Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

Online Transfer List

I picked out five names that spring to possible signings. Three players i have heard/watched play and two other young prospects.

1. Moritz Volz from Fulham now availiable on a free. He was a started for Fulham for quite a few seasons and he would easily go straight into our starting eleven over Russel Martin. Only 27 years of age also.

2. Warren Feeney a right/central midfielder who i would like to see signed up again on a  free. Has two good feet and would be a good addition to our squad. Not sure if he would push into the starting eleven straight away but you never know after a few games??

3. Daniel Butterfield the fullback from Crystal Palace. I have always hated the player when playing against us but would love to see him the sort of player to rival a place in the starting eleven over Rose etc.. anyday. Proven player for many years in the Championship.

NEXT TWO YOUTH PROSPECTS

4. Sam Hewson released from Manchester United. A midfielder who i don''t have a clue about but surely after being there all the way until 21 years of age he must of had some true talent and ability to be kept on? I would certainly get him on trial and have a look if i was Paul Lambert.

5.Febian Brandy also released from Manchester United and is a small striker. If you look at our two players who cover Holt and Martin they were both plucked from non-league football, with us for Cody and Stockport for Johnson. Therefore a striker who made it into the United academy must again have shown some great potential but not enough for their development in offering a contract. Again a try on a trial to have a look?

At the end of the day we had two Man Utd youths in Mulryne and Nottman so maybe we could find a player who end up developing into a great Championship winning side player.

Thoughts people??

There''s a scholar at Charlton called Jordan Anderson on there who is 18, plays in central midfield and is 6ft 8!!! 

Oops, just noticed it says Centre Back above Centre Midfield, but that''s still bloody tall for a defender.

Moritz Volz is the man to sign definately. Could be one heck of a great assured, confident fullback for us. The next Marc Edworthy possibly?

[quote user="mnc"]There''s a scholar at Charlton called Jordan Anderson on there who is 18, plays in central midfield and is 6ft 8!!! 
[/quote]He can mark Crouch for us when we get back to the PL [:P]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

Doc not on there, has he got a new job already ?.

[/quote]

Yes noticed that myself

[/quote]Maybe he''s not on there until his contract is up

[quote user="Lineo"] have a look for yourself and post what you find[/quote]I''ve looked, and I''m not on there.[;)]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

Doc not on there, has he got a new job already ?.

[/quote]

Yes noticed that myself

[/quote]Maybe he''s not on there until his contract is up[/quote]

I was going to say the likes of McVeigh are but then noticed Cureton not on there either. 

Some good Palace players on there. Also wondered that if Forster does not come back I wonder if Bennett or Hoult even at 37 and 38 could do a job whilst young Declan gets another year under his belt. Dont know how good they still are but a few goalkeepers just as good when they get old.

Volz isn''t the player he once was and the fact he has now been out of the game for nearly a year tells it own story for me. I don''t now many professional players who in their mid 20s effective take a sabbatical from the game so it doesn''t bode well for him. Martin and Spillane over him any day.

Very average list...Only players I would take a gamble on:LB - Shane Candsdell-SherriffCM - Sean ThorntonCF - Gavin TomlinNone good enough to start but could all probably be ok squad members to cover for injuries.I''m guessing the list will improve in June with players listed who arn''t only on free transfers, never the less a good find, thanks!

[quote user="Michael Bates"]

I picked out five names that spring to possible signings. Three players i have heard/watched play and two other young prospects.

1. Moritz Volz from Fulham now availiable on a free. He was a started for Fulham for quite a few seasons and he would easily go straight into our starting eleven over Russel Martin. Only 27 years of age also.

2. Warren Feeney a right/central midfielder who i would like to see signed up again on a  free. Has two good feet and would be a good addition to our squad. Not sure if he would push into the starting eleven straight away but you never know after a few games??

3. Daniel Butterfield the fullback from Crystal Palace. I have always hated the player when playing against us but would love to see him the sort of player to rival a place in the starting eleven over Rose etc.. anyday. Proven player for many years in the Championship.

NEXT TWO YOUTH PROSPECTS

4. Sam Hewson released from Manchester United. A midfielder who i don''t have a clue about but surely after being there all the way until 21 years of age he must of had some true talent and ability to be kept on? I would certainly get him on trial and have a look if i was Paul Lambert.

5.Febian Brandy also released from Manchester United and is a small striker. If you look at our two players who cover Holt and Martin they were both plucked from non-league football, with us for Cody and Stockport for Johnson. Therefore a striker who made it into the United academy must again have shown some great potential but not enough for their development in offering a contract. Again a try on a trial to have a look?

At the end of the day we had two Man Utd youths in Mulryne and Nottman so maybe we could find a player who end up developing into a great Championship winning side player.

Thoughts people??

[/quote]

You seem to have picked a player who hasn''t had a club for over a year, recently played for the scum, and was rejected from several trials with clubs including QPR. That is Moritz Volz of course.

You have picked another who has played no competitive games in the 2009/2010 season, Warren Feeney, who frankly has an absolutely awful goalscoring record in The Championship.

I would perhaps give Butterfield a trial...... as a striker of course! Having scored a hat-trick up front against Wolves. He reminds me a bit of Edworthy, so you at least get my thumbs up on this one.

So every 21 year old Man Utd player has bucketloads of talent? That is rubbish, they have nearly 100 players on their full time books. Hewson was on loan to Bury this season, Hereford before that, I bet he hardly set the world alight else somebody would have snapped him up a long time ago.

Fabian Brandy managed only 4 in 15 for Hereford in League One, 1 in 7 for Gillingham in League One, and 3 in 33 for Swansea in League One. If he can''t do it in League One, then why on earth do you think he would manage it in the Championship? By that logic Jamie Cureton should be playing for Chelsea.

I would still give them trials and have a look. At the end of the day players can improve simply with their environment and any incentives to perform. I don''t see any harm in having players that have been up there before a trial. If a player impresses and Lambert see''s potential for them to be a good squad player, then it was worth the shout.

Some decent players on there. In order of preference in certain positions, I''d look at these players:

CB - Shane Candell-Sherriff (Shrewsbury), Ian Sharps (Rotherham), Stepen Hunt (Notts County)

CM - Stephen Dawson (Bury), Grant McCann (Scunthorpe), Sam Togwell (Scunthorpe), Mark Bradley (Walsall)

LB - Danny Butterfield (Crystal Palace), Evan Horwood (Carlisle)

I''d be delighted if we got Dawson, McCann, Butterfield and Candell-Sheriff to kick-off our signings for the close-season...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Some decent players on there. In order of preference in certain positions, I''d look at these players: CB - Shane Candell-Sherriff (Shrewsbury), Ian Sharps (Rotherham), Stepen Hunt (Notts County) CM - Stephen Dawson (Bury), Grant McCann (Scunthorpe), Sam Togwell (Scunthorpe), Mark Bradley (Walsall) LB - Danny Butterfield (Crystal Palace), Evan Horwood (Carlisle) I''d be delighted if we got Dawson, McCann, Butterfield and Candell-Sheriff to kick-off our signings for the close-season...[/quote]

And sky sports say McCann is on his way to Peterborough...

I just made an enquiry for Ade Akinbiyi for Sloughbottom Park on Sunday.