argentina!

Nana - They are going to select either an accumulator of the winners of six different groups or an accumulator of six different group matches.

I agree it will be interesting to see who they pick to win the competition. There''s only a few countries ever win the World Cup. I believe the last time a new country won without it being on their own soil was Brazil in 1958. I think anyway but I''m sure someone will tell me if that''s wrong. That being the case 4/1 about Spain is ridiculously short and 16/1 about Italy looks good value.

Winners - Ill go with Argentina having seen their strikeforce, and more importantly their route to the Semis looks an easy one. At 7/1 they are better value than the likes of Spain/Brazil, and I dont feel confident enough in someone like Italy or Holland. Although 16/1 on Italy is a fantastic price.Ill go with a few matches: -Italy over New ZealandBrazil over North KoreaSpain over HondurasEngland over AlgeriaSlightly longer odds: -Argentina over GreeceSpain over ChileBest of luck guys!

[quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]Anybody know if the bridge to Nutties place is open yet?[/quote]

Yes it is Inchy.

[quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]Anybody know if the bridge to Nutties place is open yet?[/quote]

Oh Inch, I thought that was the draw bridge and he only let the priviliged few in!

A few selections for the guys to consider:

I reckon most people will go for Argentina, Spain or Brazil but I''m picking Italy to win the World Cup.

A few group matches: 

Italy to beat New Zealand

Spain to beat Honduras

Argentina to beat Greece

Holland to beat Japan

Good Luck to you all.

Nice to catch up with everyone at the meet last night.........looking forward to the Presentation evening[:D][<:o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I second that Morty and roll on the next one. [Y]

[/quote]We should do it more often, it was nice to put faces to names.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I second that Morty and roll on the next one. [Y]

[/quote]

We should do it more often, it was nice to put faces to names.

[/quote]

i had leeds canary as the man of the ''just for men'' box with blonde hair [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="morty"]Nice to meet you tonight people.[:)][/quote]

furded. [;)]

[/quote]I was disappointed that you''re not actually yellow.[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="morty"]Nice to meet you tonight people.

[/quote]

furded. [;)]

[/quote]

I was disappointed that you''re not actually yellow.

[:(]

[/quote]banana suit next time?>!

Sorry i didn''t make it, was far too tired, after revision at school half the day (IN HALF TERM!!!!!) and then was too hot, and had been busy rest of the week....i will try and make it next time [:D]

As ever, a pleasure to meet up with my fellow Pups. Also good to see that the forum lasted the evening with morty and Nana otherwise engaged!

I hope Kev and family  had a good day today , and finally,I  would not recommend Ben & Jerry''s Caramel Chew Chew as a bedtime snack.

Thanks Eddie for organising it!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As ever, a pleasure to meet up with my fellow Pups. Also good to see that the forum lasted the evening with morty and Nana otherwise engaged!

I hope Kev and family  had a good day today , and finally,I  would not recommend Ben & Jerry''s Caramel Chew Chew as a bedtime snack.

Thanks Eddie for organising it!

[/quote]

Only 6 posts were made during the night out, because me and morty were having fun talking in a real world [;)]