Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

2 New GK's in this season.

It''s a good idea to give both Steer and Rudd time out on loan at alternate times. Even so, I reckon we need three keepers at the club at any one time to cover suspensions and short term injuries where it would do more harm than good from recalling a young keeper from a sucessful loan period. I mean I''m sure one reason Fraser developed so well this year is from having an extended run of games and we wouldn''t want to disrupt Steer or Rudd and their development if they were doing really well out on loan just to cover on the bench.

Maybe an option would be to get Fraser back on loan and hire a goalkeeping coach who is a recently retired keeper and could jump between the sticks in an emergency if needs be? Gunny even! (that''s a joke..)

Maybe we are loaning both to Colchester over next season as part of Lamberts compensation with us paying their wages.

Therefore Colchester get two England prospect goalkeepers for nothing over course of season. Boothroyd having seen academy at close quarters may know both keepers in some capacity. Also probably knows our capacity for producing good keepers.