Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Norwich City Quiz

Hi all,

I have been asked to devise a Norwich City quiz and although i have a good bank of questions i am looking for some inspiration......

Have any of you got any good City based questions? What should the rounds be? Guess the team? Name the year? History? etc.....

Hopefully Pete can make this a sticky so it can stay here.

I would really appreciate your help and will even publish the finished article on here or speak to Tilly to get it as a NCISA night.....

Please can you email me at canusitdownplease@hotmail.co.uk or PM me with your questions or post your round suggestions here.

Many thanks

CUSDP

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]you could do a picture round by finding pictures of past and present players and cropping them, question of sport stylee
[/quote]

Now you definitely need a picture round, as its obviously the first thing we both thought of

A round on our exploits over the years in various cup competitions - FA, League, Uefa, even the legendary Texaco Trophy...[:D]

Most of the history and stats etc is covered in Canary Companion by Roger Smith - I''ve got a copy at home if you want some stuff from it.  I''ll have a look tonight and see if I can find some unusual facts for questions, will PM you later CUSDP ?

How about a music round, where you play clips of say 3 or 4 songs from a year, and people have to guess the "Norwich City event" associated with that year ?  e.g :So the question is :1999 - PrinceEverybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears For FearsThe Heat Is On - Glenn FreyThat Ole Devil Called Love - Alison MoyetAnd the answer is :1985 - Milk Cup Winners.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Most of the history and stats etc is covered in Canary Companion by Roger Smith - I''ve got a copy at home if you want some stuff from it.  I''ll have a look tonight and see if I can find some unusual facts for questions, will PM you later CUSDP ?
[/quote]

Cheers Blah, youre a gentleman!

Something to do with kits, like pictures of them and say name the year(s) they were worn, if we won anything in them, and famous players who would have worn them or something.

Name the last twenty goalkeepers to make an official first team appearance for Norwich City. (that''s inc loans, sub keepers making apps etc... it would go back to Graham Benstead I would imagine).

[quote user="The Chirp"]Name the last twenty goalkeepers to make an official first team appearance for Norwich City. (that''s inc loans, sub keepers making apps etc... it would go back to Graham Benstead I would imagine).[/quote]i don''t think it would we''ve had 4 this season alone

Im liking the sound of the kit names.

cross word?

give the people doing the quiz clues about a player.

e.g. Was the proud owner of the #1 shirt in the 2009-2010 kit! (easy answer, onyl played once0 [;)]

List the last 10 managers and get them put in chronological order?

List the last 10 Sponsors and get them in chronological order?

Show a Stadium plan, and guess the names of the different areas?

What name is the current Match Day program called?

Highest ever league finish position? Bonus for correct year?

Here''s one for you, When Norwich beat Cardiff 4 - 1 on 13th December 2003 Darren Huckerby, Iwan Roberts and a Tony Vidmar Own Goal were on the score sheet but who scored Norwich''s 3rd Goal?

How about a mystery person to be guessed via up to three clues, with varying points awarded for which clue they get the answer on.Clue 1 - difficult clue - 3pointsClue 2 - A bit easier - 2pointsClue 3 - easy clue - 1point

A "Where are they now round?" would be good - lets face it, there are plenty of players from recent history to choose from!

spelling test.

give them details about a player...played in goal in norwich citys 1-7 home defeat vs colchester.

They may guess who it is ...but can they spell it ?? [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sent you a PM CUSDP - I just picked some random stuff.  If you woud like anything specific, let me know ![/quote]

Blah thanks ever so much. i will def use those! Top man.

Everyone else, thanks and keep them coming!

How about a picture round - maybe kits with sponsors removed and guess the year, or merge three or four player''s faces into one then guess them all?

[quote]Here''s one for you, When Norwich beat Cardiff 4 - 1 on 13th December 2003 Darren Huckerby, Iwan Roberts and a Tony Vidmar Own Goal were on the score sheet but who scored Norwich''s 3rd Goal?[/quote]

Craig Fleming

[:)]