Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Lamberts mistakes !

1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal

2. Saying goodbye to Gary Doherty

3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger

4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. coming soon ...

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal

3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger

4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season !

5. coming soon ...[/quote]Write to him and see what he says.

What the hell is the Adam Drury one about? Declan Rudd on loan because he isn''t going to be playing first team for us next season so whats the harm in seeing how good and consistent he is in other leagues. Loaning out players is a good thing imo, we can see how good our players really are?

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/do_not_feed_trolls.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal 2. Saying goodbye to Gary Doherty 3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger 4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season ! 5. coming soon ...[/quote]

Don''t think the reserve thing was his idea- I think it was Mcnally''s in an effort 2 save funds... And drury bad? what you on about?

Isn''t it amazing how things change! 

First of all when Lambert said at the start of the season Doherty had no future at the club everyone was laughing at Doherty and praising Lambert up for getting rid of the dead wood, but when we release Doherty at the end of the season it is the worst thing to ever happen to Norwich!!!

Also just because he released Doherty, Lambert has gone from being God, to a potential flop!  Lambert is a very good manager, the best up and coming manager in Britain so leave him be, has he got anything wrong yet?

Also you couldn''t be more wrong about Drury if you tried!!!

To be fair I agree with these points (other than the Drury one), although I understand why Doherty was released (wages, age etc.), butI think some of us need to realise Lambert isn''t perfect and will make mistakes.

Oh and the reserve thing is that since we were eased out of the Prem reserve league the standard of the sides we have met at reserve level has been awful, and therefore not even worth bothering with.

Adam Drury is not good enough anymore for Championship football .. don''t tell me that I''ve not warned you, he was good but that was some time ago ... sorry

And Doherty is miles ahead of Drury

Okay Norwich Football Club is to blame for not having a Reserve side anymore .. oh dear 1st we had 1pm k.o. .. now we have not a side anymore .. maybe crowd trouble again v Great Yarmouth

Play Declan Rudd if you can''t have Forster .. he''s good enough .. we played Green when he was young .. because he was good enough !

Sorry Paul but you (still) seem to be a Saint and people are blind to see that you make mistakes too

1.chris martin was loaned out and came back a better player ...so has fraser foster.

2 the is better defenders than the doc ,as we got relegated with him in the heart of defence last time round.

3 ..adam drury is a solid left back ,proven this season and when we got promoted to the premiership.

4.putting rudd out on loan as he is not experienced enough for championship football ,only being 19.

why would we play rudd ,when forster if he returns is a quality keeper..?

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Adam Drury is not good enough anymore for Championship football .. don''t tell me that I''ve not warned you, he was good but that was some time ago ... sorry

And Doherty is miles ahead of Drury

Okay Norwich Football Club is to blame for not having a Reserve side anymore .. oh dear 1st we had 1pm k.o. .. now we have not a side anymore .. maybe crowd trouble again v Great Yarmouth

Play Declan Rudd if you can''t have Forster .. he''s good enough .. we played Green when he was young .. because he was good enough !

Sorry Paul but you (still) seem to be a Saint and people are blind to see that you make mistakes too[/quote]The only thing out of the 4 that I agree with (although we would still probably need to get another keeper in on loan, with or without Forster as Steer has no first team experience yet).As for what you have to say about Doherty and Drury you are talking out of your backside!

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

To be fair I agree with these points (other than the Drury one), although I understand why Doherty was released (wages, age etc.), butI think some of us need to realise Lambert isn''t perfect and will make mistakes.

[/quote]Yeah, but why moan about the mistakes he hasn''t even made yet? 

Drury is our best defender and has been for a long time, you will have to travel a very long way to find a better left back than him outside the Premiership.  He is very solid, does not let the attacker get past him easily and is good going forward.  He is proven at Championship level and if you say a long time ago, two season ago is not a long time and he also proved in the Premiership that he can play there two.  Drury is the only certainty to make the Championship grade and if you think he is a bad defender then I would like to know what a good defender is to you.

So this would mean R.Martin is better than Drury then if you are saying what you are saying?  Drury and R.Martin aren''t even on the same planet.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Which Reserve side was poor ? We were poor too last season, look at our bad results v so poor teams (?) !!![/quote]Lol, you''re not the sharpest, are you?

