Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Lamberts mistakes !

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal

2. Saying goodbye to Gary Doherty

3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger

4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. coming soon ...[/quote]I can''t agree with you there YR. We can''t class them as mistakes until next season.1. We aren''t going to send loads of players out on loan in one go - Lambert plans to send Rudd and Steer out on loan at different points in the season2. We can''t say releasing Doc is a mistake until we find out how our defense is next season. I do think that he should have been offered a new contract but he is ageing and on quite high wages, so if he was I would have offered lower wages which he may have turned down anyway3. What you said about Drury I think is complete nonsense. He is ageing now but he has played at premiership level, I know that this was some time ago but he won POTS in the 2002-2003 season, was named as captain for the 03-04 season and at the end of the season lifted the championship trophy.4. I feel that Rudd may possibly be ok to play for us next season, but last season I still think he only made about 5 appearances for us (Forster''s sending-offs x2, Forster''s suspensions x2, and the FA Cup game v Paulton Rovers), and so of course these were against L1 sides or lower - Paulton is a tiny non-league side. Sending him and Steer out on loan is a very good idea. If Rudd is sent out on loan to get more experience I believe that he could turn into a new Robert Green in a few years time.

Well I hope you are all right .. and I''m wrong but I predict a strong relegation fight next season .. our form since Southampton at home has been poor .. even Carlisle outplayed us .. so we need a lot of strenghtening .. I rest my case .. thanks for your honest opinion.

but our form has been better than anyone this season in that division.

cant really go by a couple of bad results ,every team has them .

would you tip leeds to go straight back down..?

didn''t Leicester have a couple of bad results last season like us .

a good team wins games even if they don''t play pretty ....

[quote user="YellowRoad"]our form since Southampton at home has been poor[/quote]Played 14 - Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 3, Scored 22, Conceded 12.  This is clearly unacceptable.

By sounds of it, we''re allowing Rudd on loan for some of the season to get 1st team football. Then we''re letting Steer on loan for the same reason. Exactly why is this a "mistake" to allow young, potentially able goalkeepers out to get first team experience that will make them better players?

No reserve league is only a mistake if you don''t get regular, decent opposition to replace it - just as Roeder did when he pulled us out of the league.

Allowing the Doc to go is only a mistake if someone better doesn''t come in to replace him. The jury''s out on this one.

Adam Drury is one the best left backs we''ve had for some time. We are clearly a poorer team without him.

And as for more mistakes "coming soon"? FOYSC

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Adam Drury is not good enough anymore for Championship football .. don''t tell me that I''ve not warned you, he was good but that was some time ago ... sorry

And Doherty is miles ahead of Drury

Okay Norwich Football Club is to blame for not having a Reserve side anymore .. oh dear 1st we had 1pm k.o. .. now we have not a side anymore .. maybe crowd trouble again v Great Yarmouth

Play Declan Rudd if you can''t have Forster .. he''s good enough .. we played Green when he was young .. because he was good enough !

Sorry Paul but you (still) seem to be a Saint and people are blind to see that you make mistakes too[/quote]Bookmark this ladies :D

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="YellowRoad"]our form since Southampton at home has been poor[/quote]Played 14 - Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 3, Scored 22, Conceded 12.  This is clearly unacceptable.[/quote]Truly Shocking!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="YellowRoad"]our form since Southampton at home has been poor[/quote]

Played 14 - Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 3, Scored 22, Conceded 12.  This is clearly unacceptable.
[/quote]
Truly Shocking!
[/quote]

Project that over a whole season and we would have finished with 95 points. Thats utter crap. Lambert out!

Since when were we not having a reserve team anymore? My understanding was that  this way the reserve team could play fixtures against the right opponents and at times when they wanted to play them ie if we have 2 or 3 players coming back from injury fixtures could be arranged around getting them fit. Lets face it as well, young players would learn far more getting stuffed by Arsenel reserves than beating Steveange reserves ( with all due respect to Stevenage reseves ) 7 - 0. Surely you can see what players are made of much easier playing top sides. Also if we are loaning players out surely they learn much faster playing in a competitive 1st team than a reserve team with no atmosphere, that has 5 or 6 changes every game, depending on who is available.

Lambert is a rutheless manager something that we have needed for a long time. Personally if the decision was mine I would have kept Docherty, but I am not the person paid to follow this clubs business plan. Succeed or not we live or die by Lamberts decisions, but I cant think of a better manager ( within reason ) that I would trust to deliver more than him. I really cant think of a better manager to take this club forward, so if he fails I for one would say that the right the person was still given the job. 

1 - How can sending our brightest prospects out on loan to get games under their belt + experience be a bad idea ?2 - Agree''d.      Although he has proven before that he cannot deal with the step to the Championship IMO.      Assuming hes one of the higher earners.... to get rid of someone who isnt going to be up to the standard next season is a good thing and hopefully      Whitbred can come in or Askou or a new player.3 - Yes and No, can be very good / can be shiyte.4 - Rubbish point, he isnt going to play so send him out (see 1).

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal 2. Saying goodbye to Gary Doherty 3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger 4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season ! 5. coming soon ...[/quote]

Oi Gunny, these mobiles won''t sell themselves, off the computer and get back to the floor, bad enough Theo''s just dropped a whole load of printer cartridges everywhere, it''s gonna take Fozzy weeks to clear that up.....

1. Very few of us actually know whether or not this may be a mistake or not. Time will tell. Didn''t work under Roeder.

2. Gary Doherty was our highest earner, I was surprised like most but can understand the logic; no point in being critical until all business is done and dusted.

3. If you stopped watching us after the 7-1, then yes you''re right, if like me, you''ve watched them all season, then you''re talking nonsense. He''s been fantastic all season. Wish we had a Drury for the right.

4.I agree that loaning a keeper to a club in a division below for valuable 1st team experience is a waste of time, just like it was for Newcastle with Forster. Oh and Lewis too, Morecambe wasn''t it? And a subsequent biggish money move to P''boro.

5. Make sure you clean up after yourself

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Proof, if it were needed, that some people cannot see a troll when it is looking them in the face WAY[/quote]

Indeed PC, indeed [:)]

1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal
3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger 4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. Coming soon ...  well sooner than I thought, Ian Crooks departure by mutual consent, did he have a choice, no Reserve side to coach .. no games .. no Ian Crook. Shame one of our best players in recent Norwich City history has gone !

But it''s all about money money money ....

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal
3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger 4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. Coming soon ...  well sooner than I thought, Ian Crooks departure by mutual consent, did he have a choice, no Reserve side to coach .. no games .. no Ian Crook. Shame one of our best players in recent Norwich City history has gone !

But it''s all about money money money ....

[/quote]

Its time you went to school

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal

3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger

4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. coming soon ...[/quote]

What are you smoking ?Doc leaving is the best thing to happen to the club since promotion and Rudd clearly isnt ready !!No offence Rudd... but if we get Forster its a no brainer

Go back to Ipswich you stupid binner troll !

YellowRoad; do you live in a cave? Ian Crook was saying he was off to Oz to be with his family weeks ago. His contract ending by mutual consent is simply so he can leave now.

Idiot.