Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Re: Booing the other team's national anthem

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]No relevance to 22 people kicking a ball around a pitch in 2010 Unless members of your family suffered maybe....I doubt that is why they are booing, but what they done lives long in the memory of familys involved..........I know people to this day wont have a japanese TV, car etc.......might not understand unless it was your family I guess.[/quote]The japs by nature are a sadistic, whale killing race, even modern nips are. I lost a family member to those slitty eyed f**** and I would always dis-respect their anthem and flag.

[/quote]

Ban this moron now.
[/quote]Why?

For not letting a relative''s brutal, slow murder by filth go un-said?..................If thats the price David, so be it pal.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]No relevance to 22 people kicking a ball around a pitch in 2010 Unless members of your family suffered maybe....I doubt that is why they are booing, but what they done lives long in the memory of familys involved..........I know people to this day wont have a japanese TV, car etc.......might not understand unless it was your family I guess.[/quote]The japs by nature are a sadistic, whale killing race, even modern nips are. I lost a family member to those slitty eyed f**** and I would always dis-respect their anthem and flag.

[/quote]Ban this moron now.[/quote]Why?

For not letting a relative''s brutal, slow murder by filth go un-said?..................If thats the price DaIvid, so be it pal.[:|]

[/quote]If you cant see why then there really is no point trying to explain.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Taking the mickey aside, I actually completely respect Wiz''s right to bear a grudge on this particular issue.

[:)]
[/quote]

In all seriousness, it must be very tough for my grandfather''s generation (men in their 80s now, I guess) who did risk their lives fighting against another country''s war machine.  I can completely understand why grudges would be borne given some of the horrible things we do to each other in the name of conquest.
[/quote]If I was a jap I might see it differently, jews have never, forgot or forgiven German''s either, but us oldies see the world differently, when we''re dead, will others then hate the Afgans?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Ban this moron now.
[/quote]Why?

For not letting a relative''s brutal, slow murder by filth go un-said?..................If thats the price DaIvid, so be it pal.[:|]

[/quote]

If you cant see why then there really is no point trying to explain.
[/quote]If you can''t understand my pain..................ditto.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]If you cant see why then there really is no point trying to explain.[/quote]To be fair, that is a p1ss-poor argument. What you''re basically saying is: "I don''t really know why I dislike this guys comments, yet I feel the need to jump on this particular bandwagon and let him know what a horrible individual he really is. But if i get challenged as to why? Well, I can just try to make myself look even smarter, by suggesting that they''re too old and stupid to understand.........."Seriously Larry. That''s weak......

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]If you cant see why then there really is no point trying to explain.[/quote]To be fair, that is a p1ss-poor argument. What you''re basically saying is: "I don''t really know why I dislike this guys comments, yet I feel the need to jump on this particular bandwagon and let him know what a horrible individual he really is. But if i get challenged as to why? Well, I can just try to make myself look even smarter, by suggesting that they''re too old and stupid to understand.........."Seriously Larry. That''s weak......[/quote]Okay, as I have nothing better to do.Wizard referred to the Japanese race as "Nips" and "Slitty Eyed F*cks". We are in the year 2010, a whole seventy years after WW2 broke out. The majority of the Japanese race are educated, forward thinking individuals at the forefront of technology architecture and design who have the the most part paid for the heinous sins committed by their troops in the 1930''s and 1950''s. Yet, our resident racist from Lowestoft has overlooked this and insulted them in the lowest possible way by having cheap shots at their natural appearance. It should not be tolerated in any form  of society, let alone a football messageboard.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Larry David"]If you cant see why then there really is no point trying to explain.[/quote]To be fair, that is a p1ss-poor argument. What you''re basically saying is: "I don''t really know why I dislike this guys comments, yet I feel the need to jump on this particular bandwagon and let him know what a horrible individual he really is. But if i get challenged as to why? Well, I can just try to make myself look even smarter, by suggesting that they''re too old and stupid to understand.........."Seriously Larry. That''s weak......[/quote]And hating an entire nation due the actions of some of their countrymen, the majority of whom are long since dead, is a strong argument? If Wiz simply argued that he could never forgive those who took part in the death of his relative, either directly or indirectly, then nobody would criticise him. But rather than that he chooses to pour scorn not only on these people but also their children, their childrens children and all future generations. He knows he''s in the wrong which is why he includes further guff about tigers, whales and pollution to try and make him seem more reasonable.

And the massive contribution to improving the general quality of life of the entire population through Japanese technological advances/developments which include (more tangibly) consumer electronic goods and (less tangibly but more importantly) the huge advances in health and medical care technology...

