Sign in to follow this  
sheffcanary

Bottle tops in football grounds?

Why are bottle tops removed in football grounds? Is it because it means they can''t be put back on the bottles and therefore the bottles becoming harder and easier to through? Or are they removed because to spot the actual bottle top being used as a missile? I''m just curious :)

Its because if the bottle is full of liquid with the bottle top still on it can be used as a missile & thrown but if the top is removed & if the bottle is thrown . . . which I seriously hope it is''nt!!!! . . . the liquid is then free to spill out & do less damage if someone got hit - hopefully :o)

That''s what i thought, but are Capri-sun bottles aloud in the ground? seen as they are soft like a cushion when full, they wouldn''t cause much damage if someone was hit by one.

..So what you do is take your own tops with you......except I forgot at orient !!

Never had a bottle top taken off at CR though .

I think it''s a missile thing though when you throw a full bottle with no lid, not much spills out really, until it lands. My tip, take spare lids.Bizarrely, when I take a bottle of water to football, I actually want to drink it!Wouldn''t mind so much the not letting us take bottles in at away grounds if they sold water but when they don''t, it''s very frustrating. Remember Man Utd, hot August sunshine, wasn''t allowed to take water bottle in, no water sold in ground, only coke/7-up or ribena - not exactly good to help prevent dehydration or stop you feeling thirsty.

Are the Capri-Sun pouch things and drink cartons allowed in? If someone came up with a product that resolved the problem they could be a rich man.

And at Wembley they don''t let you take plastic bottles in a tall. You have to pour you drink into a cup... A little inconvenient, When you score it goes everywhere :L

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]And at Wembley they don''t let you take plastic bottles in a tall. You have to pour you drink into a cup... A little inconvenient, When you score it goes everywhere :L[/quote]

At least in these days of half decent toilets its only likely to be juice or water in the bottles or cups!!!!

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]HAHAHA!! I''ve heard stories of it ending up in someone pocket before too! :L[/quote]

That warm sensation down the back of the trouser leg .....never felt it myself but happened regularly on terraces up and down the country!!

...Ahh the good old days lol!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]And at Wembley they don''t let you take plastic bottles in a tall. You have to pour you drink into a cup... A little inconvenient, When you score it goes everywhere :L[/quote]

At least in these days of half decent toilets its only likely to be juice or water in the bottles or cups!!!!

[/quote]That brings back memories of Monsters of Rock at Donnington when the guys couldn''t be bothered to go to the hangars. Those silly women who put up brollies when it rained then got bombarded with bottles of warm, yellow liquid - yuck. They never learnt either that outdoor festivals = likely to rain

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]Are you allowed Capri-suns'' in anyone know?[/quote]

Well they would certainly struggle to get the top off!!

Off subject:  "Bottle Tops."

Amusing description of an Asian man''s private part given to me by a very naughty lady in Singapore many, many years ago.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]Are you allowed Capri-suns'' in anyone know?[/quote]

Well they would certainly struggle to get the top off!!

[/quote]

The new packets have tops on i think, the old ones only had a straw you put in the top.

When we played Spurs away in the Premiership season I took my daughter Gemma to the game, who was then not even six years old. Before the game I wrote to the ticket office, explaining that she was very little and we were allocated seats in the back row in the upper tier (thanks again to them) which meant she had a great view and could stand up on a seat if necessary to see without worrying anyone else.

We were both searched as we went into the ground, and they rummaged through her bag and found Gemma’s bottle of Fruit-Shoot drink. They insisted that the top was taken off, and would not less us in the ground if it was not.

I asked as to why they wanted to take a top of a child’s drink and the steward replied that she might throw it at someone. Even after I pointed out that as an adult I was prepared to take responsibility for my child’s actions they insisted removing the top off the bottle. “So how far do you think she can throw it then?” was my next question? He was getting flustered now so he called the head steward over, whose response was “That I might throw my child’s drink, so the top had to come off”. I was getting really annoyed (and somewhat confused) by now. Why would I want to throw my five year old daughter’s drink at a football match? My last plea was that if I wanted to throw something surely a coin was a better bet as it could have travel further, hurt more and was much cheaper than a Fruit-Shoot? Or maybe they would like to confiscate one of the tomatoes in her lunch box I had brought along as part of her half time snack?

This was starting to get quite heated but as ultimately the stewards have the right to prevent whoever they want to from entry I decided to back down having made my point.

I was not impressed.

Exactly, a real problem, If a product was created that allowed you to transfer the drink into a Capri-sun like pouch carton thing the problem would be there. That''s why i was thinking whether Capri-Suns were allowed in?

Searched on google.

12. Please note it is an offence punishable by law for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Stadium:

1. Whilst in possession of a prohibited container which is capable of containing liquid and which if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person.

2. Whilst in possession of alcohol.

3. Whilst drunk.

4. Whilst in possession of any article or substance whose main purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke or a visible gas.

5. Any article which is a firework.

and all persons entering the Stadium may be searched by the Police

Would a Capri-sun cartoon be seen as able to cause injury if thrown at someone?