Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Look what I found my first NCFC game ticket :)

The teleprinter was great, the only bit of technology and it had a stutter !

When we first went up in 72 there wasn''t any barriers between the two sets off fans. Mostly the few that did turn went into the river end, occassionally making their way round along the back off the South Stand. Plod often had the task of linking arms to try and keep the fans apart.

Singing was singing, lost of different chants and songs. Not like the wooden cuckoo clock stuff you get know. Best memories were of Jim Bone. Ball goes down the wing, crossed and whallop over you would go during a ''surge'', only to get up and see Jimmy Bone urging the crowd on. Oddily enough no one seemed to get injured.

Scarves tied round the wrist or hanging off the side of your jeans. Always an away fan in a white ''butchers coat'' with some slogan written on it. Sat on the back of the Barclay drinking brown and mild before the game, christ knows how I got served as I was still able to get through the kids and oaps turnstile and even a junior ticket on Eastern Counties buses up to the game (if I was lucky)

Seems a bit too dull nowadays