Sign in to follow this  
sheffcanary

If there was a tool that allowed you to transfer liquid from a bottle into a vessel that was allowed in football grounds would you use it?

I have been to numerous football games and have had bottles and bottle tops taken off me. Sometime they offer a cup to put the content in other times they don''t. Whatever the outcome it''s a little inconvenient. If there was a product that allowed you to transfer the drink from your bottle into a vessel that could hold liquid and was allowed into the ground would you use it? The rules are no items are allowed in the ground that could cause injury if thrown at someone, with the exception of coins and personal items like keys, etc.

I''d be very grateful if you could leave your thoughts and ideas. :)

Cheers for your response. I''ve never seen the drink bags. where have you seen them? Do they allow you to take the liquid out of your own bottle into another vessel allowed into the ground?

My mate has one to stick in her handbag,rather than carrying around a bottle of vodka.(She''s not an alci,just poor)but i can''t find out where she gets them from.They look like those Lucozade things the footballers drink (maybe it is one of them).

You may get it confiscated if you take it in,depending on the stewards.

Although perhaps excessive you could buy a Camelback. They are designed for cyclists/walkers. I am sure if you look around on the net you may be able to find a smaller equivelent.

If not just buy some CapriSun''s and be happy with those. I don''t think they would stop you from having those.

Yeah exactly, she must just buy the empty packets or something. Those packets aren''t advertised directly to football fans and the the problem with bottles. If there was a tool that let you transfer the liquid from our coke bottle into a Capri-sun, Lucozade packet type thing would you use it? If the product meant you didn''t get anything on your hands during the transfer and you got a lucozade like pouch with the product. The beer thing will never be solved though, if the FA had it there way it would be banned altogether.

Last season I had a Capri Sun in my pocket, after inquiring the steward took the straw off it.  When I complained and said, ''It''s only a bloody straw''.  The Steward said, ''It''s dangerous, it could break a camel''s back''.

[quote user="Jacoljam"]Colostomy bag?
[/quote]

Not a bad idea.Cleaned and filled with red wine.Special sneaky straw.Bingo.[Y]

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]I have been to numerous football games and have had bottles and bottle tops taken off me. Sometime they offer a cup to put the content in other times they don''t. Whatever the outcome it''s a little inconvenient. If there was a product that allowed you to transfer the drink from your bottle into a vessel that could hold liquid and was allowed into the ground would you use it? The rules are no items are allowed in the ground that could cause injury if thrown at someone, with the exception of coins and personal items like keys, etc.

I''d be very grateful if you could leave your thoughts and ideas. :)[/quote]

...or do the much simpler option ans take a bottle top in with you

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]If there was a product that allowed you to transfer the drink from your bottle into a vessel that could hold liquid and was allowed into the ground would you use it?[/quote]Methinks you''ve discovered some sort of soft container that may be acceptable inside grounds and are sounding us out for a response!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2107480/ShowPost.aspx

Or you work for Capri-Sun . [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]If there was a product that allowed you to transfer the drink from your bottle into a vessel that could hold liquid and was allowed into the ground would you use it?[/quote]Methinks you''ve discovered some sort of soft container that may be acceptable inside grounds and are sounding us out for a response!

[/quote]

I think he is trying to tell us he has invented this new fangled thing called a funnel.

It''s just an idea seen as my dad produces the foil pouches that Capri-sun use in china. Honestly do you think it''s got potential? I know you could use a funnel but who carries a funnel around with them? And Bottle tops are banned in football ground if you get seen with one it will be taken off you. I mean if you got given something that could do the job for free on the turnstile would you use it. The production cost is so cheap you could give them to stadiums and make your profit from whacking a few adds on it.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Hmmm,didn''t see that thread.

Simply,the bottle top thing means you end up having to buy their overpriced drinks.

[quote user="TerryTibbs99"]It''s just an idea seen as my dad produces the foil pouches that Capri-sun use in china. Honestly do you think it''s got potential? I know you could use a funnel but who carries a funnel around with them? And Bottle tops are banned in football ground if you get seen with one it will be taken off you. I mean if you got given something that could do the job for free on the turnstile would you use it. The production cost is so cheap you could give them to stadiums and make your profit from whacking a few adds on it.[/quote]

Terry stick to selling car''s mate!

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Hmmm,didn''t see that thread.

Simply,the bottle top thing means you end up having to buy their overpriced drinks.

[/quote]

As we speak he is digging through the night, in order to pump beer underground from the riverside directly into the Barclay End.

I went to a game with my brother at carrow road this season and we hade just took a trip to Morrisions before hand. I bought 2 BOTTLES of coke and he bought 2 CANS of coke or some other similar product.

I was told that i was allowed to take my bottles pitch side (these were un-opened) but my brother was not allowed his cans in the ground because apparently he could throw the cans onto the pitch. Bit of a wierd one as you could equally as easily throw bottles onto the pitch!!

In fairness to the stweard though, he told me brother that he would look after his cans and that if he came to find him at half time or after the game he could drink them. My brother went to find the steward at half time and kept his side and supervised my brother drinking the cans at half time.