Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Birmingham v Norwich Predictions

What are your predictions for the match?

i think we will have another win, this may seem too optimistic but here are my reasons:

Confidence is soaring (i assume)
Having watched Birmingham they seem beatable and especially the way we played.
Birmingham are missing Heskey and a few other main players.

I predict 1-0 to norwich

After watching them yesterday we should be able to bang in a few goals. Their defence is probably worse than ours. We just have to make sure we don''t make any stupid mistakes and play for the entire 90 minutes and it''s definately winnable

This is not such an easy game as everyone is predicting imo. Sure Brum only drew with Blackburn 3-3 at the weekend, I think that they will have to much firepower for us and I can''t see us outscoring them, our strikers aren''t getting many opportunities or creating many chances, and we can''t leave it totally up to Damo. I''m going to go for a 2-1 loss but will be more than happy with a point.

They have Savage, Dunn, Gronkjaer, Melchiot, Upson, Cunningham, Julian Gray, Dwight Yorke etc etc etc

Although some of these are "fading stars", or haven''t performed too well this season, I CAN''T believe that everyone is so confident of beating them at their ground!!!!

Come on people - can''t you see that you''re just getting yourselves all worked up? If we struggle for a result, we''re looking at more "Worthy Out" calls and "We''re definitely going down" posts.

Without wishing to be patronising, try to remember that they have a big squad of very good players.

I duno Birmingham are a very physical team who could exploit us in the air, i think we got a little bit lucky on Saturday that when Southampton started playing long, they didnt get onto any of the knock downs, ill go for a 1-1 or 2-1 defeat

Can''t see any other result here than a defeat I''m afraid, although I said the same for Southampton!

St Andrews has never been a happy hunting ground for us and this is the strongest Birmingham City team (in terms of quality players) that we''ve faced for years. Plus, on a superstitious note, we never win when I''m working.

A dull game with a 1-0 defeat on the cards, Heskey to score with a spectacular effort from outside the box.OTBC

On sunday''s game, not too much to worry about here in my opinion, apart from Melchiot marauding down the right hand side, and Huckerby getting caugh forward/Drury exposed, you all know the routine.

Neither Blackburn or Birmingham could offer anything that seemed superior to ourselves, so if they play like that on Saturday, it is game on.

I remember a 4-0 win there in early 80''s - all the sweeter as I had drawn Corbierein the grand nationa sweep and he won too!

I''ll be really happy with a point though, as I can also remember a 4-0 defeat recently, courtesy of Tommy Moody hat-trick.

My target was 7 points out of Southampton, B''Ham and Fulham so a point will be a good result.

Pete - time for a sickie methinks if we lose when you work; not that I''m superstitious or anything

I am a poor footie forecaster especially when it comes to City, so  I will opt for my most fitting scenario :-

In the 89th minute its 0-0, Brom get a penalty yuck ! Greeno saves it hooray !

Straight to other end and Hucks is brought down, PENALTY ! Huckerby scores ! We win and it''s Cardiff revisited.

How apt would that be then ?

Quietly confident on this one. Although the midlands is not a particulary happy hunting ground for us.  I watched the B''ham/B''burn game on Sunday and thought that Savage & Melchiot were very good, Savage is box to box & Melchiot has the ability to go past defenders as if they weren''t there. (Please take note Adam Drury).

Gronkjaer was AWFUL, really bad, whether it was an off day I don''t know but hopefully he will play like that against us. When Yorke came on he had some nice touches but that was it.  The Birmingham defence in general was terrible, all over the place, they didn''t hold the line for offsides so even Hux & Leon could stay onside and exploit their lack of pace in the middle.

Julian Gray has pace but looked a bit out of place at full back, something else that Worthy could work on with Hux & Leon. I feel that Mullers could make the difference on Saturday if he gets his passing head on and is allowed to play his game.

Steven Reid was excellent at bursting through the midfield when Brum started to tire late on, which our new God, Damo does very well, so another plus point then. 

So, all in all no problems then?  OTBC