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal

5. coming soon ...[/quote]1. I agree with point 1 if we don''t loan out a lot of them but if we do then first team football is more valuable than reserve football.2. I don''t think we can really judge whether that was a mistake or not until we see his replacement.3. I''m not sure how this is a Lambert mistake? For what, playing him? He''s been great this season so you can''t really argue there.4. Another one that is hard to judge right now until we know who the first choice keeper will be next season. If it''s Fraser Forster then it seems to be the correct decision, I would prefer to see him and Steer getting first team experience then sitting on the bench for the whole season.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Okay we are too good to bother reserve team football .. my god .. what an arrogance[/quote]Jesus.I''ll make this simple.Playing reserve teams that are WAY below our level is not an adequate way of preparing players for the first team. Loaning out selected players so they can get regular first team football and arranging practise matches against decent opposition for the rest of them is more likely to be a suitable test.

[quote user="singing canary"]sorry yellow road, completely disagree regarding Drury,when fit he is one of the most consistent players we have .[/quote]Certainly the best defender we have and I would say that he is probably still in the top 10 full backs outside of the top flight... [Y]There is absolutely ZERO chance of the Doc ever playing for a side that wins promotion to the Premiership in my opinion.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]1. No Reserve side playing league matches next season, so we are going to loan out a lot of our players which is not ideal 2. Saying goodbye to Gary Doherty 3. Adam Drury as a left back in your team is like playing with 10 men and a lot of SPACE for their winger 4. Declan Rudd on loan, come on ??? He''s even good enough to play in our team next season. When called up, he was very very good last season ! 5. coming soon ...[/quote]

Point one I would go along with provisionally. It is just a good way of ensuring that those who aren''t making the first team get some games under their belt. The likes of Hoolahan excelled in reserve games and that got them back in the picture. Plus it has allowed Askou and Whitbread to make steady comebacks from injury. It also helped to illustrate that for Theoklitos the Colchester game wasn''t just a one off. Glenn Roeder believed he could arrange more competitive and better quality friendlies but generally struggled to do this as most sides were busy when he tried to arrange games. I don''t think playing the majority of games a Colney can be regarded as expensive either. So lets hope Lambert can do a better job. If so it was a good decision but if he cant arrange games it was a poor one.

Doherty is another point I would go along with to a certain degree. He made the league one team of the year and was third in the player of the season vote. I don''t know where we''re going to a better centre back on a free transfer. I think Doherty has been our most consistent centre back all season, although I do think Nelson and Askou have matched him at times when they have had a good run of games. I am sad he has left but we have 4 capable centre backs so it isn''t the end of the world. Plus who knows Lambert might have something up his sleeve already for us. You can ultimately only judge whether it was the right decision by the quality of replacement which comes in.

As for Drury that is utter garbage. By far the best left back in league one and certainly one of the best in the league above. It is ever so rare that you see him get beaten on the outside. I don''t think Michael Rose is actually too bad a left back but such is Drury''s superiority to him I was mightily relieved when he came back into the side after injury. How you can knock the only player in our team who I feel is completely proven at championship level and an absolute certainty to handle the step back up is beyond me.

Declan Rudd is a very good goalkeeper you are right. But you have forgotten one small factor. Fraser Forster was absolutely incredible last season (that gaffe at Leeds aside). So its make season for Rudd to get out and play games if we can get Forster back. That way he will improve and can take the glove once Forster leaves. If Steer goes out on loan too then we will have 2 keepers who have been toughened up and can hopefully push each other for the shirt in the way Given and Harper did for years. Its actually a really sensible move.

So Lambert hasn''t done too badly. Plus he won the division by a country mile with a team that looked like a bunch of no hopers at the start of the season. So I confident he will replace Doherty and the reserve fixtures. OTBC

How about your mistake........ Posting a load of tosh about Drury!

Drury has been our best defender this season and has been brilliant... I''m sure next season will be the same!

people forget he was injured , to be honest to get back to the form he has shown after a lay off he had ,shows me his quality ,which player would i keep ...

Doc or Drury..?

Drury, every time.

the doc has had a good season at lower level.

he is not good enough for a top 6 finish in the championship .

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Hey morty,

How come when you argue with this guy, you make sense, but when you argue with me, you don''t?[/quote]Think about it, it''ll come to you eventually.[:)]

[quote user="canarywales"]Ffs Drury is easily best left back outside the prem and could still do a good job there[/quote]He is certainly good, but I think you are going a little overboard with your praise here.  Was he even the best left back in Div 1 this season?A lot of people would say that Millwall''s Tony Craig has given Drury at least a good run for his money for best left back in the league this season.