But anyway.  Don''t we all have bank holiday Guardians to be reading?[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/travis70/ImagineNoLiberals.jpg[/img]

Wow could not believe this thread when I logged on today and seen it! I think people have really gone off the point of booing at a football match! Firstly I think this is just a bunch of mindless idiots who do show no respect! I seriously hope and doubt they represent the majority of English fans who want to enjoy a game of football! Im sure these are the same people who cause trouble at the majority of tournaments. 

Now before arthur wittle and others jump down my throat about how the Japanese dont deserve respect beacause of WW2! I respect your opinion on how its hard to let something like that go and there were some terrible attrocities carried out which went far beyond what being a POW would of been in many countries during wars over the centuries. However as someone else said that was a long time ago (not that that should mean you should forget or forgive, you shouldnt, how could you) but those fans and players and the current population hardly have the same views the same way you im sure would not have the same views of English people in the past such as Oliver Cromwell and the way I dont have the views of the minority of thugs here in Ireland who live in the past and sing IRA chants as you mentioned. As stated also by someone else you wouldnt get this at a rugby match so its a shame it cant be the same at a football match! As for the point about German camps not being as bad, this is a joke right?! Maybe torture was not on the agenda AS MUCH as Japan but the shear numbers killed and concentration camps! Im sure a lot of people find the genocide there a lot worse. As for your mentioned trip to Dublin! I was also at this match and witnessd the disgrace that happened there. So your story about this is complete sh*te! And before you start I bare no hatred towards English people because I am Irish and I have no reason too because of any past historical event. I have been on many trips to England and have plenty of English friends, and really like the place.

Anyway this is just my opinion on this and each to there own, Im sure il receive a lot of abuse for my reply to this but sure there you go!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Robroy12, thanks for the offer of pity and sentiments of same towards "us" English, but honestly, not asked for, needed, or required. There was a similar thread on this yesterday and over the previous few days. Attitude of many, myself included, is that we are the nationality we are through accident of birth, something we had had no choice in, nor, as a consequence, should feel "contractually obliged" to feel pride, love, or slavish devotion towards that country of birth. I am very well aware, thankyou very much, of the atrocities that the ruling minority of this country have carried out throughout history, but I played no part in them, would not have done, abhor them and the people involved in them...but will not, ever, take partial blame, or feel I have to apologise or feel guilty for being English! So by that token, can you understand why I feel a tad offended when peoples all around the world decide to hate me for that fact, and say they "feel pity" for me as an English born person. Don''t pity me, and don''t hate me please, I took no formal or informal decision in the proceeds and am certainly not responsible for being English, but I AM responsible for my behaviour and conduct as a human being; my nationality or race, whatever, doesn''t come into it. But to get to the point...no, I don''t like the booing of other teams national anthems either. It is embarassing beyond belief, as is, the antics of that bloody "band" who follow England everywhere, and who, today, were once again churning out that tuneless, soulless, pointless rubbish that they do, throughout the match.[/quote]

Well said Old Shuck, agree 100%.

Re. the ''Ingerlund'' boneheads, they imagine themselves so patriotic but bring shame on this country wherever they go.  Because of this I follow England from afar, I wouldn''t be caught dead at an England game.

[/quote]

Well you certainly must watch "INGURLAND" from afar because i haven''t witnessed these boneheads for some years now.

[quote user="Irish canary"]

Wow could not believe this thread when I logged on today and seen it! I think people have really gone off the point of booing at a football match! Firstly I think this is just a bunch of mindless idiots who do show no respect! I seriously hope and doubt they represent the majority of English fans who want to enjoy a game of football! Im sure these are the same people who cause trouble at the majority of tournaments. 

Now before arthur wittle and others jump down my throat about how the Japanese dont deserve respect beacause of WW2! I respect your opinion on how its hard to let something like that go and there were some terrible attrocities carried out which went far beyond what being a POW would of been in many countries during wars over the centuries. However as someone else said that was a long time ago (not that that should mean you should forget or forgive, you shouldnt, how could you) but those fans and players and the current population hardly have the same views the same way you im sure would not have the same views of English people in the past such as Oliver Cromwell and the way I dont have the views of the minority of thugs here in Ireland who live in the past and sing IRA chants as you mentioned. As stated also by someone else you wouldnt get this at a rugby match so its a shame it cant be the same at a football match! As for the point about German camps not being as bad, this is a joke right?! Maybe torture was not on the agenda AS MUCH as Japan but the shear numbers killed and concentration camps! Im sure a lot of people find the genocide there a lot worse. As for your mentioned trip to Dublin! I was also at this match and witnessd the disgrace that happened there. So your story about this is complete sh*te! And before you start I bare no hatred towards English people because I am Irish and I have no reason too because of any past historical event. I have been on many trips to England and have plenty of English friends, and really like the place.

