Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

2 New GK's in this season.

forgot to add - so surely forster must be on his way back if we are allowing both players out on loan.

And Lmabert must have another GK who he thinks will be coming in.

Good news if true. I would be looking t get Forster back on loan and a more experienced keeper in as backup and put a recall clause in Rudds loan.

Joe Lewis perhaps?

I should imagine both Rudd and Steer will have recall clauses. Can''t take the risk that we may only need one of them, if one gets injured whilst on loan we could be back to square one.

[quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

I should imagine both Rudd and Steer will have recall clauses. Can''t take the risk that we may only need one of them, if one gets injured whilst on loan we could be back to square one.

[/quote]

lewis has ruled himself out of a return move.(good new for us IMO)

I would certainly put a recall in rudds move, but steer needs a full season of 1st team exp, so would be better off staying with his loan club all season to gain this valiuable exp.

Even so, recall clauses are going to be essential. We wouldn''t want to end up being in the situation that Man City were earlier this year because they neglected to include 1 in the contract.Just because there''s a recall clause doesn''t mean it has to be invoked; more an insurance - just in case...

Lambert is only looking for one GK as Rudd & Steer will take in turns to be loaned out.

[quote user="Dogger "]Lambert is only looking for one GK as Rudd & Steer will take in turns to be loaned out.[/quote]That makes more sense.

[quote user="Dogger "]Lambert is only looking for one GK as Rudd & Steer will take in turns to be loaned out.[/quote]

possibly to the same club?

league 2 club and give rudd august - january and steer from jan -end of season [:P]

[quote user="Dogger "]No Steer to Div2/Confrence and Steer to Div1/2[/quote]

Rudd, sorry!

[quote user="Dogger "]No Steer to Div2/Confrence and Steer to Div1/2[/quote]Have we cloned him lol?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

I would certainly put a recall in rudds move, but steer needs a full season of 1st team exp, so would be better off staying with his loan club all season to gain this valiuable exp.

[/quote]

Where? Not saying it is going to happen but there was an article a couple of weeks back where he said he would love to play for us again someday. I have not seen anything to indicate that he is going to stay at Peterborough or that he would rule out a move back to Norwich this summer.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where? Not saying it is going to happen but there was an article a couple of weeks back where he said he would love to play for us again someday. I have not seen anything to indicate that he is going to stay at Peterborough or that he would rule out a move back to Norwich this summer.

[/quote]

edp, saying waas going to stay loyal to peterborough.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn''t that the same article? He simply says that he is a loyal sort of person so unless Peterborough decide to sell him he won''t be looking to move on.

Sorry but that is standard reel for players these days. Say anything other than that and your club is likely to get angry. If you read the whole article you could say that he has effectively said if Norwich came in for me in the right way and Peterborough said yes then I would be gone in a shot. Its not a I will never leave Peterborough because I love the club kind of thing.

Rudd and Steer are the future here, this all points to a loan signing next season and Rudd being first choice the season after, hopefully the loan signing will be Forster.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn''t that the same article? He simply says that he is a loyal sort of person so unless Peterborough decide to sell him he won''t be looking to move on.

Sorry but that is standard reel for players these days. Say anything other than that and your club is likely to get angry. If you read the whole article you could say that he has effectively said if Norwich came in for me in the right way and Peterborough said yes then I would be gone in a shot. Its not a I will never leave Peterborough because I love the club kind of thing.

[/quote]

i deliver the tings, so cant read them.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lewis would not come here as peterborough would not get any profit % or sell on clause!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lewis would not come here as peterborough would not get any profit % or sell on clause!

[/quote]

Why? and why?

They could sell him for a proffit, we could agree to waiver our own sell on clause could we not? And we could still give them a sell on clause could we not?

He went for what - £400k. If we say offered £800k I think we could get him and they would have doubled their money. We could also loan Steer to them as part of the deal.

In transfer season I would rule nothing out. Russell came back to us after we had sold him with a sell on clause - it didn''t stop Stoke at the time.

