Sign in to follow this  
Carra_Rud

Poor old Colchester!!!

Classic, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Cowling sticks his oar in to much ?I mean , Id hate to have a boss like him.Can safely say that all his BS cost Colwho vs Us at the mud pit because his bs put to much pressure on his players before a ball had even been kicked

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS!
[/quote]Note to Colchester, it is up to the selling club to agree compensation BEFORE giving permission to a club to speak to their manager.

Note to Colchester, it is up to the selling club to agree compensation BEFORE giving permission to a club to speak to their manager.

Spot on - well said! The words ''Cart'' and ''Horse'' come to mind!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS!
[/quote]

Are you sure you have understood this situation correctly? Isn''t it more likely that Colchester will be providing compensation to Coventry for taking Boothroyd off their hands. I see the article you refer to saying compensation has been agreed but it doesn''t actually say who''s paying who, does it? Does Colchester have any other managers they are horse-trading for? Perhaps Ian Dowie is a possibility. He doesn''t achieve much on the pitch but apparently he scares the criminal element when he walks around town. It does seem that most of your trading activity is now for managers rather than players. Personally, I think Englands centuries past capital deserves better.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="singing canary"]what''s happened to the Norwich case then..?

they may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and take Coventry to court the same time

save them money on legal fees.[/quote]we don''t need to, they''ve gone about there business properly like the rest of us and agreed terms with Colchester before talking to him.[/quote]

ah you see, this is down to you having a better quality of manager this time round. before you weren''t bothered b ecause he was so easily replaceable, by said improvement. now you''ve got a manager who can ''JUST'' miss out on the play offs, you are more inclined to seek recompence for this better manager. having said that you''d obviously expect to get seriously less compensation off of us than you get when boothroyd jumps ship ( well dinghy) due to the fact you would currently be losing a far superior manager

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Are you sure you have understood this situation correctly? Isn''t it more likely that Colchester will be providing compensation to Coventry for taking Boothroyd off their hands. I see the article you refer to saying compensation has been agreed but it doesn''t actually say who''s paying who, does it? Does Colchester have any other managers they are horse-trading for? Perhaps Ian Dowie is a possibility. He doesn''t achieve much on the pitch but apparently he scares the criminal element when he walks around town. It does seem that most of your trading activity is now for managers rather than players. Personally, I think Englands centuries past capital deserves better.

[/quote]

I think alot of Colchester fans would pay for Coventry to take him off our hands,we was warned by Watford fans about Aidys style of play and his lack of tactical knowledge. We did start well with his hoofball but when teams got used to it he just didn''t have a plan B hence why we had such a sh*t end to our season. I personally think the way we played the last couple of months is the worst i have seen Colchester ever play and beleive me i have seen some sh*t before.

Colchester fans must feel like Christmas has come early. Under Bothroyd they started well but have dropped away alarmingly and have played some awful football to boot. The fact Cowling has made no attempt to keep Bothroyd unlike the resistance he put up to keep Lambert tells you everything you need to know. This is a great opportunity for Colchester to get someone proven at winning promotion from this league like Steve Tilson on board. Plus they are effectively getting paid to do it.

[quote user="cufcone"]

I think alot of Colchester fans would pay for Coventry to take him off our hands,we was warned by Watford fans about Aidys style of play and his lack of tactical knowledge. We did start well with his hoofball but when teams got used to it he just didn''t have a plan B hence why we had such a sh*t end to our season. I personally think the way we played the last couple of months is the worst i have seen Colchester ever play and beleive me i have seen some sh*t before.

[/quote]Sounds like Norwich got it right for once even though I''m still not entirely happy how we went about it.If we''re honest back in August I think most Norwich fans would have preferred to have seen your guy at Carrow Road rather than Paul Lambert, mainly because Boothroyd had had some success with Watford in the Premiership and Lambert was an unknown quantity. How things change.With hindsight it looks as though we''ve come out with much the better deal although whether Lambert would have been able to get Colchester promoted we''ll never know. Certainly in that first game in August they tore us to shreds. We were so poor that day that anyone would have fancied their chances against us but I thought Colchester certainly looked a good bet for a challenge in the Play-Offs.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS![/quote]

How can you possibly ahve a claim for compensation against Norwich for Lambert when within days of Lambert leaving your chairman was proudly announcing the appointment of Boothroyd stating that Boothroyd was a better managre than Lambert !

I think we can take that comment with a pinch of salt. To be fair to Cowling what else was he meant to say? He wasn''t exactly going to come out and say ''I think Bothroyd is inferior to Lambert but it''s the best we can do'' was he? I don''t like Cowling but give him his due he does back up his managers where possible.

Looks like it''s Aidy.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2055896,00.html

I personally think it''s a very bizarre move. He''s clearly shown himself to be a limited manager unable to get a team playing good, attacking football. The only positive I will say is he''s very good developing young players. But Coventry aren''t exactly renowned for bringing through good young talent, are they?

Lets face it, this is probably good news for Colchester. Bad news for Coventry. Boothroyd plays such poor football. Apparently he was very close to being appointed before Roeder got the job.

I dislike Colchester, however they can go on and benefit from this.

There are joyous celebrations going on all over Colchester. Never known a manager of a team in the top 6 to be so hated by the fans. The football they played was so bad I know people who actually stopped going even though they were still winning games. Eventually they were proved right when they slid out of the playoffs to finish 8th.

Hopefully ColU can get the right man in this time and get in the playoffs next season.

[quote user="Col Canary"]

There are joyous celebrations going on all over Colchester. Never known a manager of a team in the top 6 to be so hated by the fans. The football they played was so bad I know people who actually stopped going even though they were still winning games. Eventually they were proved right when they slid out of the playoffs to finish 8th.

Hopefully ColU can get the right man in this time and get in the playoffs next season.

[/quote]The problem at Colchster is, and always will be, Cowling himself!

Until he buggers off failure will be the only option.

The problem with Boothroyd isn''t that his team like to get the ball forward quickly (the polite way of saying hoofball) but that he doesn''t seem to know how to react when things go badly. He seems like one of those motivational managers like Iain Dowie who have probably read lots of American sports books and go into the dressing room spouting all their positivity nonsense. When the team starts winning this all sounds good but when they start losing, do the players stop listening?

one less team we will have to worry about next season then

Just been reading Cowlings statement on the col who site and found this in there-"Finally, I would like to thank Coventry City''s

chairman, Ray Ranson, for the professional manner in which he conducted

himself during this matter."
Really cant stop himself having a little dig at us can he! I wonder if the Col Who fans are giving him as much stick as they gave Lambert or maybe they have waken up and smelt the coffee and realised they are a micky mouse club

after all the hype over Lambert, an ex norwich man Boothroyd takes charge and goes on a run of 1 win in 13 games meaning not making the play offs and then leaves the club.

PRICELESS.....................

[quote user="Sparky"]

after all the hype over Lambert, an ex norwich man Boothroyd takes charge and goes on a run of 1 win in 13 games meaning not making the play offs and then leaves the club.

PRICELESS.....................

[/quote]

lol couldn''t make it up eh? 

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Wonder how much compensation Coventry paid.[/quote]

£750,000 and they are starting on -6 points.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just been reading Cowlings statement on the col who site and found this in there-
"Finally, I would like to thank Coventry City''s chairman, Ray Ranson, for the professional manner in which he conducted himself during this matter."

[/quote]

Robbie Cowdung should had conducted himself a little more professionally (eg with at least a modicum of business sense) in August last year when Lambert wanted to leave Col Who.

He’s learnt his lesson now, and he agreed a severance payment with Coventry as he should have done with City.

Simple.