Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Does the freebee culture need changing.

The news that the Hucky Club is to cost £2,000 a season with twelve old players getting free membership makes me wonder how many people are on Feebees at home games at Norwich City and what does it cost?

I am guessing but I would suggest Freebees cost about £120,000 a season with the make up being:

Directors & Secretary meals and seat 6 x £1,000

Directors wives & partners 6 x £1,000

Vice Presidents 10 x 1000

Old players 14 x 2,000

Players wives & friends 30 x 500

Manager and backroom staff for their wives and partners

6 x £600

Stewards 40 x £500

Catering staff 20 x £500

Front of the house staff 10 x £500

Police 20 x $500

Ticket takers and programme sellers

20 x £500

Groundsmen

10 x £500

That is about £100,000 a season and add to that the Press and visiting team freebees so maybe £120,000.

Then there is the Delia plane to far off places like Blackpool .... who I wonder pays for that.

This is said to be the culture of football. Is it time to change? Should everyone pay?

tbf, the old bill may not watch the game, but they have to be around the away part before and after games and around the riverside.

[quote user="Bobert"]The news that the Hucky Club is to cost £2,000 a season with twelve old players getting free membership makes me wonder how many people are on Feebees at home games at Norwich City and what does it cost? I am guessing but I would suggest Freebees cost about £120,000 a season with the make up being: Directors & Secretary meals and seat 6 x £1,000 Directors wives & partners 6 x £1,000 Vice Presidents 10 x 1000 Old players 14 x 2,000 Players wives & friends 30 x 500 Manager and backroom staff for their wives and partners 6 x £600 Stewards 40 x £500 Catering staff 20 x £500 Front of the house staff 10 x £500 Police 20 x $500 Ticket takers and programme sellers 20 x £500 Groundsmen 10 x £500 That is about £100,000 a season and add to that the Press and visiting team freebees so maybe £120,000. Then there is the Delia plane to far off places like Blackpool .... who I wonder pays for that. This is said to be the culture of football. Is it time to change? Should everyone pay?[/quote]

Leaving your financial figures to one side which in any case are surely sums of money you have just pulled out of the sky,how on earth have you arrived at such numbers as 20 catering staff,40 stewards and the most ridiculous of them 10 groundsmen? The 6 directors wives and partners is off beam as well as unless you did not know Delia and MWJ are married to each other.

Such a thread may have merit which i am sure Mr McNally would find useful in an effort to cut costs but it is based on no factual evidence whatsoever or to put it bluntly is fag packet accountancy.

[quote user="jed exodous"]tbf, the old bill may not watch the game, but they have to be around the away part before and after games and around the riverside.[/quote]But they''re not taking space up which otherwise could be sold.

This is funny, plain and simple.

Most of the people associated with the club in terms of employees tend to get a season ticket as part of their wage packet - eg; its a perk or bonus of the job. To be fair I didn''t think the catering staff just up and leave their stations once the game starts - I thought they remained at their posts otherwise who''s there to serve the people that get up to get their ''half time'' refreshments with 35 mins gone, or the people late in and at the back of the que at 3.05?

Oh and by the way you forgot the St. John''s Ambulance, the Paramedics in the actual Ambulance, the school kids they give tickets too . . .

While your at it why not just say everyone should pay the same price, just because their under 16 doesn''t mean they arn''t taking up and adult seat. And OAP''s - they''ve been working all their life so if they can''t afford a season ticket at normal price its their own fault for not working hard enough and saving more. Oh and yeah, just because they get to dress up in rediculous costumes and ponce about the pitch doesn''t mean Splat the Cat, the Aviva ''roadkill'' or whatever it is, Captain Canary etc shouldn''t pay up for their seats too.

Baaaahhhhhh damn the club and its carefree attitude! Spongers!

Right now back to reality. It is rather funy though.

Not too much wrong with fag packet accountancy if you have a feel for it... as far as groundsmen are concerned what would you call the men with forks at half time?

I think that what I am trying to say is that if you want a job at Carrow Road you should have bought a season ticket,

[quote user="Bobert"]Not too much wrong with fag packet accountancy if you have a feel for it... as far as groundsmen are concerned what would you call the men with forks at half time? I think that what I am trying to say is that if you want a job at Carrow Road you should have bought a season ticket,[/quote]

Just think about that for a second.

Hi there, you want to work in the half time burger bar? Good good, that will be £500 please . . . . what you don''t have the money because you don''t have a job?!!!! Get out of here you BUM!

No, logic still doesn''t work. The accounting doesn''t count everything into it. No Policemen sit down in seats in the home areas - the ones that do sit in the away areas in seats allocated but not taken up by the away supporters (if you pay close attention) or they stand. Not all the stewards sit in actual sellable seats.

