Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Ian Crook's Contract

I believe I''m right in saying that Crook''s contract runs out this month.

As his family are still in Oz could there be any truth in the Nicky Butt ''in a coaching role'' rumour that is going about ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i started the nicky Butt to Norwich thing on here a week back....glad to see its balooned![/quote]

OK fair play Jas !!!

But nevertheless Crooky''s contract is up, is he staying or going?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I believe I''m right in saying that Crook''s contract runs out this month.

As his family are still in Oz could there be any truth in the Nicky Butt ''in a coaching role'' rumour that is going about ?

[/quote]

I sat with Ian Crook at the end of season dinner and he told me that he has been offered another contract but he will be returning to Oz because he wants to be with his wife and children.Good luck to him he''s a very nice guy.

Gossy was helping out with the Reserves at the end of the season and working closely with Chippy, they know each other well and it seemed to work for them and the club, would guess/hope he is first in line for any coaching role at the club; he has the badges and his passion and committment to Norwich are there for all to see. If he can work that into his coaching, he''ll go a long way.

So thought he was favourite, but, as for Iwan, wasn''t there the story about, when he left the club, Delia said he was to "go away for a few years and then come back" sort of thing-get his badges, whatever? Might be between the two of them, but I''d go foR Gossy. Iwan watches a lot of football, maybe he''s up for the Chief Scout role?

I think that the club should not under estimate the part that Chippy has had to play in our success this season.Would love to see him stay, but have no idea what it would take to get him to commit the future of both himself and his family back to Norfolk for the foreseeable future?

[quote user="Smudger"]I think that the club should not under estimate the part that Chippy has had to play in our success this season.

Would love to see him stay, but have no idea what it would take to get him to commit the future of both himself and his family back to Norfolk for the foreseeable future?
[/quote]

I reckon he is still the best passer at the club by a mile. In the warm ups the standard of crosses he was putting in were sublime.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Gossy was helping out with the Reserves at the end of the season and working closely with Chippy, they know each other well and it seemed to work for them and the club, would guess/hope he is first in line for any coaching role at the club; he has the badges and his passion and committment to Norwich are there for all to see. If he can work that into his coaching, he''ll go a long way. So thought he was favourite, but, as for Iwan, wasn''t there the story about, when he left the club, Delia said he was to "go away for a few years and then come back" sort of thing-get his badges, whatever? Might be between the two of them, but I''d go foR Gossy. Iwan watches a lot of football, maybe he''s up for the Chief Scout role?[/quote]

This is sailing close to the ''We haven''t learnt from appointing previous players / club legends'' territory.

I have nothing against Iwan, but surely we should have realised from previous mistakes the appointments have got to be the best man for the job and not based on the fact someone has played for the club / been a club legend.

Anyhow, surely it''s up to Paul Lambert NOT Delia. Perhaps her heart ruling her head has led to our recent downfall, hopefully our new ''stronger board with added teeth'' are setting us on the right path.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I posted on here in about Feb time, saying that Chippy had told the management team that he would not be staying.[/quote]

Sorry cusdp, I must have forgotten it !!

This mental block comes to us all.

I should have paid more attention, for you are a poster I have great respect for.