Anyway this is just my opinion on this and each to there own, Im sure il receive a lot of abuse for my reply to this but sure there you go!

[/quote]

You clearly havent read my posts on this thread so please refrain from using my name mate.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

You clearly havent read my posts on this thread so please refrain from using my name mate.

[/quote]

So because we saw different events taking place my accounts are Shite and yours are real? Hmmmmm

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So because we saw different events taking place my accounts are Shite and yours are real? Hmmmmm

[/quote]

Arthur, the quote button is working, i''m proud of you [:D]

Dear Mr 1st Wizzard,

Thank you for your well constructed thoughts and opinions.

If you could, please look at your PC, Monitor, keyboard or mouse. I am betting one of those was invented and built by one of those naughty ''japs''.

So may I kindly suggest you throw said object out of the window and never ever visit the internet again.

Other objects you might need to chuck out if window include your TV, Microwave, Mobile phone and hopefully, your good racist self.

Signed.

Me.

[quote user="PL"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur, the quote button is working, i''m proud of you [:D][/quote]

Im on my business laptop. LOL

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You said yourself in the other post, you are talking out of your arse! Your words in the other post. So I think we are both a bit guilty of this. Im sure your accounts have truth in them too. that was a bit hasty on my part il admit, easy to get carried away when reading some of these posts. I did witness some horrible stuff that day though.  

Some of the comments that I have just read really beggar belief. I had to pinch myself to make sure that I hadn''t travelled back in time 50 years or accidentally logged on to a BNP message board.  I mean I always knew that Norfolk was not the most open minded of places but jeez some of the stuff on here is just so incredibly offensive and just downright wrong

I studied history so I''m fully aware that you can''t sweep the past under the carpet and pretend it didn''t happen. If it were possible then I''m sure my brain would now be refusing to believe that Bryan Gunn was ever Norwich manager, but it can''t be done.  However to take events that happened generations ago and use them to make ill informed and massive generalisations about a country and its people is ridiculous.  If this were the case around the world then I''d be amazed if anyone ever spoke to an English person because of the awful things that some of our ancestors did all over the globe.  In fact you''d be hard pressed to find a single country not guilty of some atrocity in it''s past.

To those people who have no respect for the Japanese-have you ever actually spoken to anyone from Japan. If you did then you might find there is genuine regret for the things that happened .  Having lived in Japan for most of the past year, I can assure you that the Japanese are some of the nicest, friendliest and least aggressive people you are ever likely to meet.  There are many people in Britain who could learn a thing or two about politeness and respect from them.

Oh and booing a national anthem is always wrong whether its Scotland or North Korea. Its the kind of thing that gives us English a bad name

[quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You said yourself in the other post, you are talking out of your arse! Your words in the other post. So I think we are both a bit guilty of this. Im sure your accounts have truth in them too. that was a bit hasty on my part il admit, easy to get carried away when reading some of these posts. I did witness some horrible stuff that day though.  

[/quote]

Agreed i saw some real hatred from England fans that day but not all. Same as the Irish. It was always going to be messy unfortunately.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed i saw some real hatred from England fans that day but not all. Same as the Irish. It was always going to be messy unfortunately.

[/quote]

Fair enough Arthur! And your right unfortunately it probably was always going to be messy! Lets end this one a good note i reckon mate [B] And well done on the quotes also, Iv read some of your posts in the past without them and found it quite funny!

I think this quote sums things up quite nicely:

"...patriotism is a word and one that generally comes to mean either; my country right or wrong, which is infamous, or my country is always right, which is imbecile." Dr Stephen Maturin, Master and Commander by Patrick O''Brian, p 173

There''s nothing wrong with bring proud of where you''ve come from and in the collective identity of your nation but I fear that this thread is another great example of when pride turns to patriotism people lose all sense of reason and perspective and start to behave in the ways described above, both of which IMO are equally self defeating. Call me a liberal or whatever else you like, I am proud of that fact, I''m sure other people who feel differently are also comfotable and proud of the way they feel regardless of how misguided I feel they are, the feeling is no doubt mutual. It seems to me that the world will never become a better place as long as we as a human race are unable to accept other''s differences and see them as being just as valid and important as our own. I am proud as an Irish English American mongrel of all my heritage (slightly less so of the american part of it) but do not feel the need to castigate others for feeling proud of theirs particularly people who are part of a generation who have done nothing to me, my family or my fellow countrymen. People who are willing to take issue with somebody just because they act or look different from what they are used to or treat them poorly because of something which was done 70, 100, 200 years ago which they had no influence of control over are little better than those who they so despise and will I fear consign us all to a vicious and unending cycle of intolerence, hatred and violence.

