Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Fears for 2010 - 2011

This squad needs some surgery before I have confidence for a sustained attack of the play offs next season.

We won the League and booked a celebration party at CR and a Bus Trip down St Stephens to the Castle to celebrate our worst overall league finish in years, then on the Saturday our team didn''t turn up at CR. This performance was inexcusable and not the way forward for next. Fans deserved a performance that enhanced the party but we reverted to our disappearing act and Lambert condoned it by saying that he understood as it had been difficult to win the title and we had an off day. Sorry but NO. the fans deserved better.

I am in agreement with the start of Lambert''s surgery, even Doc, who has been good in parts this year but is not the future. I am fearful that Holt will struggle in The Championship, I believe Russel will stay but we still show weakness and the ability to switch off.

Celebrate the League win, perhaps NCFC is a better place winning in lower leagues, increased attendances more happy fans etc but I fear we will not kick on now we are back in The Championship because displayed our frailitys that are still inherent.

The sky could fall in or you could get hit by a bus on the way to a game.You missed those out.[:)]

Guinness doesn''t make hyper depressive people who make startling conclusions all too quickly. But if they did, they''d be all like you.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Guinness doesn''t make hyper depressive people who make startling conclusions all too quickly. But if they did, they''d be all like you.[/quote] Isn''t it Carlsberg?

[quote user="morty"]The sky could fall in or you could get hit by a bus on the way to a game.

You missed those out.

[:)]
[/quote]

Absolutly, but this backs up my point that Happiness at NCFC appears to be winning in a lower league. Not seen many anti Delia threads on here lately, look back a year...............you couldn''t move for them.

I am just concerned that we, despite all the glorious thoughts, will not suceed with this squad.

Is realism a problem?

[quote user="percy varco"]

[quote user="morty"]The sky could fall in or you could get hit by a bus on the way to a game.You missed those out.[:)][/quote]

Absolutly, but this backs up my point that Happiness at NCFC appears to be winning in a lower league. Not seen many anti Delia threads on here lately, look back a year...............you couldn''t move for them.

I am just concerned that we, despite all the glorious thoughts, will not suceed with this squad.

Is realism a problem?

[/quote]So you''re essentially happy with "little old Norwich"?People have recognised that being in this league was a necessary evil that is part of out longer term rehabillitation. No, we would get mullered next season with this squad, I completely agree. News just in though, we may buy a few players this summer.[:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sorry, I had to check the calendar then.

Yep - 17th of May.

As for "the fans deserve better" ?  Give me strength.
[/quote]

Happy with the last home game performance were you? left the ground having just seen a sound foundation for next season.................well I didn''t.

Sorry, but I thought a solid performance was the minimum requirement even though we had already won the title. Football is a confidence game, winning performances grow a team.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sorry, I had to check the calendar then.Yep - 17th of May.As for "the fans deserve better" ?  Give me strength.[/quote]Somebody says something like that every year[:D] 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sorry, I had to check the calendar then.Yep - 17th of May.As for "the fans deserve better" ?  Give me strength.[/quote]

Happy with the last home game performance were you? left the ground having just seen a sound foundation for next season.................well I didn''t.

Sorry, but I thought a solid performance was the minimum requirement even though we had already won the title. Football is a confidence game, winning performances grow a team.

[/quote]Performances like that happen.  Every team has them.  You''re starting to sound a little bit like Liverpool fans I know who were unhappy with their 13 - 3 - 3 home record.  I always thought a season or two in a lower league would teach them something about expectations, but if they are like you, then apparently not.

not happy with Lil ole Norwich at all.

We must get a "few players" this summer, quality not quantity. Our biggest problem is a new goal keeper, if we cannot agree another loan, and finding money to rebuild. Did I miss the massive investment?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sorry, I had to check the calendar then.

Yep - 17th of May.

As for "the fans deserve better" ?  Give me strength.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You should have gone to more games than the glory hunting last game of the season expecting to see some amazing football. We did that bit ( Colchester at home, Orient away excluded ) for most of the season. After the tosh I have watched for 4 years I feel that something I couldnt say would be I deserved better for this season. If you want to see a team play amazingly well every week you need to go and watch Man U or Chelsea, or if thats not good enough for you maybe fly over to Barcelona every other week. And before you mention games where we didnt play quite so well but won 1 - 0 those two games aside I think I can safely say we gave 100 % in effort. Maybe we should have entertained people like you every game but lost some of our 1 - 0 wins 5 - 4. See you at the game next time we win something,or if it is that you go to every game then maybe you should take the whole season into account and not 1 game. 

[quote user="morty"]The sky could fall in or you could get hit by a bus on the way to a game.

You missed those out.

[:)]
[/quote]

Is realism a problem?

[/quote]

You have no idea what our squad will  be like next season...

What planet are you on?  We had won the league by a country mile, they were all on the beach already.  Its hardly unusual for a team to lose after a runaway season.

This squad needs some surgery before I have confidence for a sustained attack of the play offs next season.

We won the League and booked a celebration party at CR and a Bus Trip down St Stephens to the Castle to celebrate our worst overall league finish in years, then on the Saturday our team didn''t turn up at CR. This performance was inexcusable and not the way forward for next. Fans deserved a performance that enhanced the party but we reverted to our disappearing act and Lambert condoned it by saying that he understood as it had been difficult to win the title and we had an off day. Sorry but NO. the fans deserved better.

I am in agreement with the start of Lambert''s surgery, even Doc, who has been good in parts this year but is not the future. I am fearful that Holt will struggle in The Championship, I believe Russel will stay but we still show weakness and the ability to switch off.

Celebrate the League win, perhaps NCFC is a better place winning in lower leagues, increased attendances more happy fans etc but I fear we will not kick on now we are back in The Championship because displayed our frailitys that are still inherent.

[/quote]