Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

I'm suprised

We''ve been linked to a lot of players so far but not very many of them so far have been strikers. Do you think this position will be one of Lambert''s priorities or does he think wee have enough up top. I hope we add one more experienced Championship striker to the side with a decent scoring record. Leon Best anyone?

Build from the back. We need to be able to not leak goals first and formost. Have a poor defence and you will need more than just a couple of high scoring strikers.

In fairness what we have in Holt and Martin should be ok, if we get anything else in it simply has to be another target man. I say that because at the moment we have Holt and when he is injured Chris Martin and Oli have to do the best they can in a role that quite clearly isnn''t their favoured one.

Crofts is only 5''9" so if he is a replacement to Russell we will be loosing height in midfield.

The real measure of things to come will be if we sign someone who can play right wing. At the moment it looks as tho its like for like in terms of Russell possibly going and Crofts coming in. Unless that is its Gill and Tudor-Jones going and Crofts coming in.

That would leave us with Russell, Smith, Hughes and Crofts as the recognised central midfielders with experience and Adeyemi pushing them. Lappin and Spillane can obviously do a job there. If Russell doesn''t sign then I think we will keep Gill as back up.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]Russell sure does seem to be taking his time in signing a new contract.[/quote]

I think he''s got time off to think about it,some sort of family problem or something like wasnthat ''t it? or did i just dream that?!?

He was allowed to go to a family reunion in America instead of being at the Parade.