One point i would also like to make is that I feel somewhat uncomfortable about the singling out of the Japanese for criticism in this situation becasue of the actions of a previous generation during WW2 and a general ignoring of other guilty parties. I can''t help but feel that this is becuase they are seen as more different (culturally, racially, theologically) from us than the Germans were and therefore despite the greater magnitude of attrocities committed by the Nazi''s (e.g. in Russia and Eastern Europe, the concentration camps, massacres of Allied POWs) a lot of people are more willing to still view the Japanese in a bad light and "forgive" if that is the right word, the Germans or find excuses for them.

Finally to return to footballing matters England were atrocious yesterday, I know it was largely our second string and therefore perhaps we should read too much into this but I fear for our chances at the moment. There was no cohesion, no passion and most importantly no apparent technical ability on show and as a result we made a very average Japanese side look comfortable for long periods, at this rate we will struggle to get out of our group. I just hope this lack of performance will act as a wake up call and dispell any complacency that was creeping in given the apparent easiness of our qualifying group.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I don''t hate anyone. Even Ipswich fans.

It''s a very wasteful and crippling emotion.

OTBC

[/quote]

[Y]

I have my dislikes,i have even said that i hate certain people/things,but that''s normally in the heat of the moment.Hate gets you nowhere!

Some people will die off soon enough and the problem of bad feelings will too.
But just as a side tot he hatred shown on here by some, my grandparents were sent to many a battle front during WWII, seeing some horrible things. But for them, they could see that the individuals on both sides were the ones that took the brunt of idiotic leaders. They wished me the best of luck on my trip to Japan, and its something that makes me proud.

I saw the horrow that was caused by the Nagasaki bomb - obviously not first hand - but the legacy. It made me feel ashamed. Much like the Japanese feel about what some did during WWII.

They''re a pacifist nation now, can we say the same?

I hope come Tuesday morning some uses have been banned.

[quote user="Simon Lappin King Of Spain"]

One point i would also like to make is that I feel somewhat uncomfortable about the singling out of the Japanese for criticism in this situation becasue of the actions of a previous generation during WW2 and a general ignoring of other guilty parties. I can''t help but feel that this is becuase they are seen as more different (culturally, racially, theologically) from us than the Germans were and therefore despite the greater magnitude of attrocities committed by the Nazi''s (e.g. in Russia and Eastern Europe, the concentration camps, massacres of Allied POWs) a lot of people are more willing to still view the Japanese in a bad light and "forgive" if that is the right word, the Germans or find excuses for them.

[/quote]The Nazi death camps are abhorent to me and I despise those who did it, BUT, they hold no personel grief for me, sadly, Burma and the inhuman Japanese army do.

I know an awful lot of German people who are deeply ashamed of the SS, sadly the only Japs I know refuse to even discuss it.

Who would have a problem, therefore, if Norwich signed a current Japanese international?

Would you protest to the club?

Boo the player in question?

[quote user="jammis"]

Some people will die off soon enough and the problem of bad feelings will too.
But just as a side tot he hatred shown on here by some, my grandparents were sent to many a battle front during WWII, seeing some horrible things. But for them, they could see that the individuals on both sides were the ones that took the brunt of idiotic leaders. They wished me the best of luck on my trip to Japan, and its something that makes me proud.

I saw the horrow that was caused by the Nagasaki bomb - obviously not first hand - but the legacy. It made me feel ashamed. Much like the Japanese feel about what some did during WWII.

They''re a pacifist nation now, can we say the same?

I hope come Tuesday morning some uses have been banned.

[/quote]

1. Already suggested and supported this.

2. Including the posters on here who''ve mock the disabled...............no, thought not![:|]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Who would have a problem, therefore, if Norwich signed a current Japanese international? Would you protest to the club? Boo the player in question?[/quote]I would, in fact any foreign player, thats why the Prem''s in a mess imo.

I don''t hold any bitterness towards Japanese people now as I don''t think its fair to bring up the past. We have an Irish poster on this thread doing the very same (not Irish canary) things move on but I know vfirst hand the atrocities carried out by Japanese and indeed all sides. I fully understand why people hold grudges still and its wrong to blame them if you don''t understand their hurt. Having said that wizard is right in saying that their has never been an official apology from Japan.