Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Re: Booing the other team's national anthem

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I don''t hold any bitterness towards Japanese people now as I don''t think its fair to bring up the past. We have an Irish poster on this thread doing the very same (not Irish canary) things move on but I know vfirst hand the atrocities carried out by Japanese and indeed all sides. I fully understand why people hold grudges still and its wrong to blame them if you don''t understand their hurt. Having said that wizard is right in saying that their has never been an official apology from Japan.[/quote]

Ruddy exactly Arthur.

But there has been many apologies to numerous nations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Perhaps people should look at their own mirky pasts... I hope my 30yo wife isn''t going to be forced to apologise for the acts of people 70 years ago.

Anyway I''ve finished adding to this thread on my Toshiba laptop, I''m going to watch a dvd on my Sony TV, and then drive to my local sashimi restaurant in my Mazda for dinner.

I too hope your wife doesn''t feel responsible for the acts of her government 70 years ago in the same way that young Brits should never feel the need to apologize about this countries heinous crimes of past. I don''t believe the official apologies have been said from government. Its by the by anyway but don''t hold anger with people affected by such issues. The emotion of great lose should never be judged from the outside. I know this.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Most of the players are not into it, and the few that are are into it so don''t pay attention to the crowd.

It''s tasteless, but if it enfuraites the rival fans, the JOB WELL DONE.

I wouldn''t do it, but the effect is not captured by the players, and they are the ones who really matter.

Oh say can you seeeeeeee......[/quote]What in God''s holy name are you blabbering on about, man?  This entire post makes absolutely no sense!

[/quote]

I have to agree on this one - sounds like the blabberings of a drunkard! :D

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Most of the players are not into it, and the few that are are into it so don''t pay attention to the crowd.

I wouldn''t do it, but the effect is not captured by the players, and they are the ones who really matter.

Oh say can you seeeeeeee......[/quote]What in God''s holy name are you blabbering on about, man?  This entire post makes absolutely no sense!

[/quote]

[/quote]