The players that get seats for their family probably do so as part of their contract although having said that they sometimes buy more if more of their family are coming down either way the ones allocated as part of their contract are effectively ''paid for'' in that by playing for the club the player has earnt them - which is effectively what the contract will equate to.

As for those that own a majority stake in the club, or have something to do with the running of the club - they are responsible for bringing money into the club or actually own a large lump of the clubs assets which on a match day probably does equate to a couple of seats.

Now that leaves us with our friends Splat, Captain Canary, the clown, the chap who chats at half time and announces stuff, the chaps who not only look after the pitch at carrow road but at colney too (all five or six of them on a matchday), and ofcourse the OAP''s and Kids/ballboys who don''t pay as much as a standard ticket - oh and lets not forget the students as well, bloody concessions. Now I must be forgetting something here . . . . . oh yes SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, bloody life suckers! They get tickets cheaper over the season than if they paid on a game by game basis . . . . . of all the nasty things they could do!!!

[quote user="Bobert"]Not too much wrong with fag packet accountancy if you have a feel for it... as far as groundsmen are concerned what would you call the men with forks at half time?

I think that what I am trying to say is that if you want a job at Carrow Road you should have bought a season ticket,[/quote]This is a joke surely?You want all the catering staff/grounds men/ticket takers et al to pay for a season ticket so they can do their job? Would be a little rough as they can''t actually watch home games as they have to work during every home game.I can state for a fact that none of the people who work in Delia''s or the kiosks get free tickets.Would also seem a little rough to force members of the press to pay for tickets to games when they are providing a service to the club in providing match reports and increasing Norwich''s image. Don''t think you have really thought this through if it isn''t in fact a joke.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Bobert"]Not too much wrong with fag packet accountancy if you have a feel for it... as far as groundsmen are concerned what would you call the men with forks at half time? I think that what I am trying to say is that if you want a job at Carrow Road you should have bought a season ticket,[/quote]

This is a joke surely?

You want all the catering staff/grounds men/ticket takers et al to pay for a season ticket so they can do their job? Would be a little rough as they can''t actually watch home games as they have to work during every home game.

I can state for a fact that none of the people who work in Delia''s or the kiosks get free tickets.

Would also seem a little rough to force members of the press to pay for tickets to games when they are providing a service to the club in providing match reports and increasing Norwich''s image. Don''t think you have really thought this through if it isn''t in fact a joke.
[/quote]

Oh the easy come back now is that, yes, yes it was indeed a joke, hahahahaha, funny wasn''t it?

Shame it wasn''t pointed out that the now 20,000 season ticket holders will be saving on average something like £2-£3 a game if not more if they are concessions. Ooohhh - work that one out!!!! Thats like at least £40k a game over 23 home games which equates to over £900k! Bleedin sponging general public season ticket buyers! If it wasn''t for them we could have stayed up by getting Tiny or even better . . . daylight robbery thats what it is!

What about those non-playing subs...they''re not needed, somebody else could have paid to use that seat! Also those staff in and around the bench. Not sure of her name but the Masseuse that sits on the bench etc.

[quote user="chicken"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Bobert"]Not too much wrong with fag packet accountancy if you have a feel for it... as far as groundsmen are concerned what would you call the men with forks at half time? I think that what I am trying to say is that if you want a job at Carrow Road you should have bought a season ticket,[/quote]This is a joke surely?You want all the catering staff/grounds men/ticket takers et al to pay for a season ticket so they can do their job? Would be a little rough as they can''t actually watch home games as they have to work during every home game.I can state for a fact that none of the people who work in Delia''s or the kiosks get free tickets.Would also seem a little rough to force members of the press to pay for tickets to games when they are providing a service to the club in providing match reports and increasing Norwich''s image. Don''t think you have really thought this through if it isn''t in fact a joke.[/quote]

Oh the easy come back now is that, yes, yes it was indeed a joke, hahahahaha, funny wasn''t it?

Shame it wasn''t pointed out that the now 20,000 season ticket holders will be saving on average something like £2-£3 a game if not more if they are concessions. Ooohhh - work that one out!!!! Thats like at least £40k a game over 23 home games which equates to over £900k! Bleedin sponging general public season ticket buyers! If it wasn''t for them we could have stayed up by getting Tiny or even better . . . daylight robbery thats what it is!

