Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Matty Gill, Wycombe

Back of todays EDP, he is on his way to wycombe...would be a shame as he proveded good half time entertainment playing keepy-uppies [;)]

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]Do you think OTJ has a future with us???
Welsh international ???
[/quote]

nope, he seems to tall and doesn''t know where his feet are. (harsh i no but true)

Shame, I think he is good enough for League 1. Held is own when he played. Nothing special and probably not good enough for Championship. Sounds like Lambert''s offered him to Wycomb. We got him on a free didn''t we? So any fee is profit potentially.

What is strange is that I would have thought Tudor-Jones would be the first out the door considering he made the bench less and went out on loan. I said about a month ago that I expected one of the two to go but we would defenitely need another in if TJ went as well.

Would leave us with a very inexperienced midfield. If Russell stays you would have him, Smith, Adeyemi, Lappin and Spillane who have all played there, two of those arn''t really central midfielders and Adeyemi hasn''t got that many games yet.

Think OTJ may be kept - give him a decent preseason and see what he can do.

Lambert hasn''t released him yet....

[quote user="chicken"]

Shame, I think he is good enough for League 1. Held is own when he played. Nothing special and probably not good enough for Championship. Sounds like Lambert''s offered him to Wycomb. We got him on a free didn''t we? So any fee is profit potentially.

What is strange is that I would have thought Tudor-Jones would be the first out the door considering he made the bench less and went out on loan. I said about a month ago that I expected one of the two to go but we would defenitely need another in if TJ went as well.

Would leave us with a very inexperienced midfield. If Russell stays you would have him, Smith, Adeyemi, Lappin and Spillane who have all played there, two of those arn''t really central midfielders and Adeyemi hasn''t got that many games yet.

[/quote]I think you mean matty gill?

I believe that we had to pay swansea a clause in OTJ contract if we got promoted.

With Wycombe being relegated are we offering Gill as a make weight for any of their players???

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]... Stephen Hughes?

Adeyemi seems to have all the things required now for a good midfielder ,size, speed of feet and brain and a good work ethic,. I feel he just needs to strengthen up (very clear in the Huddersfield game?) and may benefit by a loan next season.

[quote user="Mutley"]With Wycombe being relegated are we offering Gill as a make weight for any of their players???
[/quote]

this is what I was thinking, but I have such a bad football memory and can not think of specific games I can''t remeber and players that stood out enough for me to name when we played wycombe.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

I believe that we had to pay swansea a clause in OTJ contract if we got promoted.

[/quote]

Read it again and take back your corrections . . . .

The first bit is about Gill as it is in response to your original post.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please don''t give him an excuse to post any more (not that he needs one)! This really should be renamed the I am a banana forum......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please don''t give him an excuse to post any more (not that he needs one)! This really should be renamed the I am a banana forum......

[/quote]

I am letting people know information that I know, gill and the 2 gks! I don''t see why there is a problem with this?

We will see whether this is true or not but I am pretty happy if this is the case. We need to clear out players who are unlikely to do the business at championship level next year because money is so tight we can''t carry anyone. I hope to see Tudur Jones follow him out the door. Hughes I still believe can do the business at the championship level despite a mediocre season this year. I know it''s not enough but in patches he has shown he has a nasty/combative streak and a bit of creativity.  The fact he has been given a lot more game time by Lambert than either Gill or T-J perhaps shows that Lambert thinks the same. But obviously I am just guessing. Tom Adeyemi is the interesting one for me. Judging how well Korey Smith has come on this season there is no reason why Adeyemi couldn''t do exactly the same this season. He is now that year older and stronger. However youngsters develop physically at different ages so even if his breakthrough doesn''t happen this year I am still confident he will play a lot of games for City and do well.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am letting people know information that I know, gill and the 2 gks! I don''t see why there is a problem with this?

[/quote]

And, of course, you are the only person in the world with access to today''s EDP?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And, of course, you are the only person in the world with access to today''s EDP?

[/quote]

but not everyone on here has access to the EDP [:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And why do you think this forum links to the pinkun homepage and the EDP site? [:O][:P][:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And why do you think this forum links to the pinkun homepage and the EDP site? [:O][:P][:P]

[/quote]But how many people go on that link before looking on the EDP website.[:P][;)][:O][Y] (were just getting silly now)

Would be a shame to see him go without having seen what he can do in a longer run in the team. Have seen him three times - the Colchester game, where he was crap, as were the entire team, when Rusty got himself an injury and was a substitute for him in which he acquitted himself very well and showed some good touches and Bristol away a few days ago in which I thought he was one of the better players on the team.

Still, if Wycombe are willing to take him and he wants to go, he goes with my best wishes. Not that they mean much.

Speaking of OTJ, I''d be happy to see him go as well. A L1 player at best, IMO.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But the EDP does have a website doesn''t it? In which case:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/

Simply click the Norwich City tab. So in fact most people on here can access the EDP.

[quote user="First Wizard"]As yet only an EDP rumour, his wages are far too high for them.[/quote]

Thank goodness that some people on here actually read what is written and understand it. Banana should be banned for mis-interpretation of information.

I fancy the look of that young winger Matt Phillips at Wycombe, and I could see Lambert as possibly going for him ''cause he probably knew him from his time at wycombe... dunno though.

[quote user="freddyf105"]I fancy the look of that young winger Matt Phillips at Wycombe, and I could see Lambert as possibly going for him ''cause he probably knew him from his time at wycombe... dunno though.[/quote]

Actually hang on a second, I''ve just read that he''s moving to Preston. Think I''m guiltier of not reading the article before posting this than Banana!

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="freddyf105"]I fancy the look of that young winger Matt Phillips at Wycombe, and I could see Lambert as possibly going for him ''cause he probably knew him from his time at wycombe... dunno though.[/quote]

Actually hang on a second, I''ve just read that he''s moving to Preston. Think I''m guiltier of not reading the article before posting this than Banana!

[/quote]Have Preston got the money though?

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]

Have Preston got the money though?
[/quote]

Apparantly 400 grand of it which suprised me... maybe we can get him on the cheap when they go under!