Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Leeds target Canary Targets!!

I think the only way this will happen is if Leeds offer Newcastle more money. If it''s down to FF surely he''d come back

Arguements for an against how successful they may be. I cannot see Bates splashing the cash too much.I think they mainly want the Arsenal lad who was at Brentford last season and was brilliant when he came to CR. I would think we are best placed for Forster if he goes out on loan but only time will tell

Forster wants to come here. Thats pretty much the beginning, middle, and end of it!

Leeds are starting to flash their proverbial wads at everyone, that''ll go down well!

No, if Forster wants to go out on loan again, he will come here if he has anything to do with it. Leeds can''t offer him anything that we can''t, indeed, the only thing their bid might have going for them is their location, bearing in mind that FF spent part of his week last season up at Newcastle.

But facilities, crowds, level and standard of play, coaching support, expectations? No difference between us and them. Except of course they are champions of Europe.

I can see they are going to be a severe irritant over the Summer. Boo hoo!

Leeds is 1.5hrs from Newcastle whilst Norwich is 5/6 hrs. Don''t under estimate the pull of home comforts when choosing where people go.

I hope he comes back but the location makes Leeds an attractive proposition.

I accept the points above could be vital as to where Forster ends up but I am afraid some of that article is poorly researched and is frankly scare mongering. How will Beckford influence where Forster goes? Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. Sort it out pinkun!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"] Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. [/quote]

Was about to say the same thing - the whole piece has an air of "we need to find 500 words to fill some space until some transfer action happens" about it.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I accept the points above could be vital as to where Forster ends up but I am afraid some of that article is poorly researched and is frankly scare mongering. How will Beckford influence where Forster goes? Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. Sort it out pinkun!
[/quote]I totally agree with this. This is the quote from the article........

"But Grayson could be in a strong bargaining position with Forster''s parent club long time admirers of Leeds hotshot Jermaine Beckford who is widely tipped for a Premiership switch this summer."

So, as Beckford is a free agent, Grayson has absolutely no say in his future and therefore is NOT in a strong bargaining position.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I accept the points above could be vital as to where Forster ends up but I am afraid some of that article is poorly researched and is frankly scare mongering. How will Beckford influence where Forster goes? Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. Sort it out pinkun! [/quote]I totally agree with this. This is the quote from the article........

"But Grayson could be in a strong bargaining position with Forster''s parent club long time admirers of Leeds hotshot Jermaine Beckford who is widely tipped for a Premiership switch this summer."

So, as Beckford is a free agent, Grayson has absolutely no say in his future and therefore is NOT in a strong bargaining position.

[/quote]Exactly. It does come across as someone trying to make a story out of not a lot to me. Whether there''s any truth in it remains to be seen of course.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I accept the points above could be vital as to where Forster ends up but I am afraid some of that article is poorly researched and is frankly scare mongering. How will Beckford influence where Forster goes? Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. Sort it out pinkun!
[/quote]I totally agree with this. This is the quote from the article........

[/quote]

I agree too, awful piece of journalism not even worthy of the gutter press. In fact, such illogical thought processes are scarely even see in my local pub, and that is full of dregs and pikeys.

first and foremost it''s the end of the current season... 99% of all that is said in the papers, on websites etc is from agents trying to up the % and journalists struggling to find something to write about. I am not convinced Leeds will have bucket loads of money and in anycase... Leeds will have to sign at least 3 or 4 new players to get to our level anyway. Frazer is likely to come here but if he doesn''t, there are some very good keepers out there who would love to play for Norwich City.

shocking journalism, really poor. making sensationalist claims from false facts, with leeds being unable to use the beckford factor as a bargaining tool, with him being out of contract. it really annoys me, its simple football knowledge that these reporters cant get right.

You''re right... Beckford has nothing to do with any potential deal at all... the only thing that might have had a link between the two was if they had the same agent... I don''t know if they have (doubt they do). Also I would imagine that Lambert has already spoken to say two or three players who''ll be signing in the summer... ones who are out of contract...

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I accept the points above could be vital as to where Forster ends up but I am afraid some of that article is poorly researched and is frankly scare mongering. How will Beckford influence where Forster goes? Beckford is available on a free and can walk away to which ever club offers the best deal. Leeds have no say in the matter. Sort it out pinkun! [/quote]I totally agree with this. This is the quote from the article........

[/quote]

I agree too, awful piece of journalism not even worthy of the gutter press. In fact, such illogical thought processes are scarely even see in my local pub, and that is full of dregs and pikeys.