[/quote]Hey, I didn''t start this thread.I just couldn''t believe someone would really want all the groundsmen to have to buy season tickets to do their job....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Bobert"]The news that the Hucky Club is to cost £2,000 a season with twelve old players getting free membership makes me wonder how many people are on Feebees at home games at Norwich City and what does it cost? I am guessing but I would suggest Freebees cost about £120,000 a season with the make up being: Directors & Secretary meals and seat 6 x £1,000 Directors wives & partners 6 x £1,000 Vice Presidents 10 x 1000 Old players 14 x 2,000 Players wives & friends 30 x 500 Manager and backroom staff for their wives and partners 6 x £600 Stewards 40 x £500 Catering staff 20 x £500 Front of the house staff 10 x £500 Police 20 x $500 Ticket takers and programme sellers 20 x £500 Groundsmen 10 x £500 That is about £100,000 a season and add to that the Press and visiting team freebees so maybe £120,000. Then there is the Delia plane to far off places like Blackpool .... who I wonder pays for that. This is said to be the culture of football. Is it time to change? Should everyone pay?[/quote]

Leaving your financial figures to one side which in any case are surely sums of money you have just pulled out of the sky,how on earth have you arrived at such numbers as 20 catering staff,40 stewards and the most ridiculous of them 10 groundsmen? The 6 directors wives and partners is off beam as well as unless you did not know Delia and MWJ are married to each other.

Such a thread may have merit which i am sure Mr McNally would find useful in an effort to cut costs but it is based on no factual evidence whatsoever or to put it bluntly is fag packet accountancy.

[/quote]

I think, if you read the post again, he does state he is only making a mere guess. Are you the guy who finds all those mistakes in blockbuster movies and then ridicules the director for not noticing someones hair move between shots?

Well there are 20,000 who have bought season tickets and I don''t really see why any job vacancies should not first be offered to them in the same way that exsisting council workers get the first crack at new jobs thru the yellow pages.

Eventually the majority of staff would be season ticket holders

Its really a question of putting money into the club rather than taking it out. and making sure the Club keeps its nose clean with the Inland Revenue, As sure as eggs are eggs in this economic climate one day the Revenue will see some benefit that should be taxed especially when old players are getting a £2,000 tickets to the Hucky Club,

[quote user="Bobert"]Well there are 20,000 who have bought season tickets and I don''t really see why any job vacancies should not first be offered to them in the same way that exsisting council workers get the first crack at new jobs thru the yellow pages. Eventually the majority of staff would be season ticket holders Its really a question of putting money into the club rather than taking it out. and making sure the Club keeps its nose clean with the Inland Revenue, As sure as eggs are eggs in this economic climate one day the Revenue will see some benefit that should be taxed especially when old players are getting a £2,000 tickets to the Hucky Club,[/quote]

Oh dear god no?!!

So let me get this right. First of all someone has to fork out £500-ish (by your calculations) to buy a season ticket to then be able to apply for a job which would probably pay minimum wage for them NOT to sit in their seat and watch a game?

Also I don''t think it would do to offer random members of the supporters positions in the police force . . . . .

I really think this is clutching at very small straws here. Like I said, whatever you look at in terms of people working at the club on a matchday will always be outwayed by the amounts that the club looses simply through season ticket holders paying less on average than a normal turn up and pay fan.

The only argument you could deduce from that is that why do clubs bother with season tickets? And there are many good answers to that.

This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever read...If you worked in a night club would you expect to have to pay for entry when you go to work??A few times when I was younger I thought about applying for jobs at the club but didn''t because my season ticket would be wasted due too not being able t actually watch the matches. Do you also think Carrow Road is packed to the rafters with people who want to be working serving pies?

[quote user="king canary"]This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever read...

If you worked in a night club would you expect to have to pay for entry when you go to work??

A few times when I was younger I thought about applying for jobs at the club but didn''t because my season ticket would be wasted due too not being able t actually watch the matches. Do you also think Carrow Road is packed to the rafters with people who want to be working serving pies?
[/quote]

Now that Jamie Lad has gone, no.

As most of the directors, vice presidents etc PAY for their tickets the whole theory is flawed!

You might just be surprised how much the "prawn sandwich" brigade actually contribute on a match day. (clue:- they cost a lot more than a pie)

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]i can''t see why people that sells programmes outside the ground get 2 free tickets.... but i know they do.[/quote]Since when? I''ve known a couple of people who''ve sold programmes and they''ve only been given one.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Stewards get £20 a game, i imagine theres a good 100-150 on duty on a match day.[/quote]

But they must work for at least 4 hours per match day?

[quote user="yellow blood"]What about those non-playing subs...they''re not needed, somebody else could have paid to use that seat! Also those staff in and around the bench. Not sure of her name but the Masseuse that sits on the bench etc.[/quote]

Jo.