Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

todays change of luck

i thought i would tell you all about my routine that took place today

stay with it i know it sounds weird

i decided this week to change every thing about going g to the match today it started of with getting up on the different side of the bed than normal, i put different clothes on that i normally would wear including my lucky but ugly hat, no red kacks thou couldn''t find any i even asked my boss but they were too small.

then it came  to the car journey we all swapped seats including the normal driver we took a different route then for some bizarre reason me and mate decided to stay in the car till 2 45 the other two went as normal then we ran up the hill i didn''t walk on the path but stayed on the road. when we got to the ground i used a different entrance and when in the ground when in to a different block and walked across, instead of sitting in my usual seat i swapped with the chap below partly because there was a good looking lass there. i made sure that i did every that i wouldn''t normally do, plus i gave up smoking to coincide with my new superstitious routine. so i must make sure that i stick to all my routines again.

i may sound sad for 1 attempting theses bizarre stuff and 2 for telling you but ism so chuffed and slightly lets say lubricated well with wine, if spelling and the grammar is wrong sorry but can''t be bothered to check it sorry yanky doodle do bloke.

ps i really enjoyed the match even tho i was too nervous, thought mullers was superb today he looked fit, hungry for action and was all over the park, brilliant in attack and just as good in the tackle etc he was my man of the match just ahead of francis, i thought we battled today and played good football i was very proud of the boys also have to say the minutes silence was impecible a great honour to the great man.

sorry to babble on must go toodle pip all and we will stay up.

Quality.

For the first time ever I didn''t wear anything with Norwich City or yellow and green on it and we won.  I hope this is one superstition I don''t have to keep up.

I decided to have two cornish pasties instead of my normal one!! Looks like my strict diet has gone out of the window yet again. Perhaps i need to introduce a middle name to my poster ID. How about "not getting"??!!

Really interesting stuff dblockbarclayboy.  What will you all do for the next game?  The same routines as yesterday, or revert to your usual routines, or something different again perhaps?!

Maybe it helped us giving Kents and particularly Crouchy good receptions as they didn''t come back to haunt us.  Come to think of it, if we could cheer and applaud the opposition as they bear down on our goal and shoot at it perhaps it would get them so confused that they miss on a regular basis.  No?  Well it might be worth a try if we don''t win again for a few weeks I suppose!

Not the referee that''s for sure. The worst seen at Carrow Road this season? Surely that was a penalty for handball by Jason Dodd from Hucks cross. Funny that no one has posted about this incompetent so called ref.

Superstititions - real or poppycock?

I''d been wearing my Norwich City green and yellow wrist-band all week at Uni (getting some puzzled glances from fellow students and general people in Manchester''s bustling streets) but decided to take it off at 2.00pm on Saturday. Then I got into my girlfriends bed and settled down to listen to Talk Sport via headphones whilst she was having her comp fixed by a friend. Disaster struck though when I left the bed to go and get her a brew, Southampton scored. On returning and re-positioning myself in bed with said headphones, we equalised. Decided I''d get some food at halftime but then totally forgot as I listened to half-time scores and reports. When we scored in the second half I became convinced that staying in bed was the answer so I pulled the covers close and prayed for a third goal. With 10 minutes to go, I developed a wholly annoying need for the loo which was playing fearsome havoc with my bladder. Reluctant to leave the bed for fear of a late equaliser, I did what any rational City supporter did... I stayed steadfast in the bed till the final whistle had been blown and scuttled rather quickly to the loo with one aim in mind.

In short, superstitions may have seemed irrational, however there was no way I was gonna tempt fate. OTBC... 

i''m am staying the same for next match but one problem my fellow freaky mater can''t make it so that might be a problem but i have a cunning plan ala baldrick bring my dad and make sure he does the same as mate done sad i know

normally i''m the most un superstitious i know but its all changed.

plus i have had to give a load of  money to charity today because i prayed before the game and said if the mighty one above makes us win i''ll donate money and i have to keep to my word otherwise it might not happen again

I am terrible for my superstition. Previously I''ve been doing my one last year if it were possible and for a couple of games It didn''t happen the whole way it should.

My pre match ritual starts the second I get out of bed, until the ref blows for the start of the 2nd half which can sometimes be over 8 hours.

Every match previously I had been thinking and trying to remember what I may have done wrong. Luckily on saturday I changed a couple of things like taking nearly everything of mine I needed for the match in a plastic sports bag, wearing a different coat to the one I normally wear and it did help considering it was freezing, getting to the train station in my home town before the 12:08 train a few minutes before hand and not getting there for when the previous one arrived.

The rest of the original ritual still went ahead and was obviously right.

In my ritual I surely must annoy anyone in Morrisons store (although do buy the same thing from the petrol station each time) and the club shop because I have to walk through a certain route in both but can''t buy anything. I have to walk through the club shop twice but have to have a minimum of at least 15 mins between each circuit. On Saturday I did buy an NCFC advent calendar and the last time I bought something pre match from the shop was Preston at home last season!.

I too had my lucky red underwear on for the game but also chose not to wear my new away city shirt with premier badge.

I have religiously not worn a city shirt to a game for the last three years purely on superstitous (we never seemed to win when I did wear one) grounds but got the shirt and vowed to wear it week in week out as a proud city fan to show our colours on the telly. For Blackburn I wore it but kept it covered but clearly it wasnt enough. Superstitious lot arnt we!

For me my footie uniform will now simply be a pair of red pants.

I had a change of routine this week as well. Last year everytime i went into the Canary shop in the mall, we never did that well. I hadn''t been in at all this year until saturday when i decided that we hadn''t been doing all that well so what did it matter!

I stood in there and watched a bit of last years season review DVD, the 2-0 win to Wigan, the 0-1 to Reading and the 5-0 to walsall.

Seemed to do the trick!!

Fatboy "not getting" slimfast:

The great thing about superstitions is that you can alter them... say this week, you eat three pasties, and have two drinks of fizzy pop instead of one... we win, so the week after you can increase it more and more.... and even if we did lose then you can say, ok we lost, I ate 23 pasties and had 14 drinks of coke... next week I''ll do something different, I''ll have 26 and 16

sounds to me like you''re on a win/win situation there "Fatboy slimming notfast"... i''ll join you too, cos I loOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooove to it... my top 3 personal breakfast records are

1/ 32 slices of toast and 14 glasses of cordial

2/ 24 "weetbix" and a litre and a half of milk

3/ 8 fishfinger sandwhichs (4 in each) plus 4 boiled each sandwhiches and 4 glasses of OJ

And i''m not lying...

anyone else ever done this kind of thing? or is it just Norma(l)nn

[quote]I too had my lucky red underwear on for the game but also chose not to wear my new away city shirt with premier badge. I have religiously not worn a city shirt to a game for the last three years pur...[/quote]

If that''s all that Zip is going to have on I guess we''ll all be able to pick him out on MOTD. ZipperLF has anyone told you we''re getting into winter now and it''s starting to get colder. Next thing we know you''ll be popping up in just red pants at a Green Bay US football game!!