[/quote]Did you not see the irony in talking about the gutter press and then moving on to "drags and pikeys"? [:|]

Less that a week after the victory parade and Archant are already printing a negative under-researched story that you would expect from the gutter press.The club, the fans, and the city deserve better.

[quote user="The Chirp"]first and foremost it''s the end of the current season... 99% of all that is said in the papers, on websites etc is from agents trying to up the % and journalists struggling to find something to write about.

I am not convinced Leeds will have bucket loads of money and in anycase... Leeds will have to sign at least 3 or 4 new players to get to our level anyway.

Frazer is likely to come here but if he doesn''t, there are some very good keepers out there who would love to play for Norwich City.
[/quote]

Hence why Leeds have got rid of 6 players immediately. Likewise Norwich will need to make 5 or 6 signings to make top 6 next season.

Someone said on here that Frazer has said he will only go back on loan at Norwich. How many players say one thing and do another? Leeds is only an hr and half down the road from Newcastle. Im convinced that if we are after him then its a definate food for thought.

Leeds don´t have bucket loads of cash, Bates said we have in the region of 6m to spend which is about right.

[quote user="Spain-boy"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]first and foremost it''s the end of the current season... 99% of all that is said in the papers, on websites etc is from agents trying to up the % and journalists struggling to find something to write about.

I am not convinced Leeds will have bucket loads of money and in anycase... Leeds will have to sign at least 3 or 4 new players to get to our level anyway.

Frazer is likely to come here but if he doesn''t, there are some very good keepers out there who would love to play for Norwich City.
[/quote]

Hence why Leeds have got rid of 6 players immediately. Likewise Norwich will need to make 5 or 6 signings to make top 6 next season.

Someone said on here that Frazer has said he will only go back on loan at Norwich. How many players say one thing and do another? Leeds is only an hr and half down the road from Newcastle. Im convinced that if we are after him then its a definate food for thought.

Leeds don´t have bucket loads of cash, Bates said we have in the region of 6m to spend which is about right.

[/quote]

Bloody Nora, thats a bit sensible for you![:O]

How can anyone blame the pinkun for bad jounalism? I mean the coverage of Doherty''s non-renewal of his contract was so well covered...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"] the coverage of Doherty''s non-renewal of his contract was so well covered...[/quote]Yep, don''t you just hate it when the coverage of coverage is poor?Anyway, I''d assumed that was merely Mr. Phillips burying some rather unpopular news.

This is why i wish Leeds stayed down. They have more money than us. Forster has made it pretty clear he would come back here if Newcastle let him and Lambert wants him but as a few people have said, he is closer to home.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]A lot of Leeds hate over this threadhttp://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s277.htm?447,11584997[/quote]"The above reasons are why i hate Norwich. I live not to far from Norwich and i''ve never known such a delusional club with delusional fans. They still talk about beating Bayern Munich like it was yesterday. Darren Huckerby is classed as on ''official legend'' ....say no more ! As for there sell out crowds every home game, they forgot to tell about the many tickets they hand out free to schools every week, i know this as my nephew and his class have been 5 times this season for free. They also invite a lot schools down on the morning of the matchday for a 5-aside match....this is a clever ploy to get the adults to buy tickets. Good marketing i suppose, but not exactly real fans ! All in all i''m sick of the budgies trying to compare themselves with us. Small town, always has, always will be !!"[:D]

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

Leeds is 1.5hrs from Newcastle whilst Norwich is 5/6 hrs. Don''t under estimate the pull of home comforts when choosing where people go.

I hope he comes back but the location makes Leeds an attractive proposition.

[/quote]

he will come to norwich, unless he has no brain and wanted to be hated by norwich fans for the rest of career!

If Forster was available for loan next season, I''m sure he''d prefer to come to us rather than Leeds. Why though?
  • He knows that he''s very popular amongst us (the fans), as he was runner up for player of the year
  • Playing as a first team regular with us last season he knows our players and manager well now, if he went to a different club he would have a whole load of fresh faces to get to know
When players move to different clubs they don''t always play as well as they did at previous ones. Sure, he did brilliant for us this season but if Leeds signed him they could find themselves finishing rock bottom next season.

I should apologise to the Leeds fan for having the audacity to compare our clubs!

I''m sorry. We''re bigger now.

And Thorpe Arch? They rent it don''t they? Poor old tenants!