Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

Are you sitting comfortably?

[quote user="blogger"]You are doing something right now that 72 million children around the world cannot do.

Do you wonder what that is? Something simple - for us - that we take for granted because we can do it; probably been able to do it for years.

It''s reading this blog.

[/quote]

This is as far as I got. What arrogance to think that 72 million children even want to read your blog

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Has she said that they want to? she is saying they don''t have the choice.....

[/quote]But we must make them go to school?  Or will they have a choice to opt out and carrying on doing some work to scratch some money together for food?  

[quote user="Epic Beard Man"]

This is as far as I got. What arrogance to think that 72 million children even want to read your blog

[/quote]

Have stopped lurking and logged in just to say that is the funniest reply I''ve seen for ages.

And also to say to WITS - I dig the guerilla charity work.

Neither are skills, they are inherent female abilities

which I suppose compensate for lack of parking ability !

That''s a load of cobblers about inherent skills and I can park better than a lot of men I know sunshine! Including parallel parking. Why do so many men I see in car-parks abandon their vehicles over the line yet I can reverse park very easily.

"Each click represents the

death of yet another child from poverty; from starvation; from the lack

of

education:        1,2,3 click; 1,2,3 click; 1,2,3,click; 1,2,3,

click;

1,2,3 clickAre you still sitting

comfortably?"
No. I''m sorry but each click does not represent death. I like the stuff you write WITS but this is cheap. There is much to be done to alleviate poverty across the world but this doesn''t help. Free trade and an end to the CAP might be a start. Let the poor sell to us eh? Just an idea. 

Ah but do you drive like most women do, whereby they rest their elbows on the bottom of the sterring wheel and cling onto the top of the steering wheel with their hands ?

something about the closer to the windscreen they are the better they can drive

[quote user="Chrisr"]"Each click represents the

death of yet another child from poverty; from starvation; from the lack

of

education:        1,2,3 click; 1,2,3 click; 1,2,3,click; 1,2,3,

click;

1,2,3 clickAre you still sitting

comfortablty?"
No. I''m sorry but each click does not represent death. I like the stuff you write WITS but this is cheap. There is much to be done to alleviate poverty across the world but this doesn''t help. Free trade and an end to the CAP might be a start. Let the poor sell to us eh? Just an idea. 

[/quote]This is based on information I found through Fairtrade and GCE - their words that I''ve used.

[quote user="City1st"]Ah but do you drive like most women do, whereby they rest their elbows on the bottom of the sterring wheel and cling onto the top of the steering wheel with their hands ?

something about the closer to the windscreen they are the better they can drive[/quote]No I drive with my hands at 10 to 2 and sit so that my legs are at length ie not squashed up. Cannot abide being close to the wheel or screen. I also drive by the rev counter!

I''m surprised that there are not more supportive posts on this thread. Maybe it is because it is difficult to say anything, I was left sitting very uncomfortable, I thought your choice of title was perfect. All I can say is that anyone who makes any effort to improve anyone''s life deserves credit. The vast majority of us all could always do more for those less fortunate than ourselves.