Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Norwich City lead race for Forster

[quote user="singing canary"]i bet this has been sorted long before the season finished. clearly we have someone in mind as we wont be loaning out the 2 keepers we have[/quote]Buts not both loaned at the same time SC.

[quote user="singing canary"]we still need cover if one goes out wiz.[/quote]Rudd will be number 2 whilst Steer is out on loan and vice versa later in the season.There is no point having 3 keepers on the books at 1 time, if somebody was to pick up an injury we could just bring in a keeper on an emergency loan.

Don''t we also have Steve Arnold under them if it all goes tits up? He''s meant to be pretty good too!

I think the deal is all but done for FF to come back,please God!!! If we get him back we would have the start of a strong back bone.

Perfect scenario. We get FF for another season, and then sign an experience 35+ keeper on a year deal as a number 2. Rudd & Steer go out on loan to a small club (like Colchester Who?) ;0) and then come back next season with the experience to battle it out for the No’1 shirt.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Perfect scenario. We get FF for another season, and then sign an experience 35+ keeper on a year deal as a number 2. Rudd & Steer go out on loan to a small club (like Colchester Who?) ;0) and then come back next season with the experience to battle it out for the No’1 shirt.[/quote]No that''s not what''s going to happen. Steer will be loaned out for the first half of the season and Rudd the second half, meaning by the time Steer comes back he has some first team experience and game time so if needed he could fill in if our number 1 (hopefully Forster) gets suspended or injured. Meanwhile Rudd, who will be number 2 for the first half of the season, who is a bit more experienced and has some first team game time at Norwich, can fill in up until Christmas.

I really think Forster will be key for us next year again, he''s worth an extra 10 points if not more next season. If we can keep a solid back four for him to command with ease, we''ll be comfortable next year.Sending out Rudd and Steer on loan can only be good for them, just so long as they get lots of first team football. Who knows, if they really impress, then they could be ready to fill in as soon as Forster returns to Newcastle proper.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I think the deal is all but done for FF to come back,please God!!! If we get him back we would have the start of a strong back bone.[/quote]

Like you and others I think a deal was being done way before the end of the season, he knows the club and seemed very settled, and happy to be playing first team football instead of languishing on the bench, gaining no match time.  He has said in the press he wants first team football.

What do we have that any other CCC club has to offer one of the biggest thing is he settled in and he knows what Lambert and his team are all about, probably made good friends with the players and knows he is adored by the fans.

If and that''s a big if he comes back to NCFC he will, as you quite rightly state, part of a strong backbone which we will need to make progress this season.