Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Confused

A couple of weeks ago our chairman stated that we will have a budget to compete with the top six filling me full of hope for next season, and now Lambert has just been on Anglia news claiming that we won''t be able to compete with the top clubs because of the financial constraints we are under. Who are we to believe?

He looked a bit downbeat in that interview to me, hope we aren''t heading for another O''Neill type scenario.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/disp_doomed.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="kdncfc"]He looked a bit downbeat in that interview to me, hope we aren''t heading for another O''Neill type scenario.[/quote]He''s not the happiest of chappies at the best of times.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]You surely didn''t expect him to say we have shed loads of money did you? [;)][/quote]No but I just find it strange that the manager and chairman seem to be singing from different hymnsheets, don''t really know whether to feel hopeful or fearful tbh.

I wouldn''t be hitting the panic button just yet, wait and see what business is being done.  Like every person and business in a recession the hatches will be battoned down, NCFC is no different.

If we did have big money they wouldn''t be bragging about it, as we all know the prices will be bumped up.

The club have stated they will back him, we have to trust them at this time.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Perhaps someone can ask the Chairman during his web chat tomorrow. [/quote]

I certainly will if we are back home in time [Y]

It depends on how you look at things, having money to compete for the top 6 doesn''t mean it would be enough to compete with the top 2.

[quote user="morty"][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/disp_doomed.jpg[/IMG][/quote]Jesus. Looks like a good number of Flybe flights i''ve been on out of Norwich on a morning. And I had to read the paper on the way back with the broken plane from the morning on the front page. Boy did I get drunk before I got on the homeward leg..

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Perhaps someone can ask the Chairman during his web chat tomorrow. [/quote]Done.

A Manager''s budget will always be significantly more than what the board assume will be enough.

Which ever way you look at it, as a club we are broke. There isn''t a money tree or billionaire chairman. We won''t be making any big signings. Our new player money comes from getting rid of existing players.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

A Manager''s budget will always be significantly more than what the board assume will be enough.

Which ever way you look at it, as a club we are broke. There isn''t a money tree or billionaire chairman. We won''t be making any big signings. Our new player money comes from getting rid of existing players.

[/quote]I live in hope that one day that may change, at some stage in the hopefully not to distant future we WILL get taken over as plenty of other clubs have and we will have the money to make big signings and who''s to say it won''t happen sometime soon.