Sign in to follow this  
Carra_Rud

Poor old Colchester!!!

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/2010/05/19/coventry-city-in-talks-with-colchester-united-s-aidy-boothroyd-92746-26477853/I wouldn''t of believed it, if I hadn''t just seen it with my own eyes.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]I do hope they have agreed compensation!
[/quote]Link doesn''t work and nothing on Col boards.............a wind up?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carra_Rud"]I do hope they have agreed compensation![/quote]Link doesn''t work and nothing on Col boards.............a wind up?[/quote]Copy and paste link, and no its not a wind up. Its on SkySports too.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carra_Rud"]I do hope they have agreed compensation![/quote]Link doesn''t work and nothing on Col boards.............a wind up?[/quote]

Coventry City in talks with Colchester United''s Aidy Boothroyd

May 19 2010

'');

tm.siteLife.daapi.getArticle(

"45-92746-26477853",

function(article){

tm.siteLife.display.displayCommentCount(

article,

''sitelife-commentsWidget-top'',

false,

''Comments'',

true

);

}

);

})();//call anonymous function

//]]>

AIDY Boothroyd has emerged as the latest candidate on Coventry

City’s shortlist of potential new managers.

The 39-year-old is understood to have been given permission by his

club Colchester United to speak to the Sky Blues and was at the Ricoh

Arena this afternoon for talks.

Take

part in the Telegraph''s Sky Blues'' fans season survey here....

The former Watford boss has been the subject of a major gamble

today, with Sky Bet cutting his odds from 10-1 to 1-4 to succeed Chris

Coleman, who was sacked following the 4-0 home defeat to the Hornets on

the last day of the season.

Coventry City held talks with Notts County manager Steve Cotterill

earlier this week as chairman Ray Ranson worked through his shortlist of

candidates.

Sky Bet’s football betting spokeswoman Helen Jacob said: "This

substantial gamble has come out of the blue given that Boothroyd does

not seem to have been linked with Coventry, so we are keenly watching

out for news emanating from the Ricoh Arena.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Who would want to stay as manager of that over performing sunday league club?[/quote]It gets better, now their offy boards shut down!

I would first like to add my support to Colwho and their fans...........nahhhhhhh sod that..... LMFAO hope he goes [:D]

They say what goes around comes around, and it does.

Like this bit 

The 39-year-old is understood to have been given permission by his club Colchester United to speak to the Sky Blues and was at the Ricoh Arena this afternoon for talks.

I wonder if they will try and pull a fast one like with us [:O]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Who would want to stay as manager of that over performing sunday league club?[/quote]It gets better, now their offy boards shut down![/quote]

Hmmmm wouldn''t work for me either, how odd lol

This would be so funny, if true.

You wonder what "Condtions" Gobbie Cowling will have attached to his "permission to talk." It''s a bit early this time to try to include "the costs of their pre-season tour and all the players signed by the manager" within his compensation claim!

Regardless of what happens, Cowling will make capital out of this, and at our expense...if, IF, Bothroyd leaves and goes to Coventry, expect a press release from him along the lines of...

"...it was a pleasure dealing with Coventry City and their Chairman who have dealt with this matter in a thoroughly professional manner at all times, unlike the Chairman and board of another club...bla bla bla..."

He''ll use this situation to rub our noses in it again, should the opportunity arise.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Regardless of what happens, Cowling will make capital out of this, and at our expense...if, IF, Bothroyd leaves and goes to Coventry, expect a press release from him along the lines of... "...it was a pleasure dealing with Coventry City and their Chairman who have dealt with this matter in a thoroughly professional manner at all times, unlike the Chairman and board of another club...bla bla bla..." He''ll use this situation to rub our noses in it again, should the opportunity arise.[/quote]

He might try, but we aren''t the ones languishing again in League one [:D]

[quote user="GMF"]This would be so funny, if true. You wonder what "Condtions" Gobbie Cowling will have attached to his "permission to talk." It''s a bit early this time to try to include "the costs of their pre-season tour and all the players signed by the manager" within his compensation claim![/quote]

Wouldn''t put it past him would ya lol

Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS![/quote]No, its a lesson learned for you, I think you''ll find.It wasn''t us that got burned by being stupid.[:)]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS!
[/quote]

Hi, I only have the link posted here to go on and it certainly doesn''t say compensation has been agreed, can you please point me in the direction of an articale where it states this please?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS![/quote]

Hi, I only have the link posted here to go on and it certainly doesn''t say compensation has been agreed, can you please point me in the direction of an articale where it states this please?

[/quote]there you go:http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~2055777,00.html[Y]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Note to Norwich, this is how you appoint a manager, Aidy is now speaking to them AFTER compensation has been agreed. We''ll get compensation for Lambert''s replacement before Lambert himself FFS!
[/quote]

Still not over it...[8-)]

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
there you go:
http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~2055777,00.html
[Y]
[/quote]

Cheers for that! As I was growing up I was always told it is ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and don''t repeat them so a gold star for Mr Howling for learning from HIS mistake last time round!

[/quote]

Note to Col Who. You''re such a tin pot little outfit that even a mediocre hoofer of a manager can''t wait to get out of Dodge. Who will you go for next, has the physio got his badges?

evidently no one wants to stay there hehe , cant wait to get out of there , mind having been there on a number of occasions with work i cant really blame them and who wants to manage a council team lol

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Nobody wants to work for that hitshed of a chairman. [:D][/quote]Is probably the real reason.

what''s happened to the Norwich case then..?

they may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and take Coventry to court the same time

save them money on legal fees.

[quote user="singing canary"]what''s happened to the Norwich case then..?

they may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and take Coventry to court the same time

save them money on legal fees.[/quote]we don''t need to, they''ve gone about there business properly like the rest of us and agreed terms with Colchester before talking to him.