Sign in to follow this  
fishbulbman

Stuart Downing on loan

more gossip ... reports on another board that Sturart Downing from Middlesbro is in the frame - don''t know much about him other than he was on loan at Sunderland earlier on in the season.

I''d love to see Stuart Downing in on loan. Very highly rated left sided midfielder. Really can''t see it happening though. Up until a couple of weeks ago he was getting in the Boro first team. I couldn''t be sure but I should think he''s getting on the bench now. I doubt Boro would want to let a first teamer go out on loan at this stage of the season. A few months back Wigan had a 750K bid turned down. Must be pretty handy

Might be something in the rumours as Middlesborough won the cup last weekend and are pretty safe in the Premiership.With a European place secure, Maclaren might be more inclined to give the fringe players a chance elsewhere for experience. Would like to see someone like Downing, but if he''s a left midfielder that would suggest its a non-starter as we''ve McVeigh and Brennan for that particular position.