It said the plan was to alternate them so that only one was out of loan at any one time. However I would be concerned if say Forster got suspended (not impossible it happened twice last season) and we were left with Steer while Rudd is out on loan. He will be a tremendous keeper but to step up to the championship at 17 is asking a hell of a lot.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why? and why?

They could sell him for a proffit, we could agree to waiver our own sell on clause could we not? And we could still give them a sell on clause could we not?

He went for what - £400k. If we say offered £800k I think we could get him and they would have doubled their money. We could also loan Steer to them as part of the deal.

In transfer season I would rule nothing out. Russell came back to us after we had sold him with a sell on clause - it didn''t stop Stoke at the time.

[/quote]I wouldn''t take him though, some of his mistakes have cost peterboro'' points this season and we cant afford any slip ups next season if we are going to push for a play off place!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Both Rudd and Steer are set to go out on loan, says the edp.[/quote]Now read it properly!!

Only one on loan at a time, both will alternate for the bench position.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

It said the plan was to alternate them so that only one was out of loan at any one time. However I would be concerned if say Forster got suspended (not impossible it happened twice last season) and we were left with Steer while Rudd is out on loan. He will be a tremendous keeper but to step up to the championship at 17 is asking a hell of a lot.

[/quote]

He will be 18 with half a season in goal (surely a pre-condition of any loan is that he must be first choice?) for a League 2 or Conference side.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Even so, recall clauses are going to be essential. We wouldn''t want to end up being in the situation that Man City were earlier this year because they neglected to include 1 in the contract.

Just because there''s a recall clause doesn''t mean it has to be invoked; more an insurance - just in case...
[/quote]

The problem with recall clauses is that other teams will be less likely to want to take a player, especially a GK, if there is such a clause.

Also any fees etc generally have to be paid back if the clause is activated. Rudd and Steer are both promising young keepers but I can''t imagine too many teams will be interested in young keepers with such little experience when there are more experienced players out there or will also be available. To add a recall clause would narrow the amount of potentially interested teams down even further.

Would you want Norwich to take on an inexperienced keeper who could be made to leave the club with 24 hours notice?

Then the answer is simple, get in a third choice keeper for one season and make the lad''s half-season loans recall free.

Weird that there isn''t a quote on this from anyone from Norwich... Normally there is. It''s a good idea sending them both out at different times but I am not sure if it would work... I mean it applies that a team would take Rudd mid season and put him in goal... What about the first choice keeper? The only way that would work was if Rudd replaced Steer at whatever club... Not sure if this is guess work or not.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

Joe Lewis perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why? and why?

[/quote]I wouldn''t take him though, some of his mistakes have cost peterboro'' points this season and we cant afford any slip ups next season if we are going to push for a play off place![/quote]

Seriously! Have you actually seen him play this season? He''s pulled off some amazing saves and I''m pretty sure he''d have one of the largest saves to shots ratio in the league.... He definately has not cost Peterborough, their defence have and you can see that through fergie and Johnson choosing to drop and swap defenders and not the goalkeeper...

And Peterborough not getting a sell on clause would be b******* they wouldn''t really care I expect as long as they made  profit. Financially things are much harder now for them (and lots of clubs) than they were when they bought Lewis because of aised wages and relegation so I''m pretty sure they would be willing to sell him- even to us

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Even so, recall clauses are going to be essential. We wouldn''t want to end up being in the situation that Man City were earlier this year because they neglected to include 1 in the contract.

Just because there''s a recall clause doesn''t mean it has to be invoked; more an insurance - just in case...
[/quote]

The problem with recall clauses is that other teams will be less likely to want to take a player, especially a GK, if there is such a clause.

Also any fees etc generally have to be paid back if the clause is activated. Rudd and Steer are both promising young keepers but I can''t imagine too many teams will be interested in young keepers with such little experience when there are more experienced players out there or will also be available. To add a recall clause would narrow the amount of potentially interested teams down even further.

Would you want Norwich to take on an inexperienced keeper who could be made to leave the club with 24 hours notice?

[/quote]

We could offer to remain paying their wages. Loans often cost money but we could